I know i'm going to give in

Pearl77

Ok I'm writing this hoping I'll see some sense or some one might make me see sense, my heads In a mess!! I've been here before the last time I did LL I honestly think I'm going to cave in, I don't want to, but I know I am????? I feel tortured by food!! Is it that I've made my mind up already but I won't admit it it? Yes I think so but I also know that no sooner will I of caved in but I'll regret it I know I will so how do I change what I'm thinking? I even managed to get into size 16 jeans today, I thought that would of cheered me up but it hasn't, have I lost all motivation? Err bridesmaid dress! Oh god! I really need some help here : (

Sent from my iPhone using minimins

it is so hard when the demon thoughts of food enter your mind and torture you. I have been feeling much the same way recently myself.

I guess a good thing to do is try and remind yourself as often as necessary why you are doing this, and how much it means t you.....and know that these thughts WILL pass, if you struggle through them.

It is not easy, but most things worth having dont come easily - and they mean much more if hard graft is put in to acheive them.

All I can do is wish you good luck, and hope youcan be strong. I understand, but dont feel overly positive myself tonight either - i just wanted to offer support.

Maybe knowing we are not alone fighting these demons will help us ignore them, and get through the rough patch.

Good luck! Dont give up.

xx

Well, you sound like you're trying to convince yourself to be honest. The only real motivation can come from you. All I'll say is that you're 20% complete already according to your ticker, so why cave in now? I can tell you to "be strong" and that "you can do it" but it doesn't mean anything unless you actually believe it yourself.

Go out, go for a walk, get away from temptation and clear your head, then think about why you're actually doing this in the first place. Everyone has down days. I had the shittiest day today, probably the worst day that I've had in about two years, and I nearly gave in. Right now though I'm at home, I didn't order that pizza that was calling my name, and I'm proud of myself for that. Because there are other things that are just more important.

It is hard with so many emotions flying around your head and temptations constantly calling you, but you have done so well and there must have been a glimmer of hope when you got into a size 16 jeans.

You are going to hit your goal soon enough, just think about how you will feel, how your health will benefit from it and how you can then you can start to live your life properly with buzz and excitment. The food will still be there at the end of it, but you will have learnt through your CBT how to deal with it and make wise choices.

Jump in the bath or paint your nails, do anything to take your mind off things tonight, it will pass. You also need to switch your thinking, so of instead of thinking you will cave, think I will succeed.....and you will, you just have to believe.

Keep strong x

I'm sorry to hear you are struggling with LL. You've been so strong and i like reading your threads. I'm just back from my ski trip and yours was the first thread I read. I too am struggling but am just going to take one day at a time. Have you thought about doing the lite program ? I did it and at least you are not so tortured but then you won't loose as quickly, but it helps to keep you moving forward. Good luck! X

Your all right I know that, just a constant mind f***k recently. I'm never like this, never, it's not me, I normally just eat lol!!! Negative that's how I'm behaving, and having this forum does help, going to watch my soaps and take your advice have a bath n bubbles and do my nails for London tomorrow, thanks for the support xx

Blonde Logic said:
it is so hard when the demon thoughts of food enter your mind and torture you. I have been feeling much the same way recently myself.

I guess a good thing to do is try and remind yourself as often as necessary why you are doing this, and how much it means t you.....and know that these thughts WILL pass, if you struggle through them.

It is not easy, but most things worth having dont come easily - and they mean much more if hard graft is put in to acheive them.

All I can do is wish you good luck, and hope youcan be strong. I understand, but dont feel overly positive myself tonight either - i just wanted to offer support.

Maybe knowing we are not alone fighting these demons will help us ignore them, and get through the rough patch.

Good luck! Dont give up.

xx

And you chin up too!

weevikki said:
I'm sorry to hear you are struggling with LL. You've been so strong and i like reading your threads. I'm just back from my ski trip and yours was the first thread I read. I too am struggling but am just going to take one day at a time. Have you thought about doing the lite program ? I did it and at least you are not so tortured but then you won't loose as quickly, but it helps to keep you moving forward. Good luck! X

Hope you enjoyed your ski trip, just thinking of you skiing is making me think of Swiss chocolate! My mind Is soooo in the wrong place lol!

I soooo know how you feel as been there so many times before. I am now in ketosis so not hungry and not even thinking about food but i just wanted to say i have been in your frame of mind so many times so *hugs* and it will pass ;)

Thanks chick, sounds daft but was colouring in with the kids, they went to bed and I carried on! Very therapeutic I must say! (big kid) had a little cry with my oh feeling a bit better, crap isn't it! But I know it will be worth it eventually, think I just needed to let off some steam xx

Hey Pearl. I have to constantly fight my demons. I alwasy think about food, but it's what you do about those thoughts that's determine what happens. i just try and focus pack to pack, and think about how i'll feel after I eat something. I would be so disappointed in myself if i did give in. i still get the psychological cravings. It's not seeing it, but smelling and the thought of it. That is always much better than the food itself. Remember that. I also feel that I'm willing time to go quicker so I can reintroduce food into my life, but time is time. Just have to take a day at a time and drink drink drink.

glad ur feeling better...... you know u can always give ur LLC a call and arrange a stop in with her.... might help u xx

Back