How to make porridge biscuits in pictures

Did you try the biscuits Marge?

I tried twice and didn't really enjoy them. Found them a bit of a funny texture cold and hot

Xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Not yet Sam. ...
After last night's baking disaster I'm not sure I shoul now !!!
Haha :D
I will try them soon :)

Just tried making these. I couldn't get on with em at all n had to throw it away lol. So for my personal taste this isn't for me. I hope other ppl have more luck :)

Just tried making these. I couldn't get on with em at all n had to throw it away lol. So for my personal taste this isn't for me. I hope other ppl have more luck :)

I wasn't keen either ... Think if you need to chew something the bars are the way! X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I made them this morning for breakfast and really enjoyed them..........might use all my porridge packs this way. I did add a hint of cinnamon and thought I might try with nutmeg too :)

I need to try making these, I made the porridge this morning and managed about 4 teaspoons before i started gagging so bad i thought i was going to be sick! Hope the biscuits are ok as I have just ordered the porridge and pasta pack :rolleyes:

I made them Keely, they are much nicer with cinnamon in!

wekk im defo trying them my porridge soup is just awful!!! i just cant stomach it i think it tastes of cheese!

Just a small thought, perhaps make sure to drink an extra glass of water on the days you're having the porridge biscuits. Simply because you use far less water to make them as opposed to the porridge. And the baking would extract more moisture.

These look amazing! I am totally going to give these a try. I have to say that I love the porridge as it is but it's always good to have some options. I will get some cinnamon and give it a go!

Ok I think mine went wrong, made this morning to take to work and they went all smooth on top then stuck to baking paper!!! (I've never stuck anything to my paper) tried one and it was still soft inside like a cake so although brown on top too gooey inside I will attempt again tomorrow as I like the idea of biscuits at break time.

Am I correct in the thinking baking kills off some nutrients? like Cambridge says.
Think I need less water in them on next lots will post again xxx

Isn't this a bad idea if all packs need to be eaten within so many minutes of being prepared?

That's a fair point, and that's why I wouldn't have them all the time. But for me personally they are a bit of a life saver at the moment, I've nearly run out of bars which is the only thing I can take for lunch at the moment, cannot afford to buy another pack of bars, but have loads of porridge in the cupboard. So this is really handy when I'm stuck.

For those of you wanting the cooking instructions for these I've managed to eventually find them on here, so here you go.

Add very small amounts of cold water until it looks like a thick paste like cake mix.

Then spoon out onto baking tray dividing it into any sizes you like and bake at 150 degrees for 20 mins. To avoid them sticking use a decent quality non-stick / parchment / baking paper or invest in a silicone baking sheet which are brilliant. I'm going to start making them in batches so I've got them ready if I want to have them for one of my meals.

Thanks for this, i'm going to try making up a couple of packs tonight. Day one for me and the Porridge this morning was awful, the texture more than the taste. SO far i've figured try to eat the meals as hot as you can, the colder they are the worse they taste.
Love the chocolate shakes though :)

For those of you wanting the cooking instructions for these I've managed to eventually find them on here, so here you go.

Add very small amounts of cold water until it looks like a thick paste like cake mix.

Then spoon out onto baking tray dividing it into any sizes you like and bake at 150 degrees for 20 mins. To avoid them sticking use a decent quality non-stick / parchment / baking paper or invest in a silicone baking sheet which are brilliant. I'm going to start making them in batches so I've got them ready if I want to have them for one of my meals.

Well, this is my brekkie sorted!! :)

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins.com

I'm wondering what the drink in the picture is - doesn't look like an allowed drink?

Good question, I'd like to find an alternative to black tea pretty sharpish bleugh! I have to say that my biscuits didn't look like that either! I did the apple and cinnamon mix and it turned out too thick and tasted awful. I might try the normal porridge one and do it a lot thinner so that it has a chance of turning crispy.

Back