I may lose some battles but I'll win the war.

yeah xxx welcome back glad your feeling better xxx
Thanks Mandy. It feels odd being back on here tbh. I see you have been about on the threads too well done. :D Hope to catch up soon. :D

Hiya hun
Glad your back
Thanks Von. I'll be popping round to yours at some point soon. :D Hope you're doing well hun. :D

:woohoo: welcome back hun, good to see you here and hope you really are feeling better :bighug:

Missed you loads, it's not the same without our Patsy xx

Oh and in case I don't get 5 minutes tomorrow to pop in :fingerscrossed: I will, :birthday: hope you have a good one and that you get spoiled, you deserve it :hug99: xxxx

:bday: Happy Birthday lovely lady :candle1: xxxx
Thanks lovely Lily. it's good to be back but is taking a bit of getting used to again. I had been playing one game long range (over a yard away) with a cordless mouse but hadn't picked up the lappy for weeks, So now apart from sore ribs from the coughing and a battered nose from all the running etc I'm better.

Thanks for the birthday wishes hun I had a feeling you would remember. You always do. I have no plans as yet cos of feeling rough and I think I'm going to pretend it's not happening. I think milestone b'days should be banned. :D Hope to catch up with all your goings on soon. :D

oh oh is it your birthday ??? HAPPY BIRTHDAY PATSY xxxxx:birthday::bday::candle1:

Hello lovely, doesn't matter what age you are and I just realised I am only 3 years away from 60 :woohoo: that's going to be a belter don't care if I have to boogie in me wheelchair lol, I'm an advocate of milestone birthdays, we earned the right to be able to party hard and we've also earned every one of those candles and anyways it's a good excuse along with that nasty cold/infection to have a few medicinal bevvies :giggle:
Other than that take it easy hun, I knew you'd be back you can't stay away from us hehehe

Whatever you're doing, I hope you're ok and not in too much discomfort.

Oh and yes I have a memory for dates like nobody's business, now if I could only remember everything else that well I'd be really happy lol

Happy Milestone Birthday my friend, enjoy it as much as you can, take care :bday: xxx:hug99:xxx

Hello lovely, doesn't matter what age you are and I just realised I am only 3 years away from 60 :woohoo: that's going to be a belter don't care if I have to boogie in me wheelchair lol, I'm an advocate of milestone birthdays, we earned the right to be able to party hard and we've also earned every one of those candles and anyways it's a good excuse along with that nasty cold/infection to have a few medicinal bevvies :giggle:
Other than that take it easy hun, I knew you'd be back you can't stay away from us hehehe

Whatever you're doing, I hope you're ok and not in too much discomfort.

Oh and yes I have a memory for dates like nobody's business, now if I could only remember everything else that well I'd be really happy lol

Happy Milestone Birthday my friend, enjoy it as much as you can, take care :bday: xxx:hug99:xxx
I ended up going out for lunch courtesy of my mum which was lovely and then we went to visit my aged godmother who tried to ply me with booze but as we have stricter rules here in Scotland drinking then driving I declined. And I got home to discover I'd let my heating run out of oil again so I haven't done anything but keep wrapped up while watching TV since. I don't let myself drink in the house alone as i reckon its a bit of a slippery slope :party0036:. Boring i know but that's me. Also planning a trip to the piccies on Wed eve with my bestie. I'll report back with my review tomoz but think I might not be too impressed from what I've heard of the totally high brow offering we are going to see ;) I'm sure you can guess.

Don't quite know what I'm doing awake and posting at this time of the night but hey ho. Bye for now and hope to catch up with you laters. Oh another clue to the movie there ha ha.

Lol hope you enjoyed your high brow film, if it's the one I'm thinking of I haven't heard one good report about it yet other than from a guy I know who loved it but he does and I am serious here, have learning difficulties, so maybe that's a sign not to bother lol....I might see it when it gets to box office on sky or dvd other than that not sure I want to waste my money.
I'm with you with the drinking at home thing, I don't say I don't do it but it's rare, Mal has in the last year taken to having 2 or 3 glasses of what takes his fancy a night, but me I don't abstain but 2 or 3 times a year max, 1 for our wedding anniversary, 1 for birthdays an possibly one on Valentines, that's my limit and even then they are well drowned lol.
Ah bless you, hope you have the heating sorted out and are feeling a little warmer, thankfully ours is working now so not freezing to death here either lol
Take care hun and will speak to you soon xxx:hug99:xxx

see now i am trying to work out which noughty birthday it is :D

hope you have had a great day x
Missed this post earlier sorry. It's a number somewhere between 4 and 6 that goes before the zero, Mandy.

I did have a nice day and then last night a friend treated me to a trip to the cinema to see 50 shades. I had read some bad reviews and was not hoping for much but it was OK deffo not as bad as I was expecting. It left me wanting to see the story play out so that's a sign it was good. Kind of understand how it has become the highest grossing 18 ever.

Also managed to get my heating back up and running after the oil delivery which involves bleeding the fuel system and topping up the water pressure in the radiators, So happy about that. And then today has been a lovely springlike day, Gives me hope spring proper is on it's way. Hope you have had a good day too.

loving the spring like day x
i read the 50 shades of Gray when it came out but found myself skipping certain pages with an oh no not again attitude:8855:

The actor playing Mr Gray doesn't fit the picture i have in my head so haven't been to see it, i prefer my fantasy :D

and my counting is so good i have guessed your age xxxxx

loving the spring like day x
i read the 50 shades of Gray when it came out but found myself skipping certain pages with an oh no not again attitude:8855:

The actor playing Mr Gray doesn't fit the picture i have in my head so haven't been to see it, i prefer my fantasy :D

and my counting is so good i have guessed your age xxxxx
Yeah I read them too when they were first out and found myself annoyed by terms used. Should either be the proper name or the pure filth name IMHO. Not some pathetic namby pamby name. :O Have to say Jamie Dornan doesn't really float my boat either but it was a fairly pain free way to pass some time. Didn't really sense any real chemistry between the leads either but that's not to say I won't watch the next one when it comes out.

On to a better film which I treated myself to on DVD yesterday. The imitation game. now that is a good film with fab acting. Have you seen it?

Where does the time go? But on a positive note I've been on plan since my epic fail on Saturday. Saturday was a lunch outing for my mum's birthday and we went to a local garden centre which does excellent food. I was soooo well behaved and ordered a chicken salad which apart for some syns for coleslaw and spud salad was fine. But then I got waylaid by an ice-cream sundae which was lovely but was huge and left me tripping over my halo on the way out. :break_diet:

But I picked myself up dusted myself off and got back on plan almost immediately so that was better then sometimes. And I've been on plan since which I'm quite pleased about.

its only one out of 21 meals in a week xx well done on getting back on track xx

time has a tendency to rush past doesn't it, hope you have a good weekend xx
Thanks Mandy, logically I know you are right but it's so easy to let one slip cascade into a bad week or longer, I've done that in the past often enough, so that's why I'm pleased to have averted it this time.

How are you getting on these days?

Hello lovely, Mandy is right it's only one meal out of 21 and it was for a special occasion, if we can't enjoy ourselves and have what we want a few times a year at least then in my books we might as well just totally give up. I love SW for the fact that it recognises that and even encourages it from time to time, hence flexi syns, no one of us would be doing any good at all on this plan if it weren't for the fact that we can and are encouraged to be human.
Having said all that and boy I do get the bit between my teeth sometimes don't I :giggle: I hope you are well my lovely friend and I hop to hear from you soon xxx:hug99:xxx

Thanks Lily. I appreciate all the encouragement I can get at the moment. I've had a killer sore throat for almost a week now I can't swallow without agony and eating anything much is out of the question. Moving my head hurts and it keeps me awake too. Sometimes I wish I still had a functioning immune system cos this is no fun. On the upside though unless strepsils are really high in calories I ought to be losing weight. :D

ah bless you hun, get well soon...sounds like the flu type virus that's going round down here, Albert's just had it, stay in bed and look after yourself, wish I was closer, I'd come make you a nice batch of soup, don't spose I could send it via DHL :giggle: xxx :hug99:xxx

Oh patsy that's exactly like I've been all week . My throat eased a bit yesterday to allow me to have soup for my tea but I hadn't eaten since Sunday ,
My voice is slowly coming back although today it's weak and croaky , this afternoon is the first time I've been out of bed since getting home from work Monday night ,
I hope you feel better soon hun xxx

Hi Patsy, just popping by to say I'm back. Sorry to hear you're not well:(. My DH has flu and a lung infection, can barely breath at times, and can't face food. Been going on for about 10 days so far, so I sympathise with you.

Back