How much did your meals cost today?

Smallerme

Budget is a huge consideration for everyone, and I thought a daily tally might help cut some of the costs that figure into Dukan. It's sometimes good to see where the money is ending up, and plan in some cheaper meals/days. I'd like to be spending no more than £40 on my food in a week, as that's a huge chunk of my shopping budget with a husband & 3 kids, 1 dog, 2 cats & 2 guinea pigs to feed ;) .

Today felt very extravagant but actually worked out way less than I thought it would.

Smoked salmon 120g B & L £1.79
Seafood sticks £1
2 eggs 40p
yoghurt 50p
salmon fillet £2.30
oatbran 5p worth, lol)
milk 20p

Total of £6.24

I've spent about £6 again today, that includes eating out with a chicken salad when we were at costco so it includes that. Yoghurt & oatbran for brekkie, chicken salad for both lunch and dinner, and add in some more yoghurt after dinner.

I spend about £30-40 on my own food, but live on my own, so there are no economies of scale or anything on meat etc.

Food yesterday cost £7.94, but I did have beef and salmon.

I'm happy that I dont have to fork out weekly meeting fees, so don't mind the slight increase in cost, although with all the little extras, maybe dukan is actually cheaper . . .

I think Dukan is much cheaper - there's no extras! Today I spent £10 on a delicious roasting joint that did me tonight's (large) dinner (!), 4 portions in the freezer and tomorrow I'm making stock with the bone to put in the freezer as well.

Cheaper day today, I've felt a bit ill so just grabbed what was handy. Yoghurts, oatbran porridge, seafood sticks, polish lowfat pork loin slices, leftover chicken from yesterday. All in all about £4.

Back