I may lose some battles but I'll win the war.

Morning! Have a lovely day.

Happy Friday PP. Hopefully a nice weekend ahead of you :) xx

Morning! Have a lovely day.
Good Morning LMC. How was your w/end? :D

It's better to be honest than to get caught out lying :bighug:

Hope you have a good day xx
I never lie cos I'm so rubbish at it and it's not really in my nature anyway. :D

Happy Friday PP. Hopefully a nice weekend ahead of you :) xx
Hope you had a good w/end Stevie. I had a lovely quiet one just went round to see my mum but otherwise just pottering about. :D

Purple Patsy said:
Thanks Em - Work has been all about the redundancies again today. Meeting about the next steps in teh process and how our pensions will be handled etc etc. So much to think about makes my head hurt. :D

Aww thats not to good PP
sorry to hear you are under pressure :)

:( sorry work is so cack with everything going on, is it voluntary redundancy (I can't remember)? If so, you'll make the decision that's right for you :bighug:
Thanks Em. It is voluntary to begin with but if they don't get the numbers they need it'll go to compulsory. Don't know what to do. :(

Morning pp hope ur doing ok xx
Thanks Em I'm just muddling along as usual, just really unsettling with everything going on.

Aww thats not to good PP
sorry to hear you are under pressure :)
Thanks Kally. I guess I just need to get used to it. Likely to go on for a few more months anyway. :(

Slower than our redundancies happened, we were told, 2 weeks after people were being interviewed, 2 weeks after than anyone who was up to be made redundant (voluntary and compulsory) went.

Slower than our redundancies happened, we were told, 2 weeks after people were being interviewed, 2 weeks after than anyone who was up to be made redundant (voluntary and compulsory) went.
Not sure but think that might have been better. We have had 2 weeks already and the VR window has just opened for 2 wks. then it's initial meetings. then final meetings then we're expected to work out notice. 12 weeks min for me. And if we have skills that need to be passed on they can make it longer or refuse to let someone who wants VR go depending on their skills. They stopped paying redundacy for part years a couple of years back so if I go I want to get past my anniversary date in early June. It makes quite a difference to the amount of redundancy pay I would get. I'm scared I make the wrong choice but atm I think I'll go for VR cos my health just isn't up to being here all the time. Then I get a panic attack about what I'll do for money after that cos I don't hink I'll be able to get another job cos of my health. AAARGH.

Aww hun, what a worry.....all I can say is do what is best for you...as for money, we dropped over £1200 in pay when I lost my job after my accident, then a year later my daughter and her friend who were living here both left home and my money dropped by a further £500 and then just 3 years ago when Mal retired we had yet another drop of over £1000 a month, but you learn to adapt hun, yeah we struggled and are still struggling, but you will cope you're a clever woman its easy to cut corners if you have to, however if you decide not to take redundancy then fight for your position hun, like I said you're a clever woman, you can and will be sound I know you will xxx
Like I said you must do whatever is right for you hun and your health certainly won't get better by you worrying about it.
Whatever the outcome, just be happy and as healthy as you can be lovely Patsy xxx:hug99:xxx

Aww hun, what a worry.....all I can say is do what is best for you...as for money, we dropped over £1200 in pay when I lost my job after my accident, then a year later my daughter and her friend who were living here both left home and my money dropped by a further £500 and then just 3 years ago when Mal retired we had yet another drop of over £1000 a month, but you learn to adapt hun, yeah we struggled and are still struggling, but you will cope you're a clever woman its easy to cut corners if you have to, however if you decide not to take redundancy then fight for your position hun, like I said you're a clever woman, you can and will be sound I know you will xxx
Like I said you must do whatever is right for you hun and your health certainly won't get better by you worrying about it.
Whatever the outcome, just be happy and as healthy as you can be lovely Patsy xxx:hug99:xxx
Thanks Lily. It's weird I've been hoping for redundancy for ages but now it's here I'm scared witless. I think I just need to be brave and go for it. as you say I will just need to live within my reduced means. But I don't really have expensive tastes no fancy holidays or fashion habit to fund. Only really my crafting habit but then again I have enough stuff to last 3 lifetimes at least, it'll be nice to just have time and energy to use them. I'm also looking forward to getting the house straight as at the moment I only do the bare minimum and it's starting to show. (Ahem) And then there's my jungle, I mean garden, nope I was right first time. It certainly could be doing with a bit of TLC. I feel like I just want to talk to someone who understands it cos my mum has no clue and work mates are going through the same thing or don't want to say anything definate, probably in case I blame them if it all goes wrong. All too much for my poor brain to cope with. :(

All i will say is go what feels right, if taking VR is what feels right for you, go for it, when it comes round to having to find money you'll find a way of getting it. I thought about taking VR when it was here even though my department wasn't effected but I realised I love what I do to much to give it up like that. Go with your gut if that says to go for it, do it :)

All i will say is go what feels right, if taking VR is what feels right for you, go for it, when it comes round to having to find money you'll find a way of getting it. I thought about taking VR when it was here even though my department wasn't effected but I realised I love what I do to much to give it up like that. Go with your gut if that says to go for it, do it :)
I've just been doing a pros & cons list to see if it helps. I think it does, but they've also just published a list of excluded skills from VR and I've got quite a few of them. ;) Oh so confused.

So sorry to hear of work problems pp we went thru a redesign 18 months ago at work had to reapply and interview for jobs and a third of staff went so u really do have my thoughts with u Hun. Was the worst time so stressful not just for u but also worrying and upset for close colleagues. U will figure out what's right Hun x

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

I've just been doing a pros & cons list to see if it helps. I think it does, but they've also just published a list of excluded skills from VR and I've got quite a few of them. ;) Oh so confused.

thats the boat i was in, our team is under staffed anyway, and i have skills none of the other members of the team has and vice versa, so we were exempt, but we could take VR is we wanted...which didnt make sense. It was all so confusing.

:bighug: with you having those skills would it mean you staying on to train someone else? Which could then take you up to June couldn't it? I wish I could tell you the best thing to do, but you'll decide that yourself one way or the other. We're all here for you PP xx

Hello lovely Patsy, I hope you are feeling less stressed today and a little clearer on what to do next xx

Take care sweetie xxx:hug99:xxx

Back