I Don't Wanna Feel 22 Unlike Taylor Swift. Help please!!

AlexiaRose

♥ Beloved Lunatic ♫
Okay, so I'm new here and am ready to lose weight. The title, you ask? I'm a pants size of 22. Yea. ;-;

Anyway, I dunno what kinda diet I wanna do or what kind of work out I wanna do. I need help deciding what would help me best.

I never exercise or leave my house except to go to school (mostly because I'm afraid to after witnessing a shooting at my bus stop before Spring Break last year). I eat anything I feel like whenever I feel like. It gets worse when I'm depressed (I suffer from Depression; part of the reason being because of my weight) because I either eat everything or nothing.

Why I wanna lose the weight? I wanna look good (in my opinion), feel good, be happy, and be healthy, so when I have kids, I'll influence them to not being the sugar-inhaling couch potato I've been for most of my life. I also wanna feel poud cosplaying my favorite characters at conventions (mainly the Witch from Left 4 dead). I already feel happy cosplaying her, but I get paranoid that people only take pictures of my cosplay to laugh at me later.

Last edited:
You need to solve you problems fast or you will never achieve your ideal weight. If the reasons are your environment, people in your life, jobs, or other external factors you need to track the source and solve the problem; but sometimes without you realized, the problem may lie within your diet itself:

A healthy portion of exercise will reduces stress, anxiety, and depression. It will also boost self esteem and improve sleep, so make sure your diet is including exercise in its program. It does not have to be any advanced exercise; mild exercise such jogging or biking is sufficient, just make sure you do it in regular basis.

"Every day is a new chance"
:)

I agree with the above, you need to take steps in solving your other problems before you think about weight. Once the others are being tackled it will give you th strength and confidence to tackle weight issues. You are the most important person in all of this and i'm glad you are thinking of yourself. I understand that some problems are hard to get over and taking that first step it always hard. Working with stress etc will effect your weight and possible losses so going into a healthy eating plan clear is always a bonus. I hope this helps, good luck x x

Some of my problems are because of my weight. If I start losing weight, I feel like it will actually help me with a lot of my problems.

Perhaps sitting down and making a plan will help? Setting small personal goals, weight or other things. Just tiny stuff, starting small that you can build on?

I've been doing that with my weight as seen below in my signature.

I have other goals I've talked to my therapist about though. Like graduating. I can't remember the rest...

You say you don't know what diet you want to follow. Start nice and easy .... Moderate carbs, no snacking , three decent meals a day consisting of whole foods and not junk and keep an eye on calories ... What weight are you? How much would you like to lose?

Back