I am getting nervous!

Ch3rrie

My first slimming world meeting I am going to is tomorrow at 11. I have no idea what to expect, what the people are like. I don't know what I weigh anymore so I'm probably going to be shocked at that too.
I have never been to a meeting and avoid things like this.
Please wish me luck and kick my butt to get myself there tomorrow!

Am sure you'll be fine. Everyone is in the same boat at needing help with weightloss and I'm sure you'll be made to feel very welcome

Hope it goes well

My first slimming world meeting I am going to is tomorrow at 11. I have no idea what to expect, what the people are like. I don't know what I weigh anymore so I'm probably going to be shocked at that too.
I have never been to a meeting and avoid things like this.
Please wish me luck and kick my butt to get myself there tomorrow!

Lol first things first, you're group will probably be lovey and friendly.
Doesnt matter what you Weigh, as its the last time you will see that number anyway!
Iwas the same when I joined, I'd never been to a weight loss group before, didn't know what to expect but it was fine. Wish I'd stopped avoiding it earlier!

Dont know how much you weigh or anything but I'm still here a year on and have lost 5st 4lbs with slimming world, I love it and don't plan on stopping soon. That's a year into it! Don't be scared x

bless you xx

it will fine and you will be fabulous.

xxx

I went to my first meeting last night and was nervous like you! In the end, everyone was lovely and i didn't feel like the odd one out at all. In a few weeks you'll be part of the furniture. :) good luck and hope you enjoy it.

Ch3rrie well done for making that decision, you will be fine, it is difficult to walk in when you're alone BUT REMEMBER, everyone in that room has been a first timer too. Look for the tea/coffee station and make yourself a brew then sit yourself at the new members table.

Have you called the consultant to let her/him know you're going and are a bit nervous? They'll look out for you then. But its not necessary to call first.

Enjoy group, try to sit next to someone rather than sitting on your own, hopefully they'll speak to you.

Good luck and welcome to the SW family xx

Thanks everyone :)
No, I haven't called the consultant, I am just going to turn up.
I guess I have 8 or 9 stone to loose!

you won't be the first with 8 or 9 stone to lose, we have 2 people in our group who have lost 6.5 stone, one has more to go and 1 is almost at target, look around at the people in group and remember they probably didn't always look like they do, have a quick look at the inspirational photos to give you a boost before you go

one of the most moving stories I ever read in the Slimming World mag was about a lady who was so worried about walking in to group because she didn't think anyone would be as big as her and she sat in the car outside crying until the consultant came out to encourage her in. She went on to lose amazing amounts of weight which really changed her life.

SW will do the same for you xx

Thanks Kerry, I'll look at the inspirational part of here. That is a really lovely story, what a fantastic consultant.

I always had this little Britain image of class!!!(Which was so wrong !!) I had never been to any class before and went myself so was terrified ! the As SW gang were friendly and had either been in the same boat or been there !
I now go to group as a target because I enjoy exchanging recipes ,ideas and helping others but also new ppl help me
Just remember if it's 10lbs or 10st you have to loose all are on the same journey!

Pressed send to quickly
Ment to say
A BIG GOOD LUCK LUCK
AND USE THIS FORUM!

Thanks everyone :)
No, I haven't called the consultant, I am just going to turn up.
I guess I have 8 or 9 stone to loose!

It can really help to speak before hand. I remember walking in. I felt like a lost little child (I am normally full to the brim with bluff and bluster). Soon as I made eye contact with my consultant she came over and welcomed me, i then felt a lot better. It feels strange. There are people in a queue (queue for what?), people sitting behind a desk selling cereal bars and magazines... Everyone seems to know everyone, and know what to do.

No one is there pointing and smirking at the fattie. We are pretty much all fat (or have been), and we are all here for the same reason. Looking back it felt a bit depressing in the sense that it wasnt unusual for me to be the fattest person in the room, but here i was in a fat club, and i was still the fattest person in the room.

I found the actual weigh in quite a release. I had absolutely no idea what i weighed. The figure was big, really big. But i looked at it and said to myself, "never again" I told myself that this was the very last time i would see that number.

The rest is history. A year on, i hope tomorrow to hit my nine stone award.

I know exactly how you're feeling, it took me over 8 months to actually pluck up the courage to walk through those doors, and now I couldn't imagine not going. I remember the leaflet coming through the door and I kept it for 8 months. I remember at the beginning of the 6 weeks holiday deciding I really had to go, but it still took another 6 weeks for me to get my butt into gear. Then I remember walking to the doors, and feeling so sick because i wouldn't know anyone, would people look at me and stare but I managed it I walked through those doors. Once inside I found a bunch of like minded men and women who were all there for the same reason I was, to lose weight. Everyone was friendly and no one judged me. Now I couldn't imagine my life without SW, I've met some good friends and group is such a laugh, it's one of the best things I've ever done:). And in all honesty it was no where as bad as I actually thought it would be.

good luck:)

Thank you everyone for replying, I'm nervous again but reading all your replies has made me feel so much more confident in myself about going.
I KNOW I can do this thanks to you all :)

let us know how you get on and use this forum too, ask if your group has a facebook page, its great for mid week support xx

I have never been to a SW meeting, I do it online, but I remember feeling the same about going to a WW meeting. I felt like I was so huge, and everyone else seemed to be slim or only have a little bit to lose. I sat next to a woman who was tiny. I was thinking what is she doing here, she is gorgeous. She started chatting to me, turns out that she had lost 8 stone. SO even if you feel big compared to everyone else, just remember that they are further along in their journey than you, and were once in exactly the same position.

Best of luck with it hun, its all down from here! :p

I went!!!!! :) :) :)
It was lovely, the people are lovely, the consultant is too.
I have put on so much weight but I'm doing the right thing now!
I feel confident and happy in this. I am taking control now and will not allow myself to stop.
I have my pack and ready to read through tonight and get my meals planned :)

aw brilliant Ch3rrie! you sound so positive, well done I'm very proud of you and you should be very proud of yourself

don't forget we're all here with help advice and support when you need it xx

Absolutely delighted for you! This is the first day of a new you! Hope to see alot more (or less as the pounds start dropping!) of you!

Back