I feel awful, so down and depressed

Ricepop

If you know the Harry Potter stories, I feel like a dementor has got hold of me = I feel like there is nothing positive to look forward to and so negative about everything.

I don't know what to do to pull myself out of this, my emotions are sooo up and down and I really want to eat :cry:

Gemx

Hi Gem

Oh poor you hun!! I'm having a rubbish day myself too!

Are you prone to feeling like this or is this unusual for you?

Aww Hun, you sound like i was last night. i could not pull myself out of that yesterday in the end, i put my skates on and went skating in the street, a mad thing to do i know but it made me feel a bit better. I have had some apple crumble and a jacket spud tonight, naughty i know. Don't lose hope, it will be ok, i am here if you need to chat as i know exactly how i you feel. (((big hugs)))

You are new to the diet so these low feeling are quite normal......I went through a few different emotions as I have gone along my journey.
We are all here if you want to chat, but these feelings shouldnt last long.

I am prone to feeling down. I was doing really well lately before this week, I really want some food sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo badly I don't know what to do
:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Gemx

At the minute I think I'd feel better!

I'm with you all the way I could kill for something to eat (on day 3), I am desperately hanging on to all the positive reasons why I want to lose the weight and all the negative things I feel about my current size. The moments do tend to pass if you can just hold on and stay strong - let's do it together.

Gx

At the minute I think I'd feel better!

:wave_cry:
Try and do something to distract you - a soak in the bath reading a book has become my staple passtime when I feel like that :read:

If you've used food for comfort eating it can be hard on this diet at times as that crutch has disappeared :eat:

Hope you're feeling a little better now - keep posting or try the arcade to distract yourself :wavey:

PS : Great description of the feeling - that's how I imagined the dementors felt too :clap:

If you know the Harry Potter stories, I feel like a dementor has got hold of me = I feel like there is nothing positive to look forward to and so negative about everything.

I don't know what to do to pull myself out of this, my emotions are sooo up and down and I really want to eat :cry:

Gemx

Awww Gem :(

sorry you're having a crappy day hun....think we all feel like this sometimes - try not to worry....think it's 'normal' - and you'll probably bounce back as the days go by....worrying about it might just make you feel worse....

hope you feel brighter soon :)

big hugs

Debz xx

Hi everyone, thank you for your replies.

I don't feel any better, my black cloud is still looming very large. I've been out today for a 9 mile bike ride around Grafham Waters with my DH and it was really good, but once home I feel rubbish again.

Couldn't stay out in the sun too long as I have very fair skin and would frazzle.

I've been asleep for hours and feel no better for it.

Just keep thinking about food and now also feel pressured to keep on CD by DH and CDC. They are not pressuring me as such but because they both say stick with it, you can do it etc, I feel like I've got to and not because I want to.

I do feel quite worried as to what will happen. Either I'm going to sink deeper or have one massive binge.

Don't know where to turn. :sigh:

Gemx

What i always do when im feeling crap is get my fat photos out and sit at the table, i then get a piece of paper and write all the cons for losing weight(only one on ss is not having food) and the pros (huge list).

If im still thinking about food i drink water and go for bath. Normally if i have had bath and drank more water and looked at list im ok.

If i were you i would get to end of week and see how you feel, if the eating is really important maybe look at 790 .

You need to do this diet for you as the wrong reasons make this diet so hard.

Good luck and hope that you feel better soon

julesrush

HI Gem..sorry yr feeling so low, i know how u feel..i've had 2 lot's lf really bad news over the last week or so...and i turned to food to comfort myself. I'm back ssing now,and i can tell u... eating did'nt make me feel better but getting back on ss did. Try to hang in, it will get better.

FOOD

HI RICEPOP IF YOU REALLY NEED FOOD DO THE 790. HAVE SOME SKINLESS CHICKEN OR SOME TUNA, THE TUNA HAS TO BE IN SPRING WATER. ALSO SOME PICKLED CABBAGE, THIS IS WHAT I LIVED ON MY FIRST WEEK AND LOST 10LB... DONT MAKE YOURSELF ILL...;)

Hi Gem, sorry your not feeling so great at the moment but try and think what do you usually so when you feel like this? Does it help to go over why you're doing this in the first place, i mean is there any particular goal you're striving to achieve other than being healthy and slim? I find it helps to focus on the things i really want....for example at the minute it's getting into a smaller wedding dress and that's really motivating me at the moment, is there anything you've got your heart set on to give you that little bit extra? Also is there anything you can do to occupy yourself so you don't have time to think about food? Maybe start a new hobby or do some work in the house that you've been putting off?

hope to help a little bit and remember we're all here to help and support you hugs xx

Back