Howdy!

x_ali_x

Silver Member
Hi I'm Ali I thought I'd join in here as it looks such great encouragement and support :D I need to loose 6 stone I'm aiming for a BMI of 22. I'm trying to do this by healthy eating, calorie counting and exercise. I am seeing a nurse at my GP surgery every 2 weeks to help keep me on track.

Looking forward to getting to know you all. :flirt2:

Hello Ali and welcome :)

I have just restarted my weight loss today.

In 2004 I followed a healthy eating plan and weighed in weekly at the nurse's clinic, I lost over 5 stone!...but I put it all on again through weak willpower and stupidity....not that YOU will, I just mean it DOES work. Weighing in at the nurse kept me on track and was a great incentive..so go for it good luck!!!

( I am now taking xenical to help me this time around as willpower alone isn't working for me, I can be found on the xenical forum below)

Well done for getting back on the wagon as it were :D my weight has gone up and down for a few years, I did loose quite a bit on orlistat but I don't have the best willpower in the world either so it all went back on :( this time though I'm trying to teach myself about the food I'm eating for example Ive managed to shock myself with just how many so called good foods have glucose syrup in! like micro-rice and low fat garlic sauce. Then a tin of beans has nearly 2 grams of salt in it.

With the exercising I'm quite enjoying knowing how many calories I'm burning using the wii fit, knowing I'd have to do 1hr 20 on the wii fit to burn 80g of milk chocolate scares me enough to not eat the chocolate lol and theres no way I'm having a pizza cos i really don't like exercise enough to have to do countless hours to burn that off.

I moved so am at a new surgery and the nurse said i can have the pills again if i can show her i can change my lifestyle first which is quite good i guess 'cos my old dr just gave me them and didn't really monitor me he never requested me to go weigh in with him.

Good luck with your weight loss too, I might have a pop in the forum and see how xenical works. Orlistat is quite different I think.

Hi Ali and welcome to the forum.

Just to let you know, Orlistat and Xenical are the same tablets xx

Oooh thanks what am I getting confused with then? I know theres one that curbs the apetite... doesn't take much to confuse me at the mo lol

Back