I may lose some battles but I'll win the war.

Thanks, Hope you had a good one too. :D Hi Von good to see you. :D Hello again Von, Sorry I've been neglecting minis. :D Thanks hun. I hadn't realised I'd been away for so long. LOL. :D Sorry for being AWOL folks, has been a combo of different things mainly feeling a bit yuck. And still trying to fullfill my prearranged commitments, well when I say commitments it was mostly funtime planned with friends but when I'm feeling rough I have to force myself to go and then I pay the price for a few days afterwards, but it's worth it. :D:D:D:D Then there has been the healthy eating failures of late. I have fallen back into the habit of eating rubbish to often and too much of it too. I weighed myself (which I had been avoiding cos as we all know if we don't have a figure to put on it, it clearly hasn't happened) and I have gained loads. So annoyed with myself cos it's so hard to shift and goes on like lightening. Why can I not be string when I feel unwell, I have just been reaching for junk then replenishing it when I have gone shopping. AAARGH I had a half plan to lose loads before my next milestone birthday next year and this has now been over a month when I have been going the wrong direction, why do I do this to myself? Even my mum has had a go at me about gaining :eek: she normally keeps quiet when I gain and only mentions it when I'm losing, but yesterday on the phone she had a good five minute rant on how much happier !! I am when losing and then to rub salt in the wound had a go at how awful my clothes are looking on me these days. Thanks mum I really needed the boost. She doesn't appreciate how yuck I feel but that's OK cos I don't always tell her so she won't worry as there's nowt she can do about it. I just wish she would be a bit more supportive when I do say I'm not well cos then it means I'm really not very well at all. And to cap it all, pretty much as soon as she finished having her weight related go at me she was wanting to out for lunch. I think the irony of it was lost on her cos she got a bit miffed when I pointed it out to her but again the best she could come up with was well you could just have a main course and no chips or potatoes and no sauces, complete failure to comprehend that the restaurant she likes to go to has no SW friendly options at all. Hmmm what's a girl to do??? Bottom line is she's now in the huff with me and muttering that she'll never ask to go out for a meal again. Overreacting much there mum. :rolleyes: Anyway enough of my own private pity party, and back on with the show. I have so much to do in the house and garden with having been ignoring it for the best part of a week. How does it get so bad so quickly. All I feel like doing is curling up and sleeping but needs must. OK whinge over (for now at least) Hope you are all well and having fun. :D

Oh patsy ,
Hugs xxx
It's so hard to keep motivated when your not well,
And your right it's so annoying when it takes forever to lose and wizzes back on so fast , it just not fair,
Poor you having to sit through a rant from your mum , we know ourselves when we've gained and don't need it pointing out how we look etc,
Just try to move on from it Hun ,
But as you said how ironic she then expects you to go for lunch ,
Sending more hugs xxxxx
Take care Hun

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Oh patsy ,
Hugs xxx
It's so hard to keep motivated when your not well,
And your right it's so annoying when it takes forever to lose and wizzes back on so fast , it just not fair,
Poor you having to sit through a rant from your mum , we know ourselves when we've gained and don't need it pointing out how we look etc,
Just try to move on from it Hun ,
But as you said how ironic she then expects you to go for lunch ,
Sending more hugs xxxxx
Take care Hun

Thanks Von, I am finding the motivation tough atm. I start each day full of good intentions and then somehow by the end off the day it has all gone horribly wrong. The hugs are just what I needed, thanks again, :D

Aw patsy :( sounds like you've had a tough time! On the plus side think of the calories you will be burning off tidying up? ;)
My mum mum is the same, moans about my weight then buys me a pizza! Xx
Lol at your mum doing it too. Do you think they all had lessons on it at school? Mine also does the do you want a biscuit thing whenever I go round. "No thanks I'm full" is obviously a lie cos she need to ask a further 3 times about the biscuits just to make sure. then it;s cakes, ice cream, sweet, and then her trump card crisps. She gets all agitated when the answer is still no. Enough to drive a saint nuts and I am no saint. :D:D

In the end I haven't done very much in the way of tidying was worn out after just a few mins. :(

Hope you'ver both had a good day. :D

Haha no my mums not too bad with biscuits it's more she thinks she's doing good by buying me some messages when I'm skint but it's all super noodles and pizza (none of which she eats btw haha!) in saying that she doesn't get me Easter eggs she gets me lush bath bombs instead!

Hope you had a good day lazing about :p I had work for 2hours (if you could call it work it's looking after a lovely guy with learning difficulties where we played with balloons and watched Wayne's world!!) hehe x

Hey pp sorry your not feeling to clever.
As for mums yep mine is the same with food and makes me laff so much when she tries dieting haha dont evwn get me started on that or there will be a huge rant :rolleyes:
Anyway haha have a fab day hun xx
Aw thanks Em means a lot to me to know I'm not alone with a drive me nuts mum. :D I've not been round to see her for a few days and we've kept our phone chat short so maybe she still is in the huff. Maybe she'll think for a second or two longer before she has a go at me again.

So good news is I don't crickle when I breathe today so the gloop must be reducing and I call that a result, now all I need id to get more energy and get stuff done. :D

Hope everyone has a good day. :D

Aw thanks Em means a lot to me to know I'm not alone with a drive me nuts mum. :D I've not been round to see her for a few days and we've kept our phone chat short so maybe she still is in the huff. Maybe she'll think for a second or two longer before she has a go at me again.

So good news is I don't crickle when I breathe today so the gloop must be reducing and I call that a result, now all I need id to get more energy and get stuff done. :D

Hope everyone has a good day. :D

I need some more energy if u find a solution let me know haha
Ahh she will get over her huff thats mums for ya.
Have a fab evening well wats left of it x

I need some more energy if u find a solution let me know haha
Ahh she will get over her huff thats mums for ya.
Have a fab evening well wats left of it x
Will do Ems but not holding out a lot of hope. I'm sure she'll get over it soon well by the next time she want/needs me to do something anyway, and as it's time I went grocery shopping that should take care of it. :D Have a fab eve yourself. :D

Helloooo pp
Hope your feeling a bit better Hun have a fab day xx

Hi Von. How are you? I've been a bit rubbish and had to go to hospital the past 2 days, Sorry for hte delay in getting back to you. :D

Oh patsy I'm sorry to hear that, no need to say sorry Hun xx
Hope your feeling a bit better , is it kidney related Hun?
Take care of yourself ,
I'm ok Hun , eventually got my date for my op, it's nx Friday 16th,
I'm a bit scared , softie lol xxxxx

Oh patsy I'm sorry to hear that, no need to say sorry Hun xx
Hope your feeling a bit better , is it kidney related Hun?
Take care of yourself ,
I'm ok Hun , eventually got my date for my op, it's nx Friday 16th,
I'm a bit scared , softie lol xxxxx

Thanks Von I'm doing a bit better today I think, but still not great. It's not directly kidney related but I think it's a knock on effect of the immunosuppression and other meds but as I can't change/stop them I've just got to get on with it and hope the quacks can sort me out. :D

You'll be fine for your op hun all I would say is be prepared for them to try to get you moving slowly the day after your op, which is likely to hurt but they don't let you rest long cos of potential blood clots etc. Seems cruel but is a necessary evil. Just focus on the end result and having a working knee again. :D

I hope your ok patsy?? Xxx
Thanks hun, as above I'm hoping they'll sort me out. :D

Thanks Von I'm doing a bit better today I think, but still not great. It's not directly kidney related but I think it's a knock on effect of the immunosuppression and other meds but as I can't change/stop them I've just got to get on with it and hope the quacks can sort me out. :D You'll be fine for your op hun all I would say is be prepared for them to try to get you moving slowly the day after your op, which is likely to hurt but they don't let you rest long cos of potential blood clots etc. Seems cruel but is a necessary evil. Just focus on the end result and having a working knee again. :D Thanks hun, as above I'm hoping they'll sort me out. :D

Hope they sort something for you Hun,
As for op it's day surgery so il have to be moving a few hours later, yea my sis says it will hurt but she said the same that this pain means it's getting better ,

Hope they sort something for you Hun,
As for op it's day surgery so il have to be moving a few hours later, yea my sis says it will hurt but she said the same that this pain means it's getting better ,

Didn't realise it is day surgery, but that's better cos hospitals are rubbish places to have to stay. Any pain will be worth it :D

Back