I may lose some battles but I'll win the war.

Happy Friday!

Morning Patsy, good to see you posting again, great positives and you know what I have a good feeling all round this year, going to be a good one!!!
Hope all went/goes well at hospital hun, take care xxx:hug99:xxx

Hey! Did you see me barrowman on the news? He fell off his horse :( x

Hello folks I've been AWOL from minis for a day and a bit cos I was P'd off. Here's the reasons.

My hospital visit was not so good, firstly it was meant to be with a renal surgeon at his request, but was booked with a general surgeon he poked and prodded me for a wee while then said yep problem caused by adhesions (was apparently checking for hernias etc) couldn't operate on them cos that just causes more adhesions and could make matters worse and I had to live with it. I explained it's been getting steadily worse for over a year and I couldn't handle it any more, but he didn't change his tune. He's going to try to get me an appointment with the renal surgeon just so he can confirm the non teatment regime.

I was less than happy with this as you might imagine and then went grocery shopping, I guess the pods haven't quite worked their magic yet (HaHa) cos I don't think I bought anything healthy or nutritious apart from cranberry juice. The good news though is that I was so P'd off I left it all in the car so didn't scoff the lot on the 1st night. Maybe they are having an effect after all. :D

So trying to put a positive spin on things here's the positives for yesterday 3rd Jan 2013.

Listened to pods
Ate mindfully, (mum fed me lovely steak pie with swede and baked tattie, then ice cream with chocolate sauce, guess where I got my comfort food habits from) if not particularly healthily.
Looks like I will not have to spend time recuperating from surgery!!

So today I had to take mum for a blood test and a check up and do a few wee bits of errands, no problem you'd think, wouldn't you.

Well I thought so but it took from 1230 till 5 o'clock to do this and mum was in tears cos she got muddled and had to backtrack to the chemists to get meds she told them she had but had really had the last one of today so round and round in circles we went. Anyway it's sorted now :D

Got home and after 5 I had to phone the automated Jury Duty phone line to see if I am needed next week. More fun I reckon they've been off for the 2 weeks and the line has not been updated as it just rang and rang I tried the non automated contact number too but it rang out too. So I have to just turn up on Monday and see. Had a closer look at what work filled in on the loss of earnings form too and they have circled the yes option on the will the staff member be able to return to work if released early? Ha Ha it's only 15 miles in the wrong direction from work and it's already 28 miles away the opposite way, but yeah sure I can return to work if released early. ;) can you tell I'm looking forward to this enormously. :D

So positives for today. Hmmmmm. bit of a struggle

Listened to pods.
Didn't lose my temper at all the inefficiencies I've encountered today.
Ate minfullly for the first half of the day. Better then not at all i suppose. :D

:D fab postives my lovely friend . Wishing you all the luck in the world today :hug99: let me know how you get on please xxxxxx
Thanks Jackie :D

Happy new year PP! I've not been on here for ages either :eek:, but new year, new start :D Looks like you've got yourself focused again, so good luck to you :)
Good to see you back on here too. :D

Hope everything goes well at hospital today xxx
Thanks, see above. :D

Hey pp fab positives hun x
Thanks Em :D

Happy Friday!
Thank you and you. :D

Morning Patsy, good to see you posting again, great positives and you know what I have a good feeling all round this year, going to be a good one!!!
Hope all went/goes well at hospital hun, take care xxx:hug99:xxx
Thanks Lily. See above. :(

:wavey: hello mate just popping in with a :hug99: and looking out for todays positives ;) xxxxxxxxxxx
Thanks for nagging me Jackie I needed a swift kick up the bum tonight. And after a "different" 2nd half of the day tomorrow is a fresh new day podwise. :D

Hello, thought i would just throw in a quick comment.

I have had two similar days. Horrible! you coped with it really well. Like you said, eating mindfully for half of the day is far better than not at all :)

Hi just popping in to say hi, I've read bits of your diary on and off but thought if actually say hi now! I see you've been gone a while ... Snap! You seem very motivated though and I need some inspiration! Hope you don't mind! How much have you lost? How far from target are you or are you at target now? Xx

Hi just popping in to say hi, I've read bits of your diary on and off but thought if actually say hi now! I see you've been gone a while ... Snap! You seem very motivated though and I need some inspiration! Hope you don't mind! How much have you lost? How far from target are you or are you at target now? Xx
:welcome2:Zoe, Thanks for dropping by. I'm only just back and my time away was not good weight wise. I spent all of last year while on here playing with the same half stone and then when I went AWOL I put it and more back on. So I'm nowhere near target and trying not to think about what my weight really is. The pods focus on inch loss and not weight so much.

From your stats you're doing really well and so close to target. Good luck with the last few pounds. :D

PP I'm so proud of how you handled yesterday, you did so well :bighug: So sorry I've been awol, but I have a new username and a new diary, ready for a new start
Hi hun, welcome back. We thought we'd lost you for good. If you've been reading you'll know I was AWOL for a while too. And am trying the pods now. I'll go check on your new diary in a mo but I hope things have been OK and the new pup is good. :D Catch up soon. :D

Sounds like an awful weekend! But hoping it's a better week! Well done for trying to keep positive :)

Back