I may lose some battles but I'll win the war.

Morning Lovely, hope to hear from you soon, keep well and warm hun xxx:hug99:xxx

Wavey patsy, had a blonde moment posted this on Emily's thread , doah x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins
Hi Yvonne. :D

Morning pp u feeling any betta Hun? Xxx
Thanks Em, but I'm much the same as last week. :D

Hey Patsy, hope you're feeling better my love, bless you hun, you're not having an easy time of it lately. :bighug: Hope you're back to normal real soon, maybe it's all the worry and stress eh? xxx:hug99:xxx
Thanks Lily. I think there's a lot of truth in what you say. Stress deffo doesn't help. Just gotta get on with it though. :D How are you doing? :D

:bighug: hope you're feeling better PP
Thanks Em. :D

Sending hugs xxx

Aw thanks Yvonne and sending some right back at ya. :D

Morning Lovely, hope to hear from you soon, keep well and warm hun xxx:hug99:xxx
Thanks lovely Lily. I'm just plodding along but doing OKish. Window for a final decision closed 5pm tomorrow. :D

Have you decided what you're doing yet PP?

Good to see you Patsy, I'm doing ok right now :fingerscrossed: hoping this snow doesn't stop me getting to my appt on Wednesday :fingerscrossed: xx

Have you made a final decision hun? I really believe the stress makes us worse xxx:hug99:xxx

Have you decided what you're doing yet PP?
Pretty much but not 100% yet, fairly sure I'll go for it but it's such a major decision I'll likely put it off till the last half hour.

Good to see you Patsy, I'm doing ok right now :fingerscrossed: hoping this snow doesn't stop me getting to my appt on Wednesday :fingerscrossed: xx

Have you made a final decision hun? I really believe the stress makes us worse xxx:hug99:xxx
Hadn't realised you had snow again!!! What's with this weather? We only had a few flakes on Saturday and it didn't lie. Almost sure I'll go for VR but just haven't yet plucked up the courage to tick the box. But the stress deffo makes my gut troubles worse. So far after the w/end I'm pretty chilled. Think it's to do with my decision being made, well nearly. :D

Take a deep breath and go for it. If I were in your position i would be the same. I'd probably be questioning myself up til the last second. Even though I have learnt from past experience, i should just trust my gut instinct :p

hey hun, yeah its been snowing since 9pm last night, keeps looking like it's going to stop then comes back heavy, thankfully not too much settling as it rained before it snowed, but cos it's so cold here it's starting to freeze which is worse...hopefully the rain they promised for later or tomorrow, will appear.

I don't mean this to sound patronizing or anything like that, but I was worrying when Mal was made redundant and again when I lost my job and then when the girls left and even now I know it won't be too long before Kirsty and Mark move on ...but I did adapt, yeah it was hard and not just the money but having all the spare time, you'd think you'd do more but at first somehow I didn't lol
Just make the decision that will give you the most peace hun and then go for it ..it's amazing how you cope when you have to and to be honest how relieved you feel too xxx:hug99:xxx

Take a deep breath and go for it. If I were in your position i would be the same. I'd probably be questioning myself up til the last second. Even though I have learnt from past experience, i should just trust my gut instinct :p
Thanks Ally, I'll probably wait till tomorrow but am becoming more sure as the time goes on. :D

hey hun, yeah its been snowing since 9pm last night, keeps looking like it's going to stop then comes back heavy, thankfully not too much settling as it rained before it snowed, but cos it's so cold here it's starting to freeze which is worse...hopefully the rain they promised for later or tomorrow, will appear.

I don't mean this to sound patronizing or anything like that, but I was worrying when Mal was made redundant and again when I lost my job and then when the girls left and even now I know it won't be too long before Kirsty and Mark move on ...but I did adapt, yeah it was hard and not just the money but having all the spare time, you'd think you'd do more but at first somehow I didn't lol
Just make the decision that will give you the most peace hun and then go for it ..it's amazing how you cope when you have to and to be honest how relieved you feel too xxx:hug99:xxx
You're not being patronising at all lovely Lily and I appreciate all your insight as you've had a similar situation yourself. I tried a pros and cons list from both a staying and a going standpoint and the outcome of both was go. The only thing stopping me is fear of the unknown and the obvious money worries. I think the likely improvement in my health and happiness will be well worth it. :D

Last edited:
I'd always go happiness, even if it means money might be tight. Better to be stress free me thinks :)

I can only say from experience, while we did worry about the lack of money and did have a few teething probs, our bank were and are magnificent and stood by and helped us all the way, but then I have always been honest with them when I have had problems and after being with them 39 years have only ever gone overdrawn twice luckily enough.

It was hard to adapt but it seriously has been worth it just for the lack of stress mainly and to be honest I was buying things not because I wanted or needed them but because I could afford to, it's taught me to appreciate more what I can afford and what I do with my money....I just know you'll be fine hun and like Ally said better to be happy and stress free in the long run....I have always said if I'm happy I'd live in a tent in a field, don't need all the material things as long as I have my family and my health xxx

Morning patsy x

Hello lovely Patsy, hope you're having a lovely stress free day and are feeling more like your old self xxx:hug99:xxx

Hello lovely Patsy, hope you're having a lovely stress free day and are feeling more like your old self xxx:hug99:xxx
Thanks Lily. Not exactly stress free as redundancy VR window closed yesterday and everyone a bit jumpy. Was told informally today that I got VR but as yet no real confirmation and I lose out on almost a full month's pay cos I only get to 21 yrs 11mths 2 wks and 4 days service by the likely leaving date. Trying to get them to extend mine by 2wks 1 day. Prob won't work but worth a try. :D

Thanks Lily. Not exactly stress free as redundancy VR window closed yesterday and everyone a bit jumpy. Was told informally today that I got VR but as yet no real confirmation and I lose out on almost a full month's pay cos I only get to 21 yrs 11mths 2 wks and 4 days service by the likely leaving date. Trying to get them to extend mine by 2wks 1 day. Prob won't work but worth a try. :D

OMG what a bummer, yep definitely worth a try, Mal was in much the same situation 6 weeks and he would have made 32 years but they wouldn't let him stay longer and had to go almost immediately that happened on the Friday, his final shift of the week was Saturday and Monday he had no job, luckily though being the big company they were they paid all his redundancy, holiday and wages the following week and Mal being Mal had another job 2 days later...anyways enough about me, hope you can relax a bit now and try to enjoy your "retirement"...Mal had paid into a pension all his working life and was made redundant at 51 and has collected it ever since ...not point waiting really may as well get as much back as we can lol
Anyway lovely have a nice evening xxx:hug99:xxx

Back