I’m back again for the third time

Thanks guys! I weigh myself daily and I couldn’t wait until Friday, which is when I’m going to ‘officially’ weigh in. I’m trying to come on here regularly to give me focus and to help me get out of my old thoughts, feelings and compulsions about food. Even though I’ve not been hungry I’ve only stopped looking at unhealthy food on Instagram the last 3 or 4 days. It seemed to happen naturally, I was looking less at food and more at peoples weight journeys and finding some new people to follow who have a way to go from their target so we are losing at the same time. I’d be on here a lot more if it was busy like it was 10 years ago. Luckily there are still great people on here! X

Thanks jacci x

Thank you! I’m surprised considering how little I can do at the moment.

I don’t really do Facebook 😆 Yeah I found looking at them helped take my mind off food as even though I’ve not had much of an appetite I was still thinking about it and watching yummy videos and looking a menus that come through the door and thinking what I ‘would’ have (which I’ve done since I can remember). That seems to have stopped for now, hopefully it stays that way x

Today’s a tough one. I’m really craving something sweet and I can’t seem to shake it. I think some of it is that I’m really bored of water and I really fancy a Diet Coke. I’m just worried that if I have something that tastes sweet it will set me off and I could binge. I’ve already thought about what’s in the cupboard that I could have if I did and that’s a thought process I thought I had got out of. I’m not even hungry, it’s just in my head which is infuriating me. I’ve not had anything sweet for just over a week. I’ll have a cup a soup in a bit and see if that helps x

What about getting some Options chocolate sachets? I find it helps me after dinner when i want loads of sweet stuff.

I sometimes stir it into a Muller Light and put in chocolate moulds and freeze and it's sort of like mini ice creams :).

That’s a great idea Susie! We’ve got options but I’m quite nervous about having anything sweet, I think it could set my sweet tooth off and I’ll go completely off the rails. I’ve always been an all or nothing kind of dieter as I really struggle with moderation. I’m also an emotional eater and a secret eater which I hate but now when I’m struggling and thinking about food I tell my OH and get it out in the open which is helping and the more I do it the easier it is.

Along with talking honestly about it, the soup really did help and thinking what would happen to the scale in the morning if I did binge and that it would probably go down(it did!😃) if I didn’t. I just realised that I’ve not been drinking as much water as I was last month by quite a bit so I need to forget how bored I am of it and just crack on.

Here’s to a good day for all of us x

So many battles to get through but we are doing it 😃❤️

Charlotte just catching up, sorty you havent been well but glad to know you are out of hospital now. I hope you settle into your meds soon and a propersppetite comes back and you get to eat proper food, for me that usually stops thecravings for bad stuff.

You are very brave Charlotte. Take care and good luck x

Thank you tipp and Doreen❤️

Well yesterday didn’t go well. I had a cup a soup at 4pm and then I had quite a lot of olives at 8pm and that seemed to get me wanting more different tasting things, other than the SW curries and I had a binge in bed 🤦🏻‍♀️ Baked crisps, special k bars, low sugar biscuits and an Atkins bar. What the hell is wrong with me?! I worked out the calories for the day and luckily I’m still in a deficit and I could have had much worse things to eat but this can’t go on. I can’t be eating at bedtime, I can’t be bingeing and I need to leave those snacks alone as that will lead to continuous and much worse binges. The scale has me at only losing a pound so far this week and up 2lb from yesterday. Official weigh in is on Friday and really hope it’s not going to go up any more.

Before, this would of stopped me from coming back on here. I wouldn’t post about it and I would have gone back to secret binges and being disgusted with myself. Not anymore! Accountability is key!

So I’ll be smashing the water and trying to get straight back to it x

Well done for posting hun - as you said on my thread, it's important to be honest with yourself, so see this as a little triumph :).

I bet it was the salt in the olives set you off, I don't have them anymore, they do the same to me. If I'm desperate, I try and grab carrots, or heat up a tin of potatoes (the ready cooked ones).

Last edited:
Thanks lovely, I do see it like that. Plus I can’t only come on here and write the good, that won’t help and I’d just be lying to myself and letting myself down.

Yeah I think it was having the olives on their own and I didn’t have my main meal. Today I had my curry and rice with some olives at the same time and I’m doing ok. I thought I should try and add a few more calories and I had some olives in the cupboard. Once I can do my own online shop again I’ll be able to get a wider variety of stuff. I love those tins of baby potatoes lol.

I’ve done much better with the water today, 4 litres so far and I’ll probably have 1 more litre before bed. Fingers crossed for what happens with the scale in the next 2 days x

Back