I am starting Induction...need advice on carbs!!

hippylove

I am hopefully starting the Induction phase of Atkins tomorrow and I am wondering do I have to use 20 grms of carbs or 15 grms of carbs a day..:help2:

well i did 20g ......... and did alright ............. good luck x

Thanks...strange though I am looking forward to starting tomorrow..

it s is strange when we are ready to start ............. it feels right ............just wish we could bottle it !!! anyway hope the fridge is groaning and roll on tomorrow xx

Just thought I would add a little note that may be of some help as I am watching carbs as well being diabetic. I have a little book called The Collins gem Carb Counter. It is pocket sized, costs literally only a few pence, can be bought on line and gives a comprehensive breakdown of scores of foods into carbs, fibre, calories, protein and fats and also gives sample menus for Atkins and lots of other regimes.

I've heard the collins counter has a few dodgy measures in it though - although that might be an old version. Sticking to meat, dairy and leafy greens for the most part will see you through.

Induction should officially be 20g a day, 15g of which should come from veg.

Yes it's 20 carbs a day, and remember the majority of them should be coming from green leafy veggies :) welcome!

Thanks for the great advice everyone...:)

Back