I mean it this time!

Dan8317

Hey,

Once again I'm back to discovery ww but this time I'm staying here :) in the last month I've switched to that many diets its stupid and always end up back on ww. Problem is that pp just does not work for me so I've stopped going to meetings and found my old discovery folder and doing it from home. To begin with I thought pp was great as it allowed me to binge using my weeklies but its this habit that I'm so desperate to break.

Discovery is the only diet I've managed to stick with for longer than a couple of weeks and helped to break some of the habits that I've now gone back to :(

I know its a quiet forum but hopefully they'll be a few vintage ww'ers out there so that we can help each other :)

Good luck,
Dan x

I'm not with ww, but SW - however, I'm pretty vintage in age ;

Good luck! You can do it!

Welcome back Dan :)

I was the same with PP and as i said in another post wish i'd never heard of the bloody weeklies! They've ruined my dieting views completely and am finding it hard to break the habit. Will get there though.

Can be a bit quiet here but generally things get answered after a wee while and im on daily too.

Glad to see its not just me that struggles with pp :)

I keep going back to it thinking it'll eventually work for me but it never does. I've also found that because I'm a veggie that a lot of staple foods for me are high pp because of the carbs eg pasta, potato etc.

Hopefully this time I can just stick with discovery as I know it works and oh has agreed to do it with me which helps. Will be here for a while as want to lose about 5st ish in total but going to take it 7lbs at a time.

Actually looking forward to getting started in the morning and going to give fast start a go, fingers crossed I can get pp out of my head.

Good luck,
Dan x

What is pp?

Sounds complicated!

I've never tried ww and have joined my local SW simply because my friend is a member and has lost several stones. I thought I'd be stronger going with her and it does help.

That's why I think this forum is such a good idea....nothing worse than feeling you're the only one dieting!

Welcome back Dan. I'm the same drifted from diet to diet and this is the only one that fits in with my lifestyle it's just slows but it stays off! Unless habits are broken of course which is why I'm back after putting on 3 stone I lost. I'm a veggie too so I live off carbs. Hope your 1st day has went well. Starting 2moro! :) x

Good luck starting LouMo.

Today didn't go to plan as kids and oh been ill so going to weigh in the morning and start. Going to plan food tonight to make sure I actually start and going to give faststart a go. Going on hols in about 4 weeks so need to get as much as possible off before then.

Let me know how you get on and keep posting as not many of us on vintage points anymore :(

Goodluck,
Dan x

Aww these things happen. Yes I'm not using it as an excuse but not a lot of motivation on discovery board! We can start 2gether! X

Sounds good to me :) can still join in the general forum, weigh days etc. Just no matter how hard I try can't get into pp at all.

Just weighed myself so I know ill definately start in the morning and its not good :( have about 6st to lose so going to take it 7lbs at a time. Seems impossible otherwise.

Dan x

My Oh is doing WW with me too so im trying to have a mini challenge with him to keep me on track. We can do this girlies. Hows about i start a daily thread on here so we can report in?

Yes daily thread sounds good! It's good ur oh is doing ww aswell as u can have meals 2gether etc. my oh wants to eat out at weekends and that's the tough part! Well fresh start tues will need to wi if I can although I weighed on sat so would imagine its the same. Over 3 and half stone to loose :( first challenge for me 16lbs :) x

Chit chat on the board, yay!! I've only been checking in on my phone as it's been so quiet so hadn't noticed. I'm in for building up the Discover side of things, I love to post and it REALLY helps me with the motivational side of things. Can't do PP - tried a coupe of times, failing totally. Discover is the one for me! It's great that you've returned Dan, hey Lou! and I love the daily thread idea Loser85, off to have a look now! x

Hi Hules! Yea as I said before its not an excuse but it really does help when there's chat on the board! X

Definitely! I struggle without the support, My hubby is slim and as supportive as he is, he doesn't really get overeating.

Back