How many syns?

Discussion in 'Syn Values' started by 4busybee, 9 January 2010 Social URL.

1. 4busybee

4busybee Full Member

Hi all , hope all is going good for you all with the plans esp with all this bad weather we're having it makes things so much harder dosent it?

I made a nice warming chilli today so that was good i feel nice and full from my lunch now :) long may it last lol

Just a quick question really i weigh 17 st and am currently following the EE plan in a bid to get back on track at sw lol, just wondered how many syns you guys have and how you find it effects your weight loss? I have been told to have between 5 and 15, tbh i always go over 10 although i try not too, i just wondered if maybe i could go to 15 esp at the weekend just dont know if that would be too many, i know we can have them just wondered if having less would be better for my losses. Just that esp on a staurday i fancy a choccie in fron of tv and a nice hot choc too would be good :) hehehe. Do any of you have more syns at the weekend and how do you find it ?

Thanx

xxxxxxxxx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. ukmonkey2002

ukmonkey2002 Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11lb(13.74%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    I always use more at weekend but everyone is differant .
    you will need to trial and error my mate can can 15 every day no bother and still has 3-4lbs losses I get a pound :( but she eats loads of fruit takes me all my time to eat a banana

4. ukmonkey2002

ukmonkey2002 Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11lb(13.74%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    oh and shes now a skinny size 10 almost at target

5. mod-karen79

mod-karen79 rainbows holiday buddy :)

i think if you're 100% with everything else, ie eating lots of free/superfree foods and weighing what needs to be weighed you should be fine.

6. soccermom

soccermom I AM A WEMITT x

Start Weight:
    19st3lb
    Current Weight:
    18st1.5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1.5lb(5.76%)
    Diet:
    SW
    I have just been out for a walk and could do with a bowl of that chilli.

I follow red days mainly and have 10 syns a day, but sometimes if I fancy something extra nice I will go up to 15 without any worry at all. :D

I'm sure you could work in a hot chocolate and a bar of choc into your plan. If you use the milk for hot choc as part of your Hea it will be hardly any syns at all :D

Go on enjoy

7. Donnie46

Donnie46 Slow but sure....

Start Weight:
    22st0lb
    Current Weight:
    19st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(11.36%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - Green Days only.
    I have a lot of weight to lose, so I use all my syns.

8. BritMumInCanada

BritMumInCanada Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    use all your syns, why not?

15 max are there to be used. As long as you are 100% on plan with everything else, there is no reason to deprive yourself. Especially if you have a lot to lose (like I have). As once you get down to the last bit of weight, that is likely when you will need to cut back on syns a little. If you cut back on them too early, you have nothing to adjust later on.

9. Harry'sMom07

Harry'sMom07 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st3.0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0.0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5.5lb(2.76%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I tend to have between 9 and 15, but usually about 10. This is only because I tend to save them for evening munchies and often I am still full from eating all my free food and superfree fruit that I find I would just be eating them for the sake of it. I wouldn't hesitate to use 15 if I wanted to though :)

10. malaika

malaika Lover of Extra Easy

Start Weight:
    11st8lb
    Current Weight:
    9st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st8lb(22.22%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    I have always used 15. Sometimes a little less and sometimes a little more. It didn't hamper my weight loss.
    At the moment I am doing a little more most days as I am at target and I know that I should be upping my HEXs to maintain but some days I can't even manage the 2 let alone more.
    I will see how my WI goes this week. We were snowed in last week so it'll be 2 weeks since weigh in and I'll be able to adjust syns accordingly.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.