How much water is too much ?

Wobbley Woo

Life Is A Constant Diet.
I noticed my scales are not moving this week and wonered if I am drinking too much.

I have 2 litres of water, the 3 shakes, and around 12 hot drinks a day, is this too much fluid ?

Depends on how much is in your hot drinks. LT recommends no more than 4.5l- tea/coffee etc. included, not including shakes. HTH?

If you are drinking 12 mugs a day then that would be about 3.5l in hot drinks. Have you tried measuring the quantity in your hot cups to see how mcuh you are drinking? If you are having tea cups then it will be substantially lower.

3.5l + 2litres of water and then your shakes is possibly a bit too much as they recommend 4.5l max plus shakes.

Having said that everyone seens to get slightly differing advice!!

We started on the same date and you have lost more than me... My scales arent moving by much this week either but then thats the prob with home scales. You get obsessed and lose hope cos they are not moving.... whereas a weekly weigh shows real movement! Its only Friday, 2 days since last weigh in so its early in the week yet?!!

Thanks girls, yes there normal mug size, I had a feeling I was drinking too much, have cut it down today.

Will measure the liquid in my cups as well just to be sure.

another silly question, is 500 mils half a litre ? so 4 x 500 mils would make 2 litres ?

Yep.
I was drinking wayyy too much as well because of my big mugs of black tea!

Collette,

Yep thats right...

he he I am thick aren't I

I measured the mug liquid and each mug holds 300 mils so x 12 is over 3 litres, oops :rolleyes:

It's that peppermint tea, it's so addictive :eek:

Back