i dont want to be a twig i just dont want to look like the michelin man

cat yoyo greaves

Gold Member
ok so here i am im 25 (almost 26):eek:i have a lovely hubby and a beautiful 2 yr old son.

since i went to high school iv'e always been overweight as the cheaper options of the school meals were always the fatty crap filled ones and it left me some pennies for sweets on the way home.

i admit i made some bad choices as a teenager
i got bullied for my weight and that just fueled my eating more as i comfort ate. i spent lunchtimes helping staff to avoid the taunting.

when i left school i got an apprenticeship (with all the lads) i loved it a hands on job where there were very few girls to ***** the lads took me as i was (most of them anyway)
the only problem was that the training centre had a subsidised cantine and at £1 for a full brekkie IT WAS DANGEROUS!!

i ate full breakfasts most days because the lads were and it was damn tasty and cheap i would have pie and chips at lunch and a home cooked meal in an eve with my parents.

i played golf at weekends but that was always followed by a bacon butty or two (that was my only excercise.

ok so i looked at my fatty pic on my works pass when i started working on site in my final 2 yrs apprenticeship

I WAS DISGUSTED

i still have the pass now and it will always be my incentive

at the age of 18 i weighed over 16 stones size 20-22:cry:i needed to do something:eek:

so i joined weight watchers i got down to 12.5 stone and a size 12 i proceeded to bounce between 12.5 and 14 stone for the next few years as i got fed up of weighing and counting i went down to 12 st to get pregnant and then i ballooned .

i continued with ww but it is not an easy plan to follow when you have a family and over the past few yrs ive fallen off the wagon ALOT

I EVEN DID ATKINS (WHICH WAS AWFUL)

so here i am doing SLIMMING WORLD

ITS NOT A DIET ITS A LIFESTYLE

I want to be a fit healthy mummy and do fun things with my son and i want to look good to feel good in myself and for my hubby.:)

ive been doing sw alone using a newspaper sw diet plan and using the mag im doing ee as its easier when you have a family and im happy with my progress i lost 6lb week one and 0.5 this week (even though i had a buffet lunch on sat ) at a kids party so im just happy i didnt gain.

so tonight im going to a sw group im actually excited as so far on my own ive gone from 14 st 5 to 13st 12 3/4

wish me luck;)

my lunch was sooooooooo tasty

gammon syn free chips and an ass load of salad it was soooooo tasty im gonna have whats left for tea

well my first sw meeting was good and it seems that even though ive been going it alone for 2 weeks ive been doing it right wich im proud of its nice that i can make yummy family meals without a set of scales in sight (well unless i want cheese)but thats nothing compared to the ridiculous amounts of weighing and measuring i used to do.

i love having the freedom that sw gives me to cook for my family without the need for seperate meals as i dont want my son having too few calories as he is only 2 and needs them and my fussy eater hubby who seems to be improving since i adopted my (thats all im making so eat it or make your own approach)

Good luck. You sound like you're enjoying the plan which is awesome. Look forward to reading how you get on :) x

Hi hun, just popped in for a nose as I loved the name of your diary!! So glad too hear it is going well so far!! I have to agree with your attitude re your hubby having to eat whatever you make - I have done the same with my OH because I was really struggling to cook 2 seperate meals - and more often then not ended up with salad every night for myself as I couldn't be bothered with the hassle - Now the OH has SW meals every night (though he is one of those aggrevating people who eats everything in site and still stays at a 32" waist grrr) and he is always telling our friends and family that he can't taste it's "diet food"

Best of luck with SW - I look forward too reading about your losses :) K x

well so far so good ish today ive had a bacon and egg wholemeal bap for brekkie using hex b and a couple of tangerines

at 11 am i felt the need for a choc fix so i had 2 hi fi lite bars (6 syns) but im happy as it sorted my need for choc

and sausage meatball cheesy pasta for lunch which was awsome and worked out at 1/2 a syn and 1/2 hex a .... so heres how i did it

4x sainsburys be good cumberland 1/2 syn sausages (half a pack) remove the skins cut each into 4 and roll into balls
1/2 a butternut squash (diced small)
1 onion finely chopped
mixed herbs (whichever you fancy)
pasta 4-5 handfulls (enough for 3- 4 people )
7 laughing cow light triangles
a splash of milk

fry onions and squash to lightly colour add a splash of water and a lid and fry on a low heat for about 10 min or until squash is soft add some mixed herbs (just a sprinkling)

cook pasta

push onion squash mix to one side of pan and squash sausage balls a little so they are a bit like burgers sear on both sides then mix through with veg and replace lid to cook a bit longer add the cheese triangles and a little milk and stir until the cheese forms a creamy sauce

mix in the drained pasta and serve

(i had mine with half a plate of salad) it was yummy

sorry my instructions are a bit vague but i cook with my heart and just go with the flow (seems to work for me )

Last edited:
has just descovered i have to syn mustard

i put wholegrain mustard in my what i thought was syn free mash :-(
and in my casseroles

how am i gonna cope now

so im making homemade breaded fish and chips and mushy peas for lunch and didnt want to syn my breadcrumbs so ive been super good and had a chopped banana with coconut and choc muller and 2 tangerines for brekkie instead of using my hex b at brekkie like i always seem to do

Last edited:
Hi Catherine

I'm the same age as you and I am loving the SW plan, I'm in my fifth week now, but unfortunately I couldn't get weighed last night as I have injured my foot. You will find so many brilliant recipes and tips on here which mean you never have to be stuck for what to cook. My hubby is eating the same evening meals as me and watching what he's eating through the day and has managed to lose just under a stone.

As for the mash potato, I quite often put in laughing cow triangles which makes it taste creamy and usually part of our HEXa's - I'm not sure how many syns mustard has got but if you really like it, its probably worth just having it and synning it.

Good luck

xxxxx

today has been a good day
muller banana and tangerines for brekkie
homemade fish fingers (breadcrumbs 1/2 hex b) chips and salad for lunch with (tartare sauce 3 syns and a slice of bread 1/2 hexb and marg 1 syn)
a bag of quavers(4 1/2 syns)
and chicken salad and spicy rice for tea (with cheese hex a)

8 1/2 syns in total:D

had a few little walks

and an hours HIGH IMPACT fantastically fun ZUMBA i just love shaking my wobbly bits hopefully i will have less to wobble at my next weigh in:)

only mad about 1 thing i ended up leaving some of my salad at lunch:eek: and devoured the best bits first :pthose fish fingers were awsome tho mmmmmmmmmmm:cool:

SHOCK HORROR

i discovered this morning when meeting a friend for breakfast that my local tea rooms (that apparently has healthy options according to their healthy sandwich salads and wraps board)
DONT DO FRUIT SALADS or even a PIECE OF FRUIT so i was sat there for ages wondering what i was going to have

i would have to syn bread as i had a few hi fi light bars first thing to keep me going until the cafe as i was awake at 4 with my 2 yr old.

in the end i had a bottle of water (as i dont drink brews) and 2 poached eggs and beans as it was the only thing not full of fat or bread based. i would have preferred some fruit but at least it was free on extra easy.but i couldnt have my 1/3 free food as they had none:( well not any they would let me have anyway

it just annoyed me as i know they have diff fruits as they put strawberries grapes orange and kiwi on the side salads i wouldnt have minded paying a bit more to have had that but the waitress was really rude and just said in a really snotty voice we dont do fruit salads and looked me up and down:mad: if i hadnt have been meeting my friend i would have gone elsewhere .... i was almost tempted to nip and get fruit from the grocers next door and just have a drink:eek:

has anyone else struggled to get a healthy option

ive just had a SNACK ATTACK but it was ok

i still had my hex a so ive had a HUGE chunk 45g of reduced fat cheddar NOM NOM NOM:) and a bag of quavers at 4 1/2 syns

ive had a total of 6.5 syns today so im a very happy me and i havent felt at all deprived well except when my hubby and son were eating super creamy mackies ice cream but i had a frozen muller which helped alot.

i wonder if i could have a teeny bit of choc sauce for a syn or two gonna look it up on sw site now :D

im off up to the highlands of scotland tomorrow to visit my parents and theyre having our son so we can have a few nights just us for valentines :candledinner: I CANT WAIT

im taking my running gear so i can keep on track on hol and packing the frylite

my mum doesnt mind that i tend to do most of the cooking too when i visit as im almost always dieting. (my dad lost 1/2 a stone in a week last time i visited:eek::eek::eek:he was mega impressed as my food was super tasty as always:p

gone waaaaaaaay off track this last week

well its been an extremely bad week ive been on hol visiting my parents and ive been really really bad :break_diet:

my mums a feeder

i took over the kitchen on a number of days and even took my frylite but we ate out more times than i can count on one hand :( i tried to make healthier choices but have had a few puds too i know ive put on i recon at least 4lb:eek:

im just gonna start again tomorrow and have no syns at all all week as im out for my birthday on sat night and will be having my fave meal at chinese and wont compromise with something that yes will be healthier but i wont enjoy it :(

so im dreading tomorrows weigh in + im irritable blotad and retaining water as i do every month:mad:

wish me luck at weigh in tomorrow..... i need it

You sound like a girl after my own heart. Good luck with everything.

ONLY PUT ON 2 LB (i ate out 7 times)

woooooo hoooooo

only 2 lb on this week and ive been BAAAAAAD

i was visiting my parents who i only see a few times a yr as they live 400 miles away and they take us all out and spoil us while were visiting

this is what we had eating out:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

italian (half a pizza salad and mini pud)
prawn baguette and salad
full brekkie (at hotel on valentines break)
posh nosh valentines 3 course lunch plus bread mmmmmmmm
turkish restaurant valentines tea
burger and chips
onion rings, nachos, quesadilla and a HUGE icecream sundae

but when we werent eating out i did all the cooking and even took my frylite :) and made super healthy meals

oh and i had cake as my mum and my son did baking and made me an early birthday cake;)

i have tried to compensate for my eating out by having half superfree instead of 1/3 and with only a 2lb gain i think it helped

so thats me a very very bad me:p

so ive drawn a line in the sand jumped over it and moved on to a new more healthy week :)

well ive had a really good day today 2 hi fil light bars (well aldis version) 1 banana some grapes and a yog for brekkie

chicken and potato salad for lunch
followed by more fruit

a hunk of cheese for my hex a as a snack (just cos i could):p

and tandoori duck skewers with rice and tomato onion and cucumber salad.

followed by some natural yog with vanilla bean paste (1/2 syn per tsp) and some sweetner.:)

oh forgot to say i think my tandoori duck was a weee bit spicy as my 2 yr old had to drink ALOT oops but he enjoyed all the rest and polished off my dohnut as well as his too

i was gonna have a choc doughnut as we got a bag cheap at the co op but i went on sw site to syn one up before i ate it and it was 10.5 syns:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::(

so thats why i had yog soooo not worth 10.5 syns id rather have 2 glasses of wine;)

MY BIRTHDAY MEAL OUT

well i had a fab birthday and after using very few syns ALL week i had a bit of a blow out

i was good in the morning and had a big bunch of grapes for brekkie on the train to leeds shopping.

then i had yo sushi for lunch NOT A CLUE HOW TO SYN THAT LOT UP but sushi is pretty healthy (mostly) and it was my birthday so who cares

then i had a butty using my hex a and b and a bag of snackajacks as we werent eating until 8.

THE CHINESE

well it started with ALOT of prawn crackers and dip (syns ?)
then steamed prawn dumplings (they are actually pretty healthy) (syns ?)
salt and pepper squid (deep fried yummyness) (syns ?)
then i had fillet steak in cantonese sauce with boiled rice (syns ?)

THAT LITTLE LOT WAS INTERSPURSED BY 17.5 SYNS OF VODKA AND DIET COKE (AND A SAMBUCHA:eek:AS IT WAS A FREE B DAY DRINK)

OH AND A CHUNK OF CATERPILLER CAKE (your never too old for caterpillar cake lol;)

i had a fab time and have started a fresh today with a bowl of fruit and ham and poached eggs TASTY:)

i dont really know my syns and dont to be brutally honest care I HAD FUN and it was only one meal really and it was my birthday after all lets see what the scales say tomorrow :)

10 weeks 1 st lighter and still loving it

well ive not posted in my diary for a while but im doing ok.
ive lost 1 st in 10 weeks on sw plan and im still loving it. ive had a few blips i cant deny it but overall ive been pretty good, even though ive had meals that seem naughty .... i love my sw chips and syn free curries and am obsessed with yogurt fat free natural yog with sweetener and coconut essence v tasty and syn free i even put coconut essence in my curries try it its fab.

ok so im off on a hen doo this weekend and there is a set food platter (thats really unhealthy) at the cocktail making which is also not brill so ive decided to eat before i go and just drink and pick at the platter if..... and only if im hungry

were meeting in wetherspoons for lunch that day so im having the piri piri skewers with salad and a jacket to fill me up for 2 syns and stop me eating as much later oh and we get giant pretzels in the german themed bar too :/

sooooo much temptation but im gonna stick to the booze and take some fruit for the room and maybe a pasta salad to chomp before we go out (damage control)

im gonna dance my ass off to counteract the booze and hope i havent put on again as i gained 1/2 lb last week

my weigh in is on monday so fingers crossed;)

Back