Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

How many syns?

Discussion in 'Syn Values' started by 4busybee, 9 January 2010 Social URL.

1. 4busybee

4busybee Full Member

Hi all , hope all is going good for you all with the plans esp with all this bad weather we're having it makes things so much harder dosent it?

I made a nice warming chilli today so that was good i feel nice and full from my lunch now :) long may it last lol

Just a quick question really i weigh 17 st and am currently following the EE plan in a bid to get back on track at sw lol, just wondered how many syns you guys have and how you find it effects your weight loss? I have been told to have between 5 and 15, tbh i always go over 10 although i try not too, i just wondered if maybe i could go to 15 esp at the weekend just dont know if that would be too many, i know we can have them just wondered if having less would be better for my losses. Just that esp on a staurday i fancy a choccie in fron of tv and a nice hot choc too would be good :) hehehe. Do any of you have more syns at the weekend and how do you find it ?

Thanx

xxxxxxxxx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. ukmonkey2002

ukmonkey2002 Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11lb(13.74%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    I always use more at weekend but everyone is differant .
    you will need to trial and error my mate can can 15 every day no bother and still has 3-4lbs losses I get a pound :( but she eats loads of fruit takes me all my time to eat a banana

4. ukmonkey2002

ukmonkey2002 Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11lb(13.74%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    oh and shes now a skinny size 10 almost at target

5. mod-karen79

mod-karen79 rainbows holiday buddy :)

i think if you're 100% with everything else, ie eating lots of free/superfree foods and weighing what needs to be weighed you should be fine.

6. soccermom

soccermom I AM A WEMITT x

Start Weight:
    19st3lb
    Current Weight:
    18st1.5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1.5lb(5.76%)
    Diet:
    SW
    I have just been out for a walk and could do with a bowl of that chilli.

I follow red days mainly and have 10 syns a day, but sometimes if I fancy something extra nice I will go up to 15 without any worry at all. :D

I'm sure you could work in a hot chocolate and a bar of choc into your plan. If you use the milk for hot choc as part of your Hea it will be hardly any syns at all :D

Go on enjoy

7. Donnie46

Donnie46 Slow but sure....

Start Weight:
    22st0lb
    Current Weight:
    19st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(11.36%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - Green Days only.
    I have a lot of weight to lose, so I use all my syns.

8. BritMumInCanada

BritMumInCanada Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    use all your syns, why not?

15 max are there to be used. As long as you are 100% on plan with everything else, there is no reason to deprive yourself. Especially if you have a lot to lose (like I have). As once you get down to the last bit of weight, that is likely when you will need to cut back on syns a little. If you cut back on them too early, you have nothing to adjust later on.

9. Harry'sMom07

Harry'sMom07 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st3.0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0.0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5.5lb(2.76%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I tend to have between 9 and 15, but usually about 10. This is only because I tend to save them for evening munchies and often I am still full from eating all my free food and superfree fruit that I find I would just be eating them for the sake of it. I wouldn't hesitate to use 15 if I wanted to though :)

10. malaika

malaika Lover of Extra Easy

Start Weight:
    11st8lb
    Current Weight:
    9st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st8lb(22.22%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    I have always used 15. Sometimes a little less and sometimes a little more. It didn't hamper my weight loss.
    At the moment I am doing a little more most days as I am at target and I know that I should be upping my HEXs to maintain but some days I can't even manage the 2 let alone more.
    I will see how my WI goes this week. We were snowed in last week so it'll be 2 weeks since weigh in and I'll be able to adjust syns accordingly.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.