How much water do you drink?

SILVER79

I only manage to get in 3 litres yesterday and a little over 2 litres today. How about the rest of you?

Usually manage 2-3 litres a day plus several black coffees.

hey chellywelly you do over 4 litres? isn't 4 the maximum? is there any harm in having too much you think?

jdfakj

I probably drink more than 4 litres through the day. As long as you don't drink too much all at once its ok. There was a good post my last time around that said how much your kidneys could deal with in an hour but can't remember what it was. I know I was well within the limit and drank well over 4 litres then.

~I just about manage the min 2 L a day!
Do drink black or green tea tho and odd black coffee!

I drink between 3 and 4 ltrs per day, but I also make my shakes to 500ml, so thats extra. I don't drink tea/coffee - but that would count too.

I was told if you drink much more than 4 ltr you body starts to retain the water and your losses aren't as quick.

HTH. xx

I drink around 3-3.5ltrs a day and make my shakes with 400-500ml of water so ups the intake as well.

It did take me a while to get used to drinking so much water. I did used to drink water, but with Robinsons R diluted juice, and around 3 pints a day! Used to think I was doing well.

A trick I did at the beginning was carry 500ml bottles around with me...for some reason you get through this so much more quickly. As soon as you get up, start sipping it....if you travel, sip it as well, and before you know it, you will be onto your first litre!

I now used 1.5ltr bottles as I dont find it so daunting seeing a bottle that size and knowing I need to drink two of them, and a little more besides.

I find that I need a bottle with me all the times as my mouth seems to get very dry..so keep it with you at all time, even when shopping.and just keep sipping,,,you will be surprised that it is easier than you think.

Break it down into hours, and minutes and then you will get an idea of how much you need to drink!

Keep at it though; the more the better!

I'm on about 3 litres a day, plus shakes, plus a couple of coffees but at weekends I dont seem to be able to down quite as much water but then I guess thats because I dont have my colleague at work to compete with when at home ;)

I normally have around 4l a day and for me thats easy!! Today I've only had 3.5l cos of placement but have surprised myself by not living in the loo!

Between 2 to 4 ltrs a day will be great. I find it best to keep sipping throughout the day and use a litre bottle which I keep refilling from a filter jug. Using a bottle is great as it makes you sip and you can keep track of the amount you drink. I try to have one litre during the moening, another by lunch and then another in the afternoon. Anything else after that is a bonus as far as I'm concerned.

Thanks everyone! Will try to up the water. Yeah need to get a big bottle. Have 2 black coffees a day aswell. Didn't think I would ever be able to drink black coffee, as I used to have it with milk and sugar. But it's not so bad anymore. Funny how you can make yourself adjust to thing. :)

Back