I may lose some battles but I'll win the war.

Happy New Year!

Happy new year xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hello Lovely Patsy, I'm back ! lol
Happy New Year to you hunni xx
Today is the anniversary of my accident and I am still trying to recover (I fell, think I may have blacked out) from top to bottom of my stairs and completely demolished all the muscles in and around my neck and shoulder, I am just starting to feel like I am ready to tackle the weight again properly. I have continued to go to class and I am about half a stone lighter than I was this time last year, so I am still 12st lighter than my original starting weight, but haven't really been in the right frame of mind to fully follow the plan until now.
I was so fed up at the time of my accident, I actually came on here and deleted everything and now can't find anyone except yourself lol, I will be starting a new diary and hopefully you'll pop by :sign0009:.
Take care lovely Patsy and I'll catch up with you soon xxx:hug99:xxx

Today is the anniversary of my accident and I am still trying to recover (I fell, think I may have blacked out) from top to bottom of my stairs and completely demolished all the muscles in and around my neck and shoulder, I am just starting to feel like I am ready to tackle the weight again properly. I have continued to go to class and I am about half a stone lighter than I was this time last year, so I am still 12st lighter than my original starting weight, but haven't really been in the right frame of mind to fully follow the plan until now.
I was so fed up at the time of my accident, I actually came on here and deleted everything and now can't find anyone except yourself lol, I will be starting a new diary and hopefully you'll pop by :sign0009:.

Is it really 12mths since you were last on here???????????

LILY HELLO - yes I actually did shout out loud when I saw your post. So thought I'd type in caps. I was just thinking about you yesterday as I had been awol doe a while too and have just got back to posting since the new year and hadn't got round to looking for most people yet. Most people we knew have not been on for months and have taken to using other social media to keeping in contact. Jackie popped on for a few mins a few months back but other than that not many posting from way back that I know of anyway.

So Happy New Year to you and I'm glad to hear you are recovering at last from your tumble. I will keep an eye out for your new diary and will certainly pop by. Hope the munchkins are well and their parent too obv. Soo looking forward to catching up with you properly. :D

Is it really 12mths since you were last on here???????????

Yep a whole year, doesn't time fly lol, but it's good to be back xxx:hug99:xxx

LILY HELLO - yes I actually did shout out loud when I saw your post. So thought I'd type in caps. I was just thinking about you yesterday as I had been awol doe a while too and have just got back to posting since the new year and hadn't got round to looking for most people yet. Most people we knew have not been on for months and have taken to using other social media to keeping in contact. Jackie popped on for a few mins a few months back but other than that not many posting from way back that I know of anyway.

So Happy New Year to you and I'm glad to hear you are recovering at last from your tumble. I will keep an eye out for your new diary and will certainly pop by. Hope the munchkins are well and their parent too obv. Soo looking forward to catching up with you properly. :D

Ah bless you hun, what a lovely :welcome2: it's so nice to be back and I did :giggle: at your shouting but that too is really nice, so :thankyou:
Happy New Year :new_year: lovely, here's to a good year, I have a really good feeling about 2015 :fingerscrossed: have had a good few months right at the end of 2014 and hoping that is going to continue, no I take that back, I know it will continue, this is my NO EXCUSES year, so onwards and upwards.
As you know I have you added as a friend on Facebook, but to be honest I rarely if ever use the site unless I am playing the odd game or talking to friends from foreign lands lol, I actually wouldn't miss it that much if they ever shut it down, having said that this last 6 months it has helped me reconnect with my sister who I haven't spoken to in over 20 years, we were never close as kids and as adults even less close, until she finally saw the light and started the counselling she so badly needed and which made her contact me and our other sister, it has been good, we have met in person and talk regularly on the phone and via text, but taking it slowly, she has also thankfully, ditched and divorced her abusive, womanising, cheating lazy ar*e of a husband after 34 years when she came home from work to find him in their bed with a prostitute...nice guy NOT..and is now back with her first love who she met when I met Mal, close on 40 years ago, she seems really happy at last, so :fingerscrossed: there too. We actually met up when she found out where our baby sisters grave was (my parents had a baby girl, the last of us children, who died just a few days after she was born) none of knew where she was buried, my sister was arranging to have some work done on my brothers grave and casually asked how she could find out and the woman typed in the details my sister gave her and hey presto there it was, the council even arranged for someone to meet us and actually show us the exact plot, she was buried in a paupers grave as my parents couldn't afford a proper burial, but is nice to know where she is and the graveyard is no longer open so we have been told we can actually erect a little cross which we are planning to do.
I also had been thinking about my cousin who I was really close to all my life, until we lost contact about 10 years ago when we both moved, sadly to find she had died 2 years ago, but through this and I always say every cloud has a silver lining, I have reconnected with her 3 siblings, the 2 boys speak occasionally but her sister, who is actually the same age as me and who I was never close to as a child, and I have become quite close over the last 6 months, we talk nearly everyday and it's so nice to have family coming back and also through this cousin I have found out lots of things that I didn't know about my own family.
My Kids and grandkids are all good, Kirsty, Mark and Harry have just bought a 2 bed flat in Leighton Buzzard and should find out today their moving date, looks like it might be the 17th, as sad as I am to see them go and especially Harry, it is definitely time lol.
Anyways I will stop rambling (bet you wish I had changed :giggle:) and I will catch up with you real soon xxx:hug99:xxx

Lovely to hear your news Lily and all the family updates. I know what you mean about it being time to have the place to yourselves. I imagine it has been tough having a littlie around when you were sore from your fall, they just don't understand why they can't come barrelling into you all the time. And no I'm so so so glad you haven't changed. I don't tend to use FB for anything other than games and catching up on old uni pals and ex workmates on the messaging bit, unless you count a few Queen sites and more than a few for David Tennant. Can't wait for Broadchurch to come back tonight. :D

Lovely to hear your news Lily and all the family updates. I know what you mean about it being time to have the place to yourselves. I imagine it has been tough having a littlie around when you were sore from your fall, they just don't understand why they can't come barrelling into you all the time. And no I'm so so so glad you haven't changed. I don't tend to use FB for anything other than games and catching up on old uni pals and ex workmates on the messaging bit, unless you count a few Queen sites and more than a few for David Tennant. Can't wait for Broadchurch to come back tonight. :D

Unfortunately it isn't Harry who is the problem, Kirsty and Mark are definitely in the frame of mind that they are going and that means they can do next to nothing, speak to us like c*rap and assume we will just sit back and take it, I think they have found out that's not the case, loads of arguments going on, so they stay out of our way and we do likewise.
That doesn't stop them asking us to have Harry while they work, go out etc and yet when they are here they tend to stay upstairs and keep Harry up there with them.
I know it will be fine once they are gone, I believe the problem is 2 women being in the same house, Kirsty doesn't seem to understand that this is MY home and always will be even when she is gone, she keeps telling me it's her home too and she has a say how I arrange things etc and while I have told her technically it will always be her home, she can't tell me how to run my home and dictate what goes where and even how I decorate because it's not to her taste grrrr lol .
I have started decorating the house and have decided to have cream walls and add colour with what I have on the walls ...or not in this case, all my picture frames and decorations are in white, I love it it's clean and tidy, Kirsty doesn't like it and is trying her best to have things her way...not going to happen, not in this house anyway lol.
So like I said time for them to go and have their home exactly how they want and if they want to do nothing but lay in bed (that's what they do when they are here) that's their choice...in their home!! lol
Think I'm actually a bit too long in the tooth to change that much so you are stuck with me lol xxx:hug99:xxx

Ah I see where the problem is now. They treat your house like a hotel and expect to dictate how it;s run. Emm no that's not how it works.

I hope they get a quick entry date for the sake of your sanity, and of course you will not ever smirk to yourself when they moan about how tough/expensive/tiring looking after themselves is. After all you are so much more mature than that as we all know.

Ah I see where the problem is now. They treat your house like a hotel and expect to dictate how it;s run. Emm no that's not how it works.

I hope they get a quick entry date for the sake of your sanity, and of course you will not ever smirk to yourself when they moan about how tough/expensive/tiring looking after themselves is. After all you are so much more mature than that as we all know.

Yep you got it and how well you know me, as mature as I am, a little smirk will occur I'm sure, at least it won't be....Told you so lol ....I do love watching them go out every week and spending a small fortune on a load of cr*p ....oh how the mighty fall and they will. At least with Kirsty I can kind of get her to listen but as much as I love Mark, he really is Mr Know it All....can't wait hahahaha :giggle:
Mark is on a health food kick and is persuading Kirsty to follow, that in theory is great but I sit every day and say nothing because last time I tried to advise them I got told they know what they are doing, so I decided ok get on with it then, they are currently have smoothies 3 times a day, not too bad an idea you'd think, until you hear what goes in the smoothie....
They start with approx. 500g of frozen or fresh fruit, per smoothie, not too bad they add a huge scoop of Ice cream, Mark told me it's low fat, when you work out the syns the Ice Cream alone is 35 syns and they have that between 3 of them each time so basically 3 times a day that works out 35 syns at least just for the Ice cream per day, without the pureed fruit and then they use whole milk cos Harry has some of their smoothies and they top it off with a good tablespoon if not more of sugar, last night for the first time they used sweetener, like that'll make much of a difference lol and now Kirsty wonders why instead of losing weight she is actually gaining it ooops lol
Still as they keep telling me they have to make their own mistakes so I am going to let them lol xxx:hug99:xxx

Mmm I like the sound of the smoothie, kind of a cross between a milk float and a McDs milk shake. And we all know they are really good for weight loss. Don't we? It does sound quite yummy though except for the added sugar sweetner, surely the icecream makes it sweet enough.

I've thought about the nutri-bullet nutri-ninja approach to top up nutrients but the trick is to not use more fruit than you would normally eat and mix it with ice, water or milk from allowance. It's supposed to give you all the fibre as it's not a juicer and the proteins are not denatured by heating them, Knowing me though I'll not get round to it. I'll just keep eating my fruit raw or topped with yog. I thought Kirsty did SW with you for a while? Surely she has worked out why she's gaining as she must still remember some of the SW principles.

Kirsty has gone from 10st+ to 13.5st, I think SW went out the window when she stopped going which would be about 6 months or more now and if I dare to even mention her weight I basically get told she'll do what she wants, so I don't try anymore, she's a big girl now she makes her own choices, although when she asks me if she looks fat or her butt looks big I do give it to her straight.
Kelly had a year out and rejoined early November, only to have an epileptic seizure ( only her 3rd since she was diagnosed with epilepsy at the age of 7) on 18th November, 2 days before her birthday and just 2 weeks into her 12 week SWOR countdown, she fel and was trapped between the toilet and the wall, with her arm in an awkward position, turns out she has done much the same o her arm muscles as I did on the very same arm, so she is out of action, Slimming World have been great and said they will reinstate her SWOR when she is well enough to return to class.

Just a quickie before I go, I am fuming, actual steam pouring out of my ears, Mark was in my living room yesterday playing about with the TV, when Mal asked what he was doing he said nothing, so we left it at that....I have just found out what he was doing and I am going to knock him down a peg or 2 tomorrow when I see him, I really feel like dragging him out of bed right now. I just got an email from SKY telling me that Mark Saunders had added himself to my SKY account and therefore has access to my whole account plus SKY GO etc ....I am so mad, how dare he, he didn't even ask if it was ok, apparently he got one of those google boxes for Christmas and has linked it to my SKY account, they got their date for moving today, sorry to say it can't come soon enough...16th they move out just another 10 days, thank god!!!
Anyways hun, catch u later :hug99:xxxxx

Kirsty has gone from 10st+ to 13.5st, I think SW went out the window when she stopped going which would be about 6 months or more now and if I dare to even mention her weight I basically get told she'll do what she wants, so I don't try anymore, she's a big girl now she makes her own choices, although when she asks me if she looks fat or her butt looks big I do give it to her straight.
Kelly had a year out and rejoined early November, only to have an epileptic seizure ( only her 3rd since she was diagnosed with epilepsy at the age of 7) on 18th November, 2 days before her birthday and just 2 weeks into her 12 week SWOR countdown, she fel and was trapped between the toilet and the wall, with her arm in an awkward position, turns out she has done much the same o her arm muscles as I did on the very same arm, so she is out of action, Slimming World have been great and said they will reinstate her SWOR when she is well enough to return to class.

Just a quickie before I go, I am fuming, actual steam pouring out of my ears, Mark was in my living room yesterday playing about with the TV, when Mal asked what he was doing he said nothing, so we left it at that....I have just found out what he was doing and I am going to knock him down a peg or 2 tomorrow when I see him, I really feel like dragging him out of bed right now. I just got an email from SKY telling me that Mark Saunders had added himself to my SKY account and therefore has access to my whole account plus SKY GO etc ....I am so mad, how dare he, he didn't even ask if it was ok, apparently he got one of those google boxes for Christmas and has linked it to my SKY account, they got their date for moving today, sorry to say it can't come soon enough...16th they move out just another 10 days, thank god!!!
Anyways hun, catch u later :hug99:xxxxx
One day Kirsty will wake up to the situation and I hope for her sake it's before she gets too huge. Poor Kelly what a nightmare for her. Hope her arm/shoulder gets better soon.

Now call me suspicious if you like but I suspect Mark intends to use his new box to continue watching sky TV via his new box using sky go in his new house. If that is the case he should share the cost with you whether he thinks it fair or not. Freeloading git. (Sorry)

One day Kirsty will wake up to the situation and I hope for her sake it's before she gets too huge. Poor Kelly what a nightmare for her. Hope her arm/shoulder gets better soon.

Now call me suspicious if you like but I suspect Mark intends to use his new box to continue watching sky TV via his new box using sky go in his new house. If that is the case he should share the cost with you whether he thinks it fair or not. Freeloading git. (Sorry)

Just a quickie as off to weigh in tonight, feel very bloated and swollen at mo so not holding out much hope, had a cold, bad one since 6th December and it's now gone to my head and sinuses are killing, still whatever happens tonight won't make the slightest bit of difference to my determination .
As for Mark, I can block him hun, no worries there he won't be freeloading off of me, but I am still very angry, the cheek of him just doing it and not saying....having said that I have seen a new side to Mark since he's lived here and I don't like it, thankfully he's not my choice ...he tells stupid little lies constantly and yet you know it's him, I am sick to death of pulling him up on it, like I said 16th can't come quick enough, sadly I'll miss Harry terribly.
Anyways hun, enough of me whinging, hope you're having a good day and I'll catch you laters xxx:hug99: xxx

Oh Lily sorry to hear you have sinus problems they are horrible. I would recommend Sudafed nasal spray. It doesn't cure your cold but it should clear the sinuses and ease the pain. Hope WI goes well.

Thanks hun, I really can't stand nasal sprays, but I do use the Sudafed extra strength blocked nose and sinuses tabs, they really work wonders, feel a lot better since taking them.
I gained 1lb, with my ankles the size they are right now, I am very happy with that could have been a lot worse, which hopefully means, swelling apart I should have a great week next week xxx:hug99:xxx

Thanks hun, I really can't stand nasal sprays, but I do use the Sudafed extra strength blocked nose and sinuses tabs, they really work wonders, feel a lot better since taking them.
I gained 1lb, with my ankles the size they are right now, I am very happy with that could have been a lot worse, which hopefully means, swelling apart I should have a great week next week xxx:hug99:xxx
So long as you are OK with the gain and know where it has come from ie the fluid retention. then that's good. Glad you found something to help your sinuses. :D

So long as you are OK with the gain and know where it has come from ie the fluid retention. then that's good. Glad you found something to help your sinuses. :D

Been using Sudafed for donkeys years, I absolutely swear by them, but just can't bare those nasal sprays, always feel really sick after them lol ....yeah it was definitely fluid retention, been sitting doing accounts all day and not moving so fluids built up, could have been a lot worse than 1lb lol thank goodness xxx:hug99:xxx

Back