How much will this slow down...

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by Uphillstruggle, 22 May 2007 Social URL.

1. Uphillstruggle

Uphillstruggle Full Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Still loving the diet and sticking to it 100% after 75 days. I have pretty much hit my first target of losing 3 stone and am now 11 stone. I just wondered how much I can expect the weightloss to slow now as I try to reach my new target of 9 stone?

Can I still expect to lose a stone a month once in development? I need to know for financial reasons really as affording the £66 each week is starting to get a bit difficult! It would be good to know how much more I need to budget for. Do you think it is realistic to think of it as another 2 months (10 weeks) before I can lose the last 2 stone?

2. Avatar Matched Content

3. Goombagirl

Goombagirl Full Member

Hi, I didn't do development - went into management after foundation but looking at my little book I lost 11 lbs in the last 3 weeks before management started at which point my BMI was 21.7. However I felt pretty bad at times in the last week as my BP went right down - really needed some more calories. I don't think weight loss necessarily slows but some of my group have felt rotten as they neared goal.

I think it is realistic to expect 2 stone in 10 weeks (possibly sooner), especially given your excellent rate of loss so far, but someone else may know better!
  4. Helen

Helen Full Member

Start Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    My counsellor says to expect to continue to lose a stone a month right through to target which is what has happened to those of my group who have moved/are about to move onto management. The one who has been doing management for 3 weeks now has lost another 6lb in that time too. Hope that helps.
  5. Betty Boo

Betty Boo Full Member

Lighter Life
    Well done uphillstruggle, that is a great loss. I am sure that if you carry on you will lose more or less a stone a month untill you get to the lower weight probably around 10ish stone and then it might slow down slightly. But from all I have heard and read I think a stone a month is more or less the average.

Have a look at AmandaJaynes thread, she has lost an incredible amount of weight and has such a lot of great advice to keep you going.

Good luck with the rest of your journey

Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.