I AM BACK ON THE CAMBRIDGE DIET - (Your goals, minus your doubts, equal your reality)

Ok.....I have made the decision to go back on the Cambridge Diet (I am drinking in the last chance saloon). I have had successful weight loss results by following the Cambridge Diet - but I guess I fell off the wagon, because I did not and still have not truly addressed my unhealthy relationship with food.

I have all the traits of a comfort eater; I eat when stressed, anxious or when I am feeling low - I use food to sedate and suppress my emotions and feelings and in the moment, it feels great. Once I have indulged in my guilty pleasures, I am suddenly consumed with guilt and a sense of failure engulfs me.

I am not afraid to admit that I am a shameless comfort eater, and I certainly don't sneak off and hide when I am eating, but I do eat between meals and I regularly gorge on chocolate, biscuits and I love bread, bread and more bread.

Diet Programme: Cambridge Diet (Sole Source)
Height: 5ft 6ins
Current weight: 14st 7lb / (203lb)
Goal Weight: 10st 7lb / (147Ib)

Begining.png

notetoself.jpg

1. If you are going to do this – say it and mean it. I am embarking on a journey and there are going to be some highs and lows. It is important to embrace new challenges and learn and grow from them

2. Take it one day at a time– every day is going to feel like climbing a mountain (in stilettos – lol). Adopt a positive frame of mind – daily affirmation is good for the mind, body and soul

3. The only race I am running is my own – concentrate /focus on my own journey

4. Set realistic goals and timescales – it only makes sense, there is no point in self sabotaging

Any support and encouragement that I receive as I embark on my weight loss journey would be wonderful............Hope you hear from you

Samantha

Last edited:
Cambridge-Dieter said:
Ok.....I have made the decision to go back on the Cambridge Diet (I am drinking in the last chance saloon). I have had successful weight loss results by following the Cambridge Diet - but I guess I fell off the wagon, because I did not and still have not truly addressed my unhealthy relationship with food.

I have all the traits of a comfort eater; I eat when stressed, anxious or when I am feeling low - I use food to sedate and suppress my emotions and feelings and in the moment, it feels great. Once I have indulged in my guilty pleasures, I am suddenly consumed with guilt and a sense of failure engulfs me.

I am not afraid to admit that I am a shameless comfort eater, and I certainly don't sneak off and hide when I am eating, but I do eat between meals and I regularly gorge on chocolate, biscuits and I love bread, bread and more bread.

1. If you are going to do this - say it and mean it. I am embarking on a journey and there are going to be some highs and lows. It is important to embrace new challenges and learn and grow from them

2. Take it one day at a time- every day is going to feel like climbing a mountain (in stilettos - lol). Adopt a positive frame of mind - daily affirmation is good for the mind, body and soul

3. The only race I am running is my own - concentrate /focus on my own journey

4. Set realistic goals and timescales - it only makes sense, there is no point in self sabotaging

Any support and encouragement that I receive as I embark on my weight loss journey would be wonderful............Hope you hear from you

Samantha

Hey welcome back to Cambridge and good luck!! Is today day one? X

great PMA!

lets all do this together - i need to do it through to the end, work up the plans and stabilise my weight! x

Jem

We are both starting out with the same start weight. It would be greatif we could hit our goal weight. I will be posted weekly pictures as means of keeping me focused and motivated. I wish you all the best and please lets support one another

Samantha

jem021286 said:
great PMA!

lets all do this together - i need to do it through to the end, work up the plans and stabilise my weight! x

That's definitely the lesson I learned this time and will be following it through to the end x

Jem

We are both starting out with the same start weight. It would be greatif we could hit our goal weight. I will be posted weekly pictures as means of keeping me focused and motivated. I wish you all the best and please lets support one another

Samantha

Definitely! i'm not taking photos as i find that depresses me i'm more motivated by trying on my clothes :) Different thins work for different people so you should definitely do what works for you!!!

RKMRIDDELL - lets do it together :) x

I love when you start noticing that your clothes are looser and then manage to fit into something you couldn't before :) such an ego boost x

1. If you are going to do this – say it and mean it. I am embarking on a journey and there are going to be some highs and lows. It is important to embrace new challenges and learn and grow from them

2. Take it one day at a time– every day is going to feel like climbing a mountain (in stilettos – lol). Adopt a positive frame of mind – daily affirmation is good for the mind, body and soul

3. The only race I am running is my own – concentrate /focus on my own journey

4. Set realistic goals and timescales – it only makes sense, there is no point in self sabotaging

Samantha

I love this post, great PMA. I was just thinking yesterday that I need to get my thoughts positive, create some affirmations and possibly get doing some EFT, because I'm gonna need it on this restart!

Hello
Same here; lost the weight 2010 and went back to my old ways; now i am back where i started.

really need to go all the way now GOD helping me; struggling now with the taste of the soup even though i used to like them. will stick to shakes.
cheated yesterday and today with a slice of smoked salmon and lots of TABASCO pepper sauce as my mouth felt bland and sick from soup.

Pray i make it this time.

Cheer

ade said:
Hello
Same here; lost the weight 2010 and went back to my old ways; now i am back where i started.

really need to go all the way now GOD helping me; struggling now with the taste of the soup even though i used to like them. will stick to shakes.
cheated yesterday and today with a slice of smoked salmon and lots of TABASCO pepper sauce as my mouth felt bland and sick from soup.

Pray i make it this time.

Cheer

U can do it !!! Have faith in you x

What an amazing first post - I feel like you have described me. Hope its going well for you - would love to hear how you are getting on

Back