I don't know if I can keep going

Molly4444

Hi, it's been good to read every ones storys, but I am finding it very hard to keep going.

I'm on my 7th day of SS and got my first WI Monday afternoon.

I've been reading about people who have been on this for weeks, I don't know how you do it, I just keep thinking about food and how I want to eat some thing, I'm also finding it hard to keep drinking soooooo much water, I don't know if I'm doing it wrong because I don't feel full up. (I'm on 3 a day)

I've been trying to do my Wii fit every other day to keep me busy but now I'm getting feed up with that as well.

Sorry to be down, but just don't know how much longer I can do this for....:wave_cry:

Hi Molly, This is my 7th day too and i also get weighed tomorrow. It is really hard, but i've realised that when i want some food its not because i'm hungry, its more of an emotional thing and i associate eating with relaxing. Maybe you should try ss+ next week, i'm thinking of doing that myself, my CDC said you can switch between ss and ss+.
I would discuss it with her tomorrow and see what she advises you, and hopefully your weightloss will give you some motivation xxx

Hello

It is really hard. The 1st night i was crying with hunger and being emotional.

It is really a emotional hunger and mine is down to habit eating (evenings and sitting watching tv) rather than real hunger.

I think to do ss you have to be 100% commited in your head. I know i couldnt of got this week (my first week) 6 months or a year ago but am 100% in the right place and focussed now.

As Jess said i would talk to your cdc and see if ss+ would work better for you for a while. Then later on try the ss again if your struggling really bad but i can say it does get better. I am on day 6 now and it gets better each day (less hungry, food seems to taste better, weighed comes off keeps you more motivated, feel healthier in yourself) etc etc.

Good luck.

Hi all

i'm getting weighed tomorrow it'll be my fifth.... it is really hard for some of us on cd and easier for others.

you can do ss+ or you could try splitting your packs so you have 6 a day, if your not feeling full...i find i split my packs anyway, other wise they seem to give me a headache..

I feel hungry some days but not on others, and i've found its all in the head for me, because if i 'cheat' it doesn't make me feel any better, in fact worse... they do say you can have an extra pack, so four if you are hungry or do a heavy job or just need some more energy...

hope you get through this as i am sure your weigh in tommorrow will delight you

good luck

Hi Molly,
Jess is right, I think- hold on until tomorrow, as your weigh in might really renew your motivation and make you feel it is all worthwhile.
I was feeling really hungry until a few days ago, and when I asked around, some people said it took them a week or so for the hunger to wear off. Maybe it will get easier?
Also, maybe you can remind yourself of why you wanted to do it in the first place- yesterday I had a clear-out of my wardrobe and dug out a dress that I have never worn, as I have gto steadily bigger since I bought it. It is gorgeous and I am determined to wear it to a wedding in the summer.

Having said all this, if you decide it just isn't for you, try not to feel guilty or beat yourself up: it's at the toughest end of diets and isn't for everyone.

Hold off deciding until after your weigh-in- that's what I would do.

ps- maybe you are overdoing the Wiifit? My CDC advised me to wait a few weeks before exercising properly. You are not on a lot of calories at all, so if you are burning loads of them up on the Wiifit, maybe that isn't helping?

Hi, every one, Thanks alot I will see what happends when I do my WI and I will have a chat with my CDC.
I'll stop doing the Wii fit for a week or so as well, guess I'm just trying to hard for the first week.
I do want to keep going just finding it hard.
Also like Letty said I will just have to keep thinking of why I'm doing this in the first place. x
Thanks again..

Course you can keep going :) Remember, this is a forum full of people who never thought they could do it, and we are all living proof that we can do it. I'm only on Day 7, but I didn't think I'd get this far! Trust me hun, if we can all do it so can you :D

Just remember why you're doing this and what you want to get out of it. The CD is one of those lucky things that can actually make dreams come true
xx

Good luck!!!

xx Jess xx

well said Jess xxxxx

Hi Molly

Just been reading your post and your start weight was exactly the same as mine. Im a few weeks in now and lost nearly 3 stone.

Sounds like you really want to do it, and I felt exactly like you. I don't know if you have had a look on Mike Scotts newsletters to see if these articles will help get you focussed on what you want to achieve. It really helped me.

Its www.nowillpowerrequired.co.uk. He lost loads on Cambridge and has written some really inspirational articles which might help you.

Let us know how you get on
Take care

Sharon xx

I am finishing up my second week on CD (my next weigh-in will be Wednesday morning) and I have to agree that it is very difficult. The only thing I can say is to just take things one day at a time, and if you fall off the wagon, get back on just as soon as you can.

Hang in there!

Back