I can't get used to this 'normal' clothes size malarky!

summergurl

♥3 Years Maintaining♥
Anyone else not able to get yer head around it all? it's probably cuz i have been so big so years i just can't get over the fact im now a 'normal' size.

Ordered this dress from kays the other day in a 14 ....

http://www.kays.com/rf/kay/p.do?D=592298140&SNtk=littlewoods_search&thisprod=592298140&Ntk=group_search&SNtt=IF879&Nu=this_product&N=0&Ntt=592298140&Dx=mode+matchall&Np=1&product=592298140&Nty=1&Ntx=mode%20matchallpartial&SNu=pca_id

sat here in it now and am :( i have to send it back as i have room to move and in 6 weeks for my holiday it will be too big!!

I feel a little :( cuz i just cant get used to this 'normal' clothes size stuff. i have no idea what size i am and it's been years since i have been in a dress! let alone a size 14! but i guess .. bring on the size 12!!!!!!!!!!!! :D sorry to be bragging about it again but no one is home to tell! lol :giggle:

i have that exact same dress! :p

its a good thing that your sending it back ...what would you rather a 14 or a 12???

Im a 14 and there aint nothing wrong with that but if you have got to a size 12 thats an AMAZING achievement.

well done you and bragg all you want!

I still can't get my head around looking in the mirror and seeing me but in a much slimmer version. It's really weird. I even went in to the changiong rooms at Next the other day as they have the mirrors set up so that you can see your front and a rear view. In the past, standing there in just my bra and pants and looking in both mirrors was stomach turningly disgusting, however now it's just someone elses bum staring back at me. Don't think I'll ever get used to this. I also keep taking size 18 in to the changing room with me, even though I know they're going to be too big! :eek:

haha cool! we have great taste! ;) lol

yeah i am pleased i am sending it back just i really cant get my head around being in 'normal' size clothes! im delighted with a 14 fitting, a 14 is great seeing as i started around the 20's/22's.

i wanted to get to a 14 bottom and 12 top for my holiday, looks like im guna make it! lol

I still can't get my head around looking in the mirror and seeing me but in a much slimmer version. It's really weird. I even went in to the changiong rooms at Next the other day as they have the mirrors set up so that you can see your front and a rear view. In the past, standing there in just my bra and pants and looking in both mirrors was stomach turningly disgusting, however now it's just someone elses bum staring back at me. Don't think I'll ever get used to this. I also keep taking size 18 in to the changing room with me, even though I know they're going to be too big! :eek:

Awww i used to hate changing rooms too, thats probably one of the reasons i hate shopping - cuz i had to try it on and look at myself but now look at us lou! i think it will take a long time for our brains to catch up with our body and actually recognise that we are smaller than we were!

Good for you Tanya.

I started about the same size as you, 20/22 and am now in a comfy 14. My jeans from DP are a 14 and starting to get loose! Can't believe it but like it a lot.

I can't believe it's my reflection looking back at me most of the time too, so long I was so big and now this slimmer person is looking back at me. This is what I've wanted to be for such a long time and am thrilled to be the size I am already. I still give people so much room when walking past them cos I think I take up a lot more room than I actually do. Like you said, our brains really do need to catch up with the rest of us.

I think for my hols I will be mainly in 14s but maybe a few 12s slipping in there too.

Woohoo us!!!

Shopping..what's that?

I too hate clothes shopping..and THOSE mirrors eeeek!! I still have a way to go before I am going to hit the shops again, but I have put that down as one of my goals when I lose 2 stone.
My hubby has always wanted me to wear a dress, but naaa. Its the 'ol XXXL trackies etc.
Time for a change..innit?? :copon:

I think you will be in a few 12s too bev :) hehe xx

Here's hoping.

Like Candlewix, my hubby can't wait to see me in dresses again. I have a lovely one for tomorrow night cos we're off to a wedding evening do. I also have about 4 for holiday too. Me in a dress, don't think I've worn one since we got married 7 years ago!!

The shocking thing is, I actually think I look quite nice in the dresses too!! Never thought I would think that!

I love clothes shopping now, got a few dresses which i would have not gone for before.
Also buying bras, never been able to buy fancy ones before, I am always looking.
Have to stop buying at moment and wait till had boob reduction.
I like now going into little boutiques noing I could fit into clothes, I don`t buy to expensive.
Becks

Here's hoping.

Like Candlewix, my hubby can't wait to see me in dresses again. I have a lovely one for tomorrow night cos we're off to a wedding evening do. I also have about 4 for holiday too. Me in a dress, don't think I've worn one since we got married 7 years ago!!

The shocking thing is, I actually think I look quite nice in the dresses too!! Never thought I would think that!

Oooh bev get some pics up of you in yer dress for all of us to see - for some extra inspiration :D

Fabulous news Summergurl. I was totally bombed last night as I bought 2 size 14 full length dresses, one in Primark and one in Wallis in Romford ....Too late to try either on.....WELL The Wallis one MUST be a size 12!!! And the Primark one JUST fits my friend who is a size 10 !!!!!!! GRRRRRRRRRRR!!!

My size 18 jeans are starting to get a little loose on me but I don't think I'll be in "normal" size clothes for a fair few weeks yet. I'm hoping it's soon as I've got a dress I'm itching to get into. Well done you though Summer! That's fab you're sending the 14 back and getting a smaller size. :D:D:D

Hi Summer it's good on one hand that they are too big but a pain sending things back - do they charge you postage coz some catalogues do now!! Anyway you'll soon be in the 12's x thanks for recipe btw - I'll try it out very soon x :):)

My size 18 jeans are starting to get a little loose on me but I don't think I'll be in "normal" size clothes for a fair few weeks yet. I'm hoping it's soon as I've got a dress I'm itching to get into. Well done you though Summer! That's fab you're sending the 14 back and getting a smaller size. :D:D:D

i am indeed!

Hi Summer it's good on one hand that they are too big but a pain sending things back - do they charge you postage coz some catalogues do now!! Anyway you'll soon be in the 12's x thanks for recipe btw - I'll try it out very soon x :):)

No they dont charge postage but i have noticed kays are a little more price wise that say marshall ward which does the same stuff but kays dont charge postage back or interest untill after the 20 weeks or whatever unlike others!

but hey ho ... size 12 dress for please - tyvm! :giggle:

Back