• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

I just joined

Hi everyone, I joined up a few days ago and have been having a look around. I am very impressed- it is so informative and friendly and I feel sure I will feel at home with you all.
I am 61 years old and have always been a couple of stone overweight, but since I gave up smoking 8 months ago my weight has rocketed and I am now 14st 7lbs with a height of 5ft 3ins so I need to work my BMI out but I would like to start shedding at least 4 stone in the new year. I am going to do Slimming World and go to group as well.
Looking forward to getting to know you all.

Liz

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
Hi everyone, I joined up a few days ago and have been having a look around. I am very impressed- it is so informative and friendly and I feel sure I will feel at home with you all.
I am 61 years old and have always been a couple of stone overweight, but since I gave up smoking 8 months ago my weight has rocketed and I am now 14st 7lbs with a height of 5ft 3ins so I need to work my BMI out but I would like to start shedding at least 4 stone in the new year. I am going to do Slimming World and go to group as well.
Looking forward to getting to know you all.

Liz
hey Liz - WELCOME :D

this is the best weightloss forum out there - so you picked a good'un !

good luck with SW - look forward to sharing your successes :)

keep us posted !

Debz xx

Isis

Ancient Egypt Nut!
Welcome to our community Liz :D

Looking forward to seeing you on the boards and getting to know you better :)

Lacey..xx :)

Hi Liz and welcome to the board. I need to stop smoking. I really do.

Thank you all for your words of welcome. I find it so interesting to see your tickers and see how well you are all doing, I am pleased for you all :)

Jim- I will tell you how I gave up the fags. After several failed attempts, usually due to the amount of weight I put on, I finally decided to treat the weight as a totally separate issue, and free myself up to totally concentrate on chucking the fags regardless of weight. It became so much easier for me then, and I enrolled in the NHS smoking cessation clinic and went on Champix. When my hubby saw how easy I gave up, he did exactly the same, and he was a 40-60 a day man. Neither of us have ever looked back. So now I can focus on my weight loss journey fag free!
Liz
x