I flipping LOVE Slimming World!!

HellieCopter

Gold Member
You ever get one of those moments when you just love your diet? I'm having one of those!

I'm eating a massive pasta and roast veg salad thing that I made last night and it's SO lush. When I used to do ww years ago, this would have been 10 or 12 points easily!

I love that I can eat this, with cheese on top, and not feel guilty!!!

:D

It doesnt even feel like your dieting, thats the beauty of it!!!
This is by far the best diet I have ever been on.

Long live Slimming World!

Oh I love SW too, it's bloody fabulous. I have a friend called Shane, (he's my "wife") he's a lanky streak of pi*s and he comes round for tea every now and then (he brings KFC) and I'll cook syn free chips and other naughtyness and he always leans back and says, I'll have to be good tomorrow, and I usually grab a chip and say I AM being good *chomp* :D

I agree... bravo Slimming World!

I've got a huge salmon fillet with an even huger (is that a real word?) salad and some new potatoes that I added last minute for my lunch/dinner :)

I heart that you can have salmon as a free food, so good for you and also would be high in points!

SW rocks!!

I am a converted Slimming World fan and I shall never do any other diet again, it's a fantastic way to lose weight.

When I was a WW-er, I loved it, I was convinced it was the most fab diet ever. I knew very little about SW other than stuff I'd heard (from failed dieters!) about it being really complicated, and consisting of red and green days and that was about it.

I am so glad that when I decided to nip my weight re-gain in the bud before I got back to 15 stone, that I chose SW! I mean, WW is great and if it's working then brill. But I am really glad I found SW.

*cracks open a bag of ryvita minis*

I used to like WW/RC/Atkins while they were working!!

I tried SW the first time cos I'd been round all the other classes and didn't want to be a "rejoin" to them. They didn't know me at SW! I'll never be another rejoin cos I'll never stop going now :)

I love the "idea" of slimming world, but I always have trouble getting my head around the free food idea. It works, I know that but I also feel guilty!

The thing i love about slimming world is that its not like a diet at all and lets you eat all the things you love to eat with out all the guilt attached.

I have just ate breakfast of bacon, eggs chopped up new potatoes, mushrooms and tinned tomatoes and loved it, if i had been doing one of the others i would have thought no cant have that i wont have enough points or cals to last me the day and then i would run out of cals or points and then eat anything.

Best by far i say

I love SW!
I have tried all the other diets with varying degrees of success and then gained everything and more.
I never feel deprived on SW and if there is something that I fancy that is a little "naughty", I can either eat it and count the syns, or find it a challenge to look for a healthier alternative.

The thing is you have to eat healthily on SW, and it's not hard. On WW you can still lose whilst eating cr*p, and feeling hungry to boot!

i agree Judi, I think I recall someone saying there were the same points in a banana as chocolate or something similar! Where's the logic in that? With all eating plans I always ask, you might loose weight but a.) is it fat and b.) is it a healthy balanced diet?

I did RC a long time ago and had 1500 calories a day. Then I joined WW and had 18 points a day. Pshycologicaly I was scared to eat anything cos I had suddenly gone from being able to have 1500 of something to only 18, the numbers did my head in big time. Doing SW is like being set free from the guilt bagage that goes with dieting cos now I'm not hungry I don't snack inbetween meals on bags of crisps or chokkie thinking OMG I really shouldn't have eaten that. If I want them as a treat, I have them, syn them and bloody enjoy them now.

I so agree with the 'healthy' benefits of SW. I've always eaten quite a lot of fruit, but it's been such a joy to see hubby now converted too!

He recently had his annual health check at the doctor's - blood pressure down, cholesterol down as well as looking so much leaner and fitter. "You could live forever with figures like these" says the doc. "Must have a good doctor" says hubby!

But no, it's definately Slimming World. In 42 years of marriage, I've never been able to convert him, but am so, soo, sooo pleased for both of us that it's happened now!!!

I so agree

I agree with everything said in this thread and my hubbie has changed his eating habits esp. re. packed lunches. He now takes the time to make himself a healthy SWish pasta or rice dish to take with him rather than sandwiches, choc bar and crisps.

There is SO much to choose from to eat to fit in with whichever SW plan you prefer (ExtraEasy is mine) that you can only fail if you continually go way over on the syns.

I also love the fact SW helps me to educate my kids to eat a varied, healthy diet which is setting up good eating habits for life for them.

So many new recipes to try as well. Three cheers for SW - spread the good news to everyone you meet, big and small!

Im now a complete foodie! I used to eat little but it was all junk, now I eat till the cows come home Lol and lose weight! I really do think slimming world is amazing! This time last year I would never have thought losing weight would be so easy, having been a
"big girl" all my life SW had helped me to realise that my weight doesn't define who I am, its just a shame that other people cant see past shapes & sizes.
I talk about food all day everyday and I enjoy its so much more now, I think for me food was something I did not discuss when I was at my largest because I thought people would assume I was big because I ate like a horse, which really wasn't true. Now I really do eat like a horse and im shrinking! Go figure that! Lol
When I talk to the girls at work about what meals we have at home, they cant believe that I can eat such lovely food and it be the reason im losing weight.
A couple of my meals in an average week ...

Im still obssessed with Chilli, were having Chinese tonight as ive saved my syns, bacon sandwiches, full roast dinner with all the trimmings, complete fry up ( its actually a Grill up tho Lol), what we call 'Italian' which is a big pasta dish with tomatoes, peppers onions and mince beef with cheese mixed in, and a mighty big stew!

Now how can anybody say that slimming world is anything but brilliant!

By the way you might notice the amount of beef/mince in my meals which is funny because before I started slimming world I was practically a vegetarian, lack of iron or protein (not sure which one) caused big black circles under my eyes, eating healthily with alot more meat the circles have gone and I feel like a completely new person and Im not so lazy anymore lol

So i would suggest Slimming World to anyone wether it be to loose weight or just as part of a heathly lifestyle.

Im a Slimming World Groupie too and proud of it!!!! Whoop Whoop!!!!

XxxXxx

Absolutely hun....I love SW too! I have recently gone self employed and so can go to school type assmeblies, etc more often; every Mum I have seen has dropped their jaw at the sight of me (terrible, but feels grat btw!!) and every time they ask me what I have been doing I can't help but rave about SW and how you can LIVE on it!! I think I may have converted a few and may see them in class soon!! LOL

K xx

i dont feel like i am on a diet and the best thing with sw compared to other diets is that your whole family can eat the same things

Back