Husband needs to loose weight.

smegs1978

I am currently doing sw and have lost 2 stone so far, still need to loose another stone I think.

When I first met my husband 12 years ago he was very slim (28" waist) but since giving up smoking he has put a lot of weight on and at one point was nearly a 40" waist.

Since I have been doing sw he has gone down to a 36" waist but still has about 3 more stone to loose to get within a healthy bmi.

We both know he needs to loose weight but he can't seem to find the motivation to do it.

Any tips?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I think he really has to decide to do it himself. Same as when he stopped smoking, well done by the way, he had to want to do it for himself.

However, if you want to shrink him by stealth, only buy and cook healthy SW food.

have to agree with Silly Sausage above - it has to come from him. If he wants to loose that weight - then he can. The fact he's lost two trouser sizes though from you being a member is a start in the right direction - if/when he wants to accelerate any continued weight-loss - then he can start following the plan completely and loose it (quite quickly i imagine).

When I started SW in July, my husband half heartedly did it with me probably due to the fact that I do most of the cooking and all of the shopping .... ive stopped buying alot of the rubbish that we used to have but since xmas, he has been seeing some of the results which seems to have given him a new thirst for loosing weight .... hes lost nearly 3 stone now which has been brilliant so maybe if your hubby sees some changes in himself, it may spur him on but like everyone else said, the decision does lie with him and he has to want to do it.

xx

You should do it together. So much better when you do. I joined sw but me and my husband are following it because we both need to lose weight. We spur each other on when need to, support each other, motivate each other. Talk to him.. Make him realise you could enjoy a much healthier lifestyle together.. But ultimately, he will only do unless he wants to.

Thanks all for the replies.

We all eat sw meals, its the snacking that's the problem though. He has gone from eating White bread to 50/50 bread though.

I do the food shopping so I buy the stuff he snacks on. Think I need to stop buying the crap!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I started SW in jan and my partner wanted to do his own thing by cutting down and having low calorie meals because we don't live together. After a couple of weeks I'd lost quite a bit more than him, and seeing me eat SW KFC & chips whilst he tucked into a processed micro meal made up his mind to follow the same plan as me!!!! He lost 4.5 lbs last week and was over the moon. X

Back