I’m back again for the third time

They were so delicious that I had them again today lol. Having the exact same food today as yesterday, I find it easier to have very similar meals. I did have a lot of frozen veg ordered but after the listeria warning I didn’t want to chance it. Just left with a load of salad stuff and some left over frozen veg that I know is ok. I’ve been struggling in this heat so I ordered another air con unit for the front room. It’s really made a big difference. I highly recommend them.

Hope everyone enjoyed the football! X

Waitrose. They were a swap in my shopping. I wouldn’t normally pick something like that but they are delicious and Ive tried to get as much fat off as possible once cooked. I thought it was the sweet corn but with my poor health I didn’t want to take any chances. I don’t mind having mainly salad for a while especially while it’s hot x

They sound lovely, a bit expensive synwise for SW, but might try making them myself :).

And yep I'm all for salad in the hot weather!

Hope you've got a bit more energy today x

Let me know how they are if you do make them!

Yesterday was another write off. These headaches and bad nights are a joke. Feeling my normal crappy self today so that’s good. Starting today off watching Seven Seconds on Netflix. Ive got a load of strawberries that won’t last long so I’ll be having them quite often lol. Hoping to stay on plan today.

L- strawberries and natural yogurt
D- low fat turkey jalfrezi and salad
S- strawberries and natural yogurt

Have a good day 😃 x

The heat is so awful at night, makes it hard to stay on plan - but your menu looks lovely.

Hope it went well today.

So my health has taken another turn. I’ll be taking a little time off here as reading is a real struggle. It’ll be complete rest and just trying to survive until I get a little better. I look forward to catching up on all of your diaries when I’m back. Take care x

So my health has taken another turn. I’ll be taking a little time off here as reading is a real struggle. It’ll be complete rest and just trying to survive until I get a little better. I look forward to catching up on all of your diaries when I’m back. Take care x

Ah hun, I am so sorry to hear that. I really hope to see you back posting soon. Take care of yourself hun.

Hi. I hope you’re all well. Just a little update. My health has been pretty awful but I’m just about well enough to do this and have a little look on here. I’m looking forward to catching up on your diaries although it might take me a while.

My eating has not been a priority and it’s still not so I won’t be doing an eating diary for a while yet. I’m really hoping to get back on track ASAP.

Take care ❤️

Just catching up on your diary Charlotte and sorry to hear your not in good health at the moment. Take care

Hi everyone! My health took a drastic turn for the worst and I’ve had a recent spell in hospital. I’m still not doing too well and my energy level is much lower than it was. I’m spending my days in a bed in the front room now as I can’t even sit on the sofa with my feet up anymore. At least I’m feeling a little better than when I first came home. My meds have changed and I’m no longer on the two that are known for a massive weight gain and I’m on a new one that can cause weight loss and lower appetite as a side effect so that’s a positive change.

I found out my weight just over a month ago when a nurse came round to take my blood and have a health check. I couldn’t believe that I weighed that much more than my original start weight. I was so upset that I ordered a scale straight away and started to cut out snacking, then I was in hospital and didn’t eat for nearly 4 days and since then I’ve not had much appetite. I’m back to my old ways of weighing myself every day but that seems to be keeping me on track and when the scale is higher than it should be I know it’s not fat gain as I’ve not snacked once and I’m eating the same sort of meal every day, half a low sugar protein bar for lunch and about a third of the slimming world frozen curries and a third of a pack of microwave rice as an early dinner. I have the odd cup a soup if I’m peckish in the evening but I’m not normally. I’ve stopped drinking diet fizzy drinks too, just water now. I’m rarely hungry which makes a refreshing change.

I hope everyone is well x

Hi Charlotte - great to see you posting, but I'm sorry you've been so ill and that recovery is still continuing!

Don't worry about weighing every day, I do it too, and just brace myself for weight swings, which happen all the time and pretty randomly. But i do worry that you're not eating enough? I know that's a common reaction when you've had a weigh in that didn't go well, but hun if there is one thing I've learned over the last 12 months, it's that a huge reduction in food does not work.

For me the key is having lots more veg, especially green leafy stuff. I know you're probably not up to doing any cooking at the moment, but why not try chomping through a bag of prepared salad? xx

Hi Susie. Yeah I can’t help but weigh myself every day 🤦🏻‍♀️ Dehydration in the mornings gives me a swing in the wrong direction.

It’s not because of the scale that I’m eating the amount I am. Before I went into hospital I was eating lunch and dinner and they were my old normal massive portions, I just stopped snacking. Since I came home and my medications have changed I’ve not been hungry (a common side effect of my new medication). I can’t cook or order shopping at the moment and meals and drinks are being made for me. If my appetite comes back then I’ll be eating more and eating more often.

I always appreciate any advice and it’s great to be well enough to be back on here x

Oh hun don't mind me if I go into lecture mode LOL, it's well intentioned but doesn't suit everyone :).

Are you on these particular meds for a certain period of time, as in, will you come off them and get your appetite back?

Big hugs, and here's to a speedy recovery!

Thanks Susie. I don’t mind at all! I’m just trying to be open and honest about my circumstances and my food. I know it’s not ideal at the moment but I’m hoping for my health to start improving soon and I can try to get back to cooking a little and ordering shopping, then I think I’ll be eating a bit more and more often. I’ll be on these tablets for the foreseeable future.

I finally had a better nights sleep but it doesn’t change my fatigue☹️ My weight had gone up a couple of lbs over the last 4 days but this morning showed a few lbs lower and it’s my TOTM so I’m happy with that. We finished rewatching The Wire last night which is fantastic. I’ve not been well enough to watch any dramas I’ve not already seen so it’s just rewatching at the moment.

Hope everyone has a good day x

I finally lost the 3lb to get me to 3st lost! Still my TOTM and it gives me bad headaches but my overall health didn’t go down this month so that feels like a win x

Back