I just joined

Yellowlab

Hi everyone, I joined up a few days ago and have been having a look around. I am very impressed- it is so informative and friendly and I feel sure I will feel at home with you all.
I am 61 years old and have always been a couple of stone overweight, but since I gave up smoking 8 months ago my weight has rocketed and I am now 14st 7lbs with a height of 5ft 3ins so I need to work my BMI out but I would like to start shedding at least 4 stone in the new year. I am going to do Slimming World and go to group as well.
Looking forward to getting to know you all.

Liz

Hi everyone, I joined up a few days ago and have been having a look around. I am very impressed- it is so informative and friendly and I feel sure I will feel at home with you all.
I am 61 years old and have always been a couple of stone overweight, but since I gave up smoking 8 months ago my weight has rocketed and I am now 14st 7lbs with a height of 5ft 3ins so I need to work my BMI out but I would like to start shedding at least 4 stone in the new year. I am going to do Slimming World and go to group as well.
Looking forward to getting to know you all.

Liz

hey Liz - WELCOME :D

this is the best weightloss forum out there - so you picked a good'un !

good luck with SW - look forward to sharing your successes :)

keep us posted !

Debz xx

Welcome to our community Liz :D

Looking forward to seeing you on the boards and getting to know you better :)

Lacey..xx :)

Hi Liz and welcome to the board. I need to stop smoking. I really do.

Thank you all for your words of welcome. I find it so interesting to see your tickers and see how well you are all doing, I am pleased for you all :)

Jim- I will tell you how I gave up the fags. After several failed attempts, usually due to the amount of weight I put on, I finally decided to treat the weight as a totally separate issue, and free myself up to totally concentrate on chucking the fags regardless of weight. It became so much easier for me then, and I enrolled in the NHS smoking cessation clinic and went on Champix. When my hubby saw how easy I gave up, he did exactly the same, and he was a 40-60 a day man. Neither of us have ever looked back. So now I can focus on my weight loss journey fag free!
Liz
x

Yes, I need to do the same Liz, thanks for the tips.

Back