Extra Easy How is this possible?

Shangri-la

Is it possible to have gained 7lbs in the last four days?. I was 10st 8lbs last friday and have had a five day really bad binge. Scale is now showing 11st11/2lbs!!!!

I know that I have had enough and am starting afresh today but how long will it take to get it off now??!!!.

If I have a couple of days off, my 'gain' is huge. I put on 5lbs after a weekend off plan and a huge 10lbs after 7 days all inclusive. The 5lb gain took 4 days to lose and the 10lb one was gone after a week and a half on plan. It's not real, most of it will be water retention and as long as you get back on plan it will be gone quickly. X

If I have a couple of days off, my 'gain' is huge. I put on 5lbs after a weekend off plan and a huge 10lbs after 7 days all inclusive. The 5lb gain took 4 days to lose and the 10lb one was gone after a week and a half on plan. It's not real, most of it will be water retention and as long as you get back on plan it will be gone quickly. X

Oh, thank god, louise1982!. I feel so much better now as i really feel dreadful today, as if I am suffering a hangover and my cravings are huge for more sugar. I even have a throbbing carb crash headache. However, as you say, if i stop now and get on with the plan, the damage will be reversible quite quickly. Thank you for your reply. It really has helped my mood.xx

think of it as "soft fat" and "hard fat".

SOFT FAT
this is any weight that comes and goes quickly. So if you have a binge session you may gain 2 lbs, but it slips off again after a couple of days back on plan. If however you don't get rid of the soft fat again, it becomes hard fat.

HARD FAT
This is the weight that has been on your body for a while and is stuck to you, this takes more effort to shift, chiselling away at 2lbs of hard fat may take a couple of weeks.

On SW we have 2 aims, to avoid soft fat and to get rid of the hard fat.

Before anyone comments, i know that this is in no way biologically accurate but it's a useful analogy that i find helpful to keep on track.

think of it as "soft fat" and "hard fat". SOFT FAT this is any weight that comes and goes quickly. So if you have a binge session you may gain 2 lbs, but it slips off again after a couple of days back on plan. If however you don't get rid of the soft fat again, it becomes hard fat. HARD FAT This is the weight that has been on your body for a while and is stuck to you, this takes more effort to shift, chiselling away at 2lbs of hard fat may take a couple of weeks. On SW we have 2 aims, to avoid soft fat and to get rid of the hard fat. Before anyone comments, i know that this is in no way biologically accurate but it's a useful analogy that i find helpful to keep on track.

It makes a lot of sense though!

My husband has put on 18lbs in one week but he lost it within 2 weeks. He's terrible for retaining water when he eats high fat, salty food like Chinese takeaway

think of it as "soft fat" and "hard fat".

SOFT FAT
this is any weight that comes and goes quickly. So if you have a binge session you may gain 2 lbs, but it slips off again after a couple of days back on plan. If however you don't get rid of the soft fat again, it becomes hard fat.

HARD FAT
This is the weight that has been on your body for a while and is stuck to you, this takes more effort to shift, chiselling away at 2lbs of hard fat may take a couple of weeks.

On SW we have 2 aims, to avoid soft fat and to get rid of the hard fat.

Before anyone comments, i know that this is in no way biologically accurate but it's a useful analogy that i find helpful to keep on track.

Ha ha - I call it "jelly fat" - you have to get rid of it before it sets!!!

It won't be fat gain- it takes about 3500 extra calories to gain 1lb of fat.

If you've binged then it will be water retention/bloating due to the types of food you ate and the weight of any undigested food still inside your body.

Drink lots of water to flush everything through and go back to SW plan. Don't compensate by reducing syns or anything, just eat as usual and within a few days a lot of that will come right off.

Thank you so much for the very helpful replies. I feel so much better emotionally if not physically. I am drinking black coffee to try to stop my sugar cravings and headache. so hard to get back on track.

I love the soft/hard fat analogy. It is such a good way of looking at it. Thank you again and i do realise that carb crash is never anyone's friend. I wish i can just remember this before the next rampage!!!

Back