Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

How much do you spend on you SW shop?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by curlygirl, 1 April 2009 Social URL.

1. curlygirl

curlygirl Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st8lb
    Current Weight:
    11st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    On average, how much do you think you spend on SW food for the week. I know its probably hard to work out cause buying for the rest of the family etc. We don't spend much on our shops (3 of us and prob spend about £40 per week) and I know that if I start throwing extra stuff for me in that the cost will obviously go up so I tend to make do with the boring the basic which can become a bit boring really!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Joanne W

Joanne W Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming world
    My bill comes to about £100 but I do feed 3 adults and 4 kids! ( I look after my twin nephews 4 days a week and my dad comes to give me a hand. It costs a fortune in fruit and vegetables as all four kids love them - cant wait until summer when the should be a lot cheaper.

I have done WW in the past but I find that it is a lot cheaper for me to follow the sw diet1

4. jaylou

jaylou Gold Member

I don't really buy anything special for me, our shopping is all SW friendly, it's our way of life!!
    The meals are family friendly and the only things I buy SW are fry light and splenda.
    I guess I spend £40-50 a week on the 3 of us and that includes wine!!!

5. Madferret

Madferret Mad as a Hatter

Start Weight:
    12st10lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    I went last night and to feed 2 adults and 2 kids, I spent £80... but I can go to the supermarket a couple of times a week as well as ordering from Joe's etc ...and it doesn't include my wine ... :cry:
    Maybe I need to cut down a bit...:eek::eek:

6. Kimbers

Kimbers Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st9lb
    Current Weight:
    9st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10lb(14.72%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    My shopping is normally about £50-£60 for 3 of us from Tesco home delivery, I went to Morrisons last week to prepare for SW and spent more than £100 and had to top up, but I hadn't been near a supermarket in weeks so it was a treat and I went a bit mad I think.

I did the list from the SW magazine on Tesco online and the fruit and veg they recommended alone cost £57 I was slightly shocked to say the least. Luckily I don't like most of the fruit and veg so it's usually a bit cheaper lol.

7. lauryloo

lauryloo Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st9lb
    Current Weight:
    11st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(4.91%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    I probably spend about £30 a week on just me - i've been eating tons of fresh fruit.

8. Laurie

Laurie MM addict

Diet:
    Slim and Save
    abou £20 a week on myself im a red girl and red days can be expensive im afraid :-(

9. Liannioso

Liannioso Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st4lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(2.53%)
    Diet:
    calorie counting
    I spend £40 most weeks on me and my Partner when we are both doing slimming world - when not I can get away with just around £30.

10. Rachella

Rachella Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    10st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    4st0lb(26.79%)
    Diet:
    Calorie counting and shakes
    We spend faaaar too much just for the two of us! Can be anything from £45 to £60! We often entertain though and my bf isnt doing SW so hard to say what I actually spend on just SW food... our food bill has definitely not gone down since I started SW - if anything it's more - fruit and veg costs loads!

11. Taz

Taz Spam Hunter

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    11st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st13lb(33.2%)
    Diet:
    HGB
    What's an SW shop? This is my lifestyle now and all I can really say is I now spend a lot less on my trolly full of healthy food than I used to spend on junk food!

12. Divster

Divster Banned

I must be going wrong somewhere as my shopping comes to £100-£130 a week! 2 adults, 1 teen, and 2 babies (Both in nappies)

13. weemo

weemo Trying again!!!

My grocery bills were higher the first few weeks of doing SW but now they are about £40-£50 (for my hubby and me) but that includes a bottle of wine. Buying fruit and veg can be expensive but we don't buy junk food now so one cancels the other out.

14. Taz

Taz Spam Hunter

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    11st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st13lb(33.2%)
    Diet:
    HGB
    nappies are expensive! So are teenagers! Have you looked at reusable nappies?

15. Divster

Divster Banned

About £16 goes on nappies and baby wipes a week, so its still high without those!!!

16. Taz

Taz Spam Hunter

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    11st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st13lb(33.2%)
    Diet:
    HGB
    When my brother left home my mums shopping bill dropped drastically! It's amazing how much a teenager munches through!

17. Irene

Irene Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(6.92%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    £100 per week on average for our household. Includes lots of healthy food but hubby and 2 teenagers are not on SW as such so I get pizza, crisps, cakes and biscuits for them.
    Irene

18. Divster

Divster Banned

She is girl, so dont eat alot really! I dont even buy alot of meat either! hmm

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.