how much does it actually cost!

JustForMe

Gold Member
iv got my appointment to see a CDC but how much does this thing cost in money terms???

more hours at work than lol:(

thanks!

Mine was £48 a week. The packs are something like one pound twenty or something and the tetras are normally twenty pence more! Mine cost more because i had to have 4 packs a day as i am 5'11. It depends on your height:

Under 5 foot 8 need 3 packs
Over 5 foot 8 need 4 packs

Its worked out on how many packs you do. That said, i think the average is between £34-£38

im only small so im going for the cheaper option...the money may not sound alot but im a student on a budget!!!

CDC's are all self employed ... so in theory can charge what they want. I charge £1.65 per pack of soup/shake, £1.90 per bar or tetra (ready made up carton of shake). Check with your CDC in advance if you want to take cash along.

thanks for all the advice :)

Just a thought, I know it might seem a lot of money, but add up what you would spend a week on food, on drinks.. on a coffee out in town whatever.. honestly, on this diet, I save money!

me too!! Ido allaboutw8 and thats £49 for 4 packs a day but I normally spend £30 on a sat night out drinking alone let alone the takeaways and the normal weekly shop!!!

iv never really thought about it like that ..im just going to have to budget (sigh) no more shoes for a while :p

i actually dont drink and iv never really had to buy food because i still live at home (saves on student accomodation) but it'll be worth it in the end when i see the results!

Linda, have the prices CDCs pay for the products just gone up? My CDC has just raised her prices and told me this was because, as of the beginning of April, she was being charged more.

Thanks,
HH
No, the prices haven't gone up, Helena. Up until last year, there was usually a price rise in April (cdcs charged more, therefore the rrp goes up), but it was changed to July last year because of the change in pricing structure. Again, it hasn't gone up in April of this year, but I believe it is going to in July.

Jo x

I think my CDC charges the same for all the packs (£1.85 each) - I pay £38.85 for my 21 packs.
When I first started in 2006 it was about £34 ... if I hadn't been such a twit and regained half the weight I lost then I wouldn't still be paying now! :sigh:

i actually dont drink and iv never really had to buy food because i still live at home (saves on student accomodation) but it'll be worth it in the end when i see the results!

I still live at home, i asked santa 4 the cambridge diet for christmas ;). It was a choice of going to amsterdam with the girls or this, so this is what i chose. I used to buy my luch everyday, costing me anywhere between £3-£6 a day, then get my tea provided for me when i get home. Whereas now i in thoery pay no more than £2- for any meal. It does pay. x x x

Back