I need a kick up the bum...

Hippngrvy

Hi peeps,
well, I am definitely lacking motivation at the moment and need a good kick up the bum for sure! I'm down to 11st 5lbs now, and the ultimate goal would be to be 10st. I just can't seem to get motivated, stick to my points and lose those lbs! I have this horrible little voice in one ear saying, well you're only 5lb over weight, it's not exactly that bad, just treat yourself, but then afterwards I get so angry at myself for not sticking to it!!! I just can't seem to win! anyone else struggling also? It doesn't help with the bank holidays starting to arrive either, and everyone at work seems to be buying biscuits - it's just so frustrating...help!!! xsamx

*Kicks you* :)

I totally get that feeling, you're not alone. The way I try to combat it is by trying to remember those feelings I have after a binge before I actually have a binge. I've found that if you write the feelings down when you're having them and how bad they make you feel and then read them when you feel a binge coming on I tend to back away. Also picture what you'd look like at 10 stone, think about everything you want to do when you hit that target and how good you feel.

Hope you manage to get your head around it. :)

don't beat yourself up about it hun, perhaps try and become comfortable with maintaining for a couple of weeks because that is an achievement in itself as opposed to yoyoing.

I can see you don't want to settle for 2nd best that you want to reach your target, you can do it! Why do you want this target weight? maybe reassessing your reasons will reaffirm them and give you that spark back.

Good luck! xxx

I was 18lbs from goal bmi 24.9 in 2006 yoyoed on vlcd for 4 years then on 1 march 2010 I was 106lbs away from that very same goal........
Please think about that its easily done xx

Hi peeps,
well, I am definitely lacking motivation at the moment and need a good kick up the bum for sure! I'm down to 11st 5lbs now, and the ultimate goal would be to be 10st. I just can't seem to get motivated, stick to my points and lose those lbs! I have this horrible little voice in one ear saying, well you're only 5lb over weight, it's not exactly that bad, just treat yourself, but then afterwards I get so angry at myself for not sticking to it!!! I just can't seem to win! anyone else struggling also? It doesn't help with the bank holidays starting to arrive either, and everyone at work seems to be buying biscuits - it's just so frustrating...help!!! xsamx

i've had a whole month of this feeling lol!! i'm having my final... 'ahh one more chocolate won't harm' day lol whole fresh start tomorrow!! :) though for past week i have been running every day apart from one rest day so hoping that would help out with the eating rubbish factor lol oops!

Well, I have made a concious decision to get back on it from tomorrow. I did really well last week and lost 2lb, but the amount of food I have consumed this week has meant that will go straight back on... but, I have set a mini goal of reaching 11st for when I go away for the weekend with my friends at the end of June... so, that's roughly half a stone. I am starting tomorrow, no fail, and giving up all things sweet during the week and only allowing a couple of sweet things at the weekend - if i have a sweet thing everyday it just makes me want more more and more!

Back