How much do you spend on you SW shop?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by curlygirl, 1 April 2009 Social URL.

1. curlygirl

curlygirl Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st8lb
    Current Weight:
    11st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    On average, how much do you think you spend on SW food for the week. I know its probably hard to work out cause buying for the rest of the family etc. We don't spend much on our shops (3 of us and prob spend about £40 per week) and I know that if I start throwing extra stuff for me in that the cost will obviously go up so I tend to make do with the boring the basic which can become a bit boring really!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Joanne W

Joanne W Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming world
    My bill comes to about £100 but I do feed 3 adults and 4 kids! ( I look after my twin nephews 4 days a week and my dad comes to give me a hand. It costs a fortune in fruit and vegetables as all four kids love them - cant wait until summer when the should be a lot cheaper.

I have done WW in the past but I find that it is a lot cheaper for me to follow the sw diet1

4. jaylou

jaylou Gold Member

I don't really buy anything special for me, our shopping is all SW friendly, it's our way of life!!
    The meals are family friendly and the only things I buy SW are fry light and splenda.
    I guess I spend £40-50 a week on the 3 of us and that includes wine!!!

5. Madferret

Madferret Mad as a Hatter

Start Weight:
    12st10lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    I went last night and to feed 2 adults and 2 kids, I spent £80... but I can go to the supermarket a couple of times a week as well as ordering from Joe's etc ...and it doesn't include my wine ... :cry:
    Maybe I need to cut down a bit...:eek::eek:

6. Kimbers

Kimbers Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st9lb
    Current Weight:
    9st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10lb(14.72%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    My shopping is normally about £50-£60 for 3 of us from Tesco home delivery, I went to Morrisons last week to prepare for SW and spent more than £100 and had to top up, but I hadn't been near a supermarket in weeks so it was a treat and I went a bit mad I think.

I did the list from the SW magazine on Tesco online and the fruit and veg they recommended alone cost £57 I was slightly shocked to say the least. Luckily I don't like most of the fruit and veg so it's usually a bit cheaper lol.

7. lauryloo

lauryloo Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st9lb
    Current Weight:
    11st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(4.91%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    I probably spend about £30 a week on just me - i've been eating tons of fresh fruit.

8. Laurie

Laurie MM addict

Diet:
    Slim and Save
    abou £20 a week on myself im a red girl and red days can be expensive im afraid :-(

9. Liannioso

Liannioso Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st4lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(2.53%)
    Diet:
    calorie counting
    I spend £40 most weeks on me and my Partner when we are both doing slimming world - when not I can get away with just around £30.

10. Rachella

Rachella Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    10st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    4st0lb(26.79%)
    Diet:
    Calorie counting and shakes
    We spend faaaar too much just for the two of us! Can be anything from £45 to £60! We often entertain though and my bf isnt doing SW so hard to say what I actually spend on just SW food... our food bill has definitely not gone down since I started SW - if anything it's more - fruit and veg costs loads!

11. Taz

Taz Spam Hunter

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(30.4%)
    Diet:
    HGB
    What's an SW shop? This is my lifestyle now and all I can really say is I now spend a lot less on my trolly full of healthy food than I used to spend on junk food!

12. Divster

Divster Banned

I must be going wrong somewhere as my shopping comes to £100-£130 a week! 2 adults, 1 teen, and 2 babies (Both in nappies)

13. weemo

weemo Trying again!!!

My grocery bills were higher the first few weeks of doing SW but now they are about £40-£50 (for my hubby and me) but that includes a bottle of wine. Buying fruit and veg can be expensive but we don't buy junk food now so one cancels the other out.

14. Taz

Taz Spam Hunter

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(30.4%)
    Diet:
    HGB
    nappies are expensive! So are teenagers! Have you looked at reusable nappies?

15. Divster

Divster Banned

About £16 goes on nappies and baby wipes a week, so its still high without those!!!

16. Taz

Taz Spam Hunter

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(30.4%)
    Diet:
    HGB
    When my brother left home my mums shopping bill dropped drastically! It's amazing how much a teenager munches through!

17. Irene

Irene Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(6.92%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    £100 per week on average for our household. Includes lots of healthy food but hubby and 2 teenagers are not on SW as such so I get pizza, crisps, cakes and biscuits for them.
    Irene

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. Divster

Divster Banned

She is girl, so dont eat alot really! I dont even buy alot of meat either! hmm

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.