How much coke zero do you drink daily/weekly ?

Hi again,

Just a quicky question.

When I saw my cdc today she mentioned that seeing I was 2 weeks in I could drink coke zero, she drinks on average 3lts of the stuff every day. :eek:

Do you cd's drink it?

Thanks

Bm2lm xx

The maximum is 1 pint per day but on the understanding that it can affect your weightloss. Some do get away with it lots don't.

3 ltrs is excessive the majority of your fluids should be water.

There are calories in coke zero.

Linda

I like the odd can of diet coke (say twice a week) but that much, I have to say, sounds excessive to me.

Too much caffeine can cause hunger pangs and affect ketosis, I recall, from my Atkins days. It is also full of chemicals, such as aspartame I think, which have a bad press.

Does she drink this instead of water?

I agree with Kati that it should be a treat.

I have about a pint every few days as a treat. It hasn't brought me out of ketosis nor affected my weight loss I don't think. I allow myself to do this as I have never cheated on this diet and this helps to get me by ! Particularly over Xmas !

Hi Bm2lm

Whether or not it affects your weightloss I would say it is irresponsible of your CDC to encourage you to drink that much Coke. For one thing it would reduce the amount of water that you can drink and for another it would be really unhealthy to drink all those chemicals.

Try to get as much water down as possible and a coke zero on occasion is the best bet.

Good Luck

Dizzy x

My cdc drinks about 5lts of water a day as well as the coke.

bm2lm xx

I tell people that have it if you really can't do with out it, but only have a little bit just to settle your craving.
Because of the sweet taste I find this kicks of the craving even more. And there is more calories then water so more to burn.
So I think just stick to the water if I was you.

I agree with Nick, I tell my clients that if they really want one, perhaps when they've gone out for a night, then have it as an occasional treat.

I never drink the stuff myself, but was never a fan anyway so it wasn't a problem for me. But whilst your SSing you're giving your body all the nutrients it needs and not putting any rubbish food in your body, so do you really want to drink the stuff?

That's my opinion anyway :)

Have you had a look whats in it to make it Zero, bit bloomin scary!!!!!

I was a great fizzy drinker b4 CD, but now, I only have water, even after being of SS for 3 months I still have water, tastes change and now when I have fizzy pop I feel bloated and horrid!!!

5 litres of water and 3 litres of coke a day wow! she must be living on the toilet!

3 litres is a hell of a lot! I have a guy at work who drank 4 litres a day of diet coke and lost his stomach lining and was really ill so I only ever drink a small glass of the stuff if out and about. Boring as it is but water on this diet is the life blood and water is the key to being slim.

M.

Like Icemoose, I know someone who made himself really ill too - when I was at Uni my lecturer would come in with 3-4 can of diet coke for a 1.5 hour lecture. Then something happened to his kidneys and he was hospitalised (he lost a lot of weight, but I don't think that was the aim!!!!).

Have you thought about trying bottled sparkling water with summer berry or orange flavouring? i really like this, and the bubbles fill me up.

Good luck!

Back