1. MiniMins members lost 144 Stone in January! Why not join in the conversation today?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi Guest, let me just say that you are awesome for signing up to MiniMins. Your account is now validated. Your first few posts will be moderated. This is mainly to prevent spam showing on our forum. Dont worry we will get to your post most likely within 30 minutes between 8am and 11pm. Thanks again!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

I don't understand :-(

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by puzzles, 10 February 2013 Social URL.

1. puzzles

puzzles Well-Known Member

I am really upset about this.

I did Cambridge oh, about ten years ago now, lost 5 stone. I've yo-yo'd but have never gone near the 14 and a half stone I once was. However, I struggle big time with maintenance (I am a binge eater.) Most years :eek: I've ended up doing a few weeks on Cambridge to keep the weight off.

Last year I noticed that there was either something new in the Cambridge products or they took something out, I don't know, but they tasted horrible to me, I could barely force them down my neck. On the reccommendation of a friend I tried Exante. Stuck religiously to it for 2 weeks - lost 2lbs.

I wasn't very good at being self-motivated so decided to try Lighter Life. I started on Feb 1 so I am now on day 10.

I weighed in at 12'12 :)o) and I was weighed on Feb 4 for a motivator and had one - I had lost 5lbs. Great. Then on Feb 7th it was the group meeting, I'd lost a pound.

I'm flagging tonight and weighed myself - I've GAINED a pound.

How is that even possible on a week of less than 600 calories? I can't afford to stick on it indefinitely and nor do I want to. I really don't know what I should do. Have I ruined my metabolism?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. X~Libby~X

X~Libby~X Well-Known Member

How is your water intake? You may find that upping it helps as your body may think there's a water shortage and be retaining it. Something to try. I know personally on weeks that I am pants with water I have measly little losses and the weeks I push myself to drink more, I get really nice losses. Have a chat with your counsellor .

Hope you figure it out

X

4. puzzles

puzzles Well-Known Member

Yep drinking loads of water. Counsellor just says if I stick at it I'll lose weight which isn't hugely reassuring as I'm obviously not!!

5. Minerva

Minerva ...passing through.

I have on my Week 5 - gained 1 lb then lost it. Water retention (my body's awful for holding on to it - it's genetic) and non-expulsion of number 2's makes a difference. I was very constipated that week!

As crude as that is - sometimes that's all it comes down to. Simple biology.