Total Solution Stephs journey to get a dress from a normal shop off the shelf!!!!

Stephdebs

Well, here goes have sort of done it before last month but no support from hubby and kept having teas so decided this week I am going to do it properly and he will have to lump it!

Anyway, I'm Steph, I have never been a skinny minny but after loosing my little boy Jacob 5 years ago the weight just piled on as I found comfort in food, even convinced myself I couldn't eat normal healthy food and veg made me retch when I tried to eat them. Then came the shock, had a routine blood test and my glucose is high and folate is low so know its all connected to my diet and if I keep going then I will probably end up with diabetes. Also suffer from depression which apparently can be linked to low folate - new data out now.

So all in all I pretend to be happy on the outside but inside I'm so not, need to loose the weight and start to take control of my eating.

I am a size 22/24 now and weigh 18 stone so want to get down to a 14/16 and about 11 stone and I will be so thrilled. On holiday this year in Spain with my parents my dad bet me that if I could lose the weight he would take me out for a special meal to Spain, he also bought me a designer size 16 dress whilst we were there so I have this as one of my aims.

Anyway, headache and feeling so hungry today but am sure that as before it will go quickly.

Any help, support and suggestions would be great.

Am doing the total solution one.

Cheers.
Steph

Welcome on board hun!!! We r all here to help each other.All you need is ur head in the right place for this dieting.If ur really determine to do this then nobody can stop u.GOOD LUCK.

Hm, well not a good night, ended up eating tea. No real support from hubby as he keeps saying just to change my food habits. Not so easy as that otherwise I would be a skinny minny all the time.

Decided to try again today, am sure its probably the first days that are the worst and once I'm past that I will be OK. Eaten my porridge for my breakie, drinking lots of water now and planning what to have for lunch - shake or bar?

Well here goes again. Try harder - hehe same as what I was told at school!!!

Hey steph

We.ve started at the same time and are about the same weight - we can do this - my school reports were pretty much the same - try harder!!

I got through day 1 so day 2 for me today - but I need to wee every 30 minutes which is slightly annoying and the more I read of these diaries the more i see the potential to crack this but also the need to keep motivation and determination really up there!

as yet i havent found a coping mechanism other than taking it 1 hour at a time

Good luck for today

vee x

hey Steph,

you can do this! we can do this.. dont let his words get in the way. If you have made the choice, stick to it now and prove him otherwise! :p i think the reason we all do this "nutritional correction" as i like to call it , is because we all have to evaluate our emotional triggers and while food is not an issue, fill those triggers with something else, like a walk or something. then once we have retrained ourselves we can reintroduce food in a healthy way...

well thats how im looking at it now while preparing to start next week..

you got this :) x

Hi Steph,

I've been doing Total for one week and just tried a dress on this morning that hasn't fitted me for over a year and was looser than it was last time I wore it.

The first three days are tough, but get through that you'll find it gets a whole lot easier and you'll see instant results that will give you the boost you need to continue.

My OH wasn't supportive at first, but I told him i'd made my decision, the reasons why and to not get in my way.. lol.. and he hasn't for the most part.. well he did a couple of times and got a bit more than he bargained for.. (first couple of days whilst getting used to it, I had quite a short fuse.. lol) but it made him 'get the message' and we just got out of each others way.. anyway.. a week in, he's being super supportive (and my tempers improved!) as he can see how happy I am with my progress and see it for himself.. think he's proud of me now.. don't be put off by his or other peoples comments or lack of understanding about why you need to do this, how it works or the benefits! You know yourself and your body better than anyone.. for some people a solution like this is the only way to break bad habits in a healthy, controlled way.

Good luck!
:)

Hi Tronic fab news about the dress after just 7 days and well done on the supportive hubby.

I just told my other half I am on a diet so I don't eat rubbish in the evenings with him watching tv. He makes his own tea and always has done (I am not a good cook!) and I get the kids earlier in the day so it works out great no-one in my house even notices its gas!!!!!

They do notice that the shelve in the treat cupboard has stayed stocked up instead of being empty after a day with me around!

I am on day 5 today and finding it easier now then day 1-3, so hopefully it will be all worth it for day 7 WI.

hey steph!

how are you getting on lovely? x

Back