i love how supermarkets overstock at xmas....ive stocked up on syn free goodies

cat yoyo greaves

Gold Member
i have just bought 2 mahoosive gammon joints for 16 quid to stock up freezer ive chopped it up and removed all fat and now have 3 decent sized roasting joints 12 thick gammon steaks and 2 little roasting joints

also got a ton of sliced cooked meats v cheap and frozen them too

and loads of fresh salad stuff and veg

all these things were on date but the veg and salad is still super fresh and will be eaten waaaay before its past its best

who says diets had to be expensive

I love getting bargains at the supermarket. When I'm feeling particularly bored I do the yellow sticker challenge and try and make a meal out of reduced stuff. My freezer is full of meat and fish that I've got on the cheap and I agree, it does make Slimming World a lot cheaper!

i dont think theres much at all that isnt stickered in my freezer .... my friends mock me for my obsessive sticker hunting but my shopping bill is teeny as a result

in my freezer is meat bread and veg that ive par boiled then frozen not much else really lol oh and leftovers

i love it and find it keeps my diet varied so i dont get stuck in a rut on sw

in fact for brekkie tomorrow im having poached eggs and asparagus eggs 1.25 for 12 free range reduced (in date til 3rd jan) and 40 p a bunch for asparagus (got 3 bunches) going to make a gammon and asparagus crustless quiche too

Back