How very dare he!!

Marysu

Silver Member
My partner nearly drove me mental last night.
1.Slagging off my delish cauliflower and cheese mash. He said ah go on have a lovely scoop of mashed potato, i just politely declined.
2.Going to the garage and buying my favourite cookies after dinner, he NEVER does that. He then uses the excuse he fancied one, he bloody hates cookies. He then eats them sooooo slowly licking his lips each time. This time i ignore him but am getting quite pis*ed off indeed.
3.Turns into super loving boyfriend with 10pm treat of chips. I'm seriously ready to kill him at this stage but i breathe deeply and say "ah thanks love, i'll eat them in the kitchen" i went to the kitchen and threw them in the stove and he was none the wiser. Ha ha.
I know he thought he was being funny but i nearly gave in. Thank god for MiMS.
Does this happen to anyone else?

Why on earth would he do that? Whats he going to acheieve??

I'm very lucky I have the most supportive man. x

Oh he loves diet sabotage. Thinks it's a load of bs.

My hubby is concerned about my lack of carbs and is "going to watch me", but not as bad at sabotaging me like that! I am really impressed that you didn't slap the sh*t out of him! Think instead of throwing the chips away you need to tell him outright that you don't appreciate his behavior and if he keeps it up, he'll be the one that needs a diet! LOL

Sorry honey, sometimes partners and well meaning "friends" do this kind of thing because they are worried we will actually lose the weight and will somehow change. I have female friends with weight to lose that will try this kind of thing as well because they don't want to see me lose the weight because then they will feel guilty about their weight

x

Thats what my mam says too. So many people get jealous when you lose a few pounds and would love to see you fail. Not meaning it of course, maybe just thats how some people are. I don't like starchy carbs anyway as i find they make me feel quite ill. I'd say he was just in need of a ciggy(we both gave up recently) and was just being petty. He can sleep in the kennel if he does it again though. Ha ha

what a horrid thing to do. I can imagine my ex doing the same - bloody immature men. Im quite lucky had support of people, do get the occasional - omg you cholesterol will be terrible etc etc but i just tell them ive never eaten as much veg in my life and they shut up. (i dont tell them about the cheeseburger pie :) )

Hmm,

there was a thread about this some time ago and the general consensus was that some Men are insecure enough to believe that if you get nice and slim, you'll find somebody else and replace him.

Omg Jim if we get all nice and slim are you going to leave us???

OMG can't men be as*holes! I think Jim is right though, it is very much an insecurity thing with them! My hubby, who I adore I hasten to add, has even said it to me - you won't leave me if you get really slim will ya? As if.... I know what side my bread is buttered lol.

Keep your chin up hun and just blank hin when he is being stoopid, he'll give up when he sees you don't bite! ;)

LOL, I'm not going anywhere Vicky. ;)

phew...thats ok Jim :D

Hey did anyone get really bad spots when they first started this. I mean like huge pimples, i've never had ones like this before

I didn't, but it's probably down to the change in diet love, I'm sure they will go.

I hope so jim. They do seem like the ones that are getting rid of toxins if you know what i mean.

I would have to agree with Jim, he is probably scared that if you slim down and start looking even more amazing, he will lose you! My boyfriend has actually said 'will you run away with someone once you are slimmer?'. Ha. However I would never do that because my boyfriend is amazing! I'm sure yours is too, probably in a bad mood.

Ah he said that years ago with a few drinks in him. Thinking about it he was prob just seriously craving a cigarette, poor little munchkin. But any more diet sabotage and it'll be no more nice girl. The claws will come out and i'll flick the ***** switch. :p

i think its an insercurity thing. my hubby is like it too. trying to tempt me with food all the time. the kids try to wind me up and think its funny. revenge will be sweet and all mine!!
as for spots. YES. never had spots in my life. still got a massive one on my chin. i hate spots. they are bloody painfull too. not just a little black head. but full blown monster pussy spots! :mad:

I never had them before either. Now it's like a little gremlin under my skin. Cringe!

Back