I need some help

Yasmine

One last chance
My little sis is coming back from the hospital today :D and I need to help her with her meals in order for her to stay healthy and maintain the weight she has lost so far. She has to go back on friday to remove her stitches.

As some of you may know, she is not allowed to have any of the Lipotrim products as they were damaging her kidneys. She started eating on saturday so she couldn't exactly refeed properly. But the foods she was eating were small and quite healthy, she could hardly finish anything anyway.

She has eaten bread on the first and second day and only gained 1lb apparently so it's not too bad. I need to prepare something for her for lunch, it says on days 4-7 she is allowed a sandwhich with low fat fillings and spreads.

What kind of bread and spreads is she allowed?

I've read on the refeeding thread that some people have the Nimble bread. That's low in calories and I really like the wholemeal one.

Hope Naz's recovery is quick and hope she feels a lot better real soon.

Fromage frais as spread?! isn't that yoghurt?! LOL

Sorry I wouldn't know what to recommend as food for Naz Yas, but I'm glad to hear she's coming home .... give her our love!!! x

yeah it is! but it goes well with salad and savoury filling - i spotted it on someone's refeed diary and it's nicer than it sounds!!!

btw yasmine, you look teeny tiny in your avatar - i would kill for those collar bones!!!
x

My little sis is coming back from the hospital today :D and I need to help her with her meals in order for her to stay healthy and maintain the weight she has lost so far. She has to go back on friday to remove her stitches.

As some of you may know, she is not allowed to have any of the Lipotrim products as they were damaging her kidneys. She started eating on saturday so she couldn't exactly refeed properly. But the foods she was eating were small and quite healthy, she could hardly finish anything anyway.

She has eaten bread on the first and second day and only gained 1lb apparently so it's not too bad. I need to prepare something for her for lunch, it says on days 4-7 she is allowed a sandwhich with low fat fillings and spreads.

What kind of bread and spreads is she allowed?

Hi Yasmine
love to your sis and hope she's feeling a bit better now.
The re-feed sheet I have says
Sandwich - no spread of any sort consisting of pickles, fat free mayonnaise, salad/carrot, slice of cold meat (low fat)
So at least she could have ffree mayo

Hope that helps and hope you are ok too and not too stressed :grouphugg:

the nimble bread or weight watchers browns are nice breads. As for the spread, my refeed sheet says no spread for days 4-7. Just pickles, fat free mayo and cold meats(low fat). whatever you give her just make sure it is low fat and low GI. You can give her a bit of fruit at this point as well preferaby in the evening. If she was more than 2 stone over weight then she shouldnt snack yet, just eat 3 meals by the clock...Low fat yogarts and things are ok too. Hope she is feeling better. love to you both.:hug99:

buy the weight watcher bread that is very low and fill it full of salad and slices of chic i think that works out about 110 cals hope she feels better soon xxxx

Hi Yasmin, give our best to Nasreen, we are all thinking of her. I can only suggest lean meats, fish with non-starchy veg and salads. Wholemeal bread, no more that 2 slices a day, unless a small loaf of nimble, then 4 a day. No butter, marge even low-fat. Just maybe spread some low cal salad cream and fill with salad and lean meat or hard-boiled egg and the like. Homemade veg soups and a little fruit every day should still allow her to lose weight. Hope you read my reply about my daughter who made a full recovery after losing an ovary in the same way...she's pregnant with her 1st child! So I hope that can help Nasreen in some small way. You're a lovely, caring big sis, she's very lucky having you there to support her.

Hi yasmin. Sorry hun I cant help with the food as I dont know but hope Nasreen feels better soon.

Thanks everyone, I sent her your love.

I don't know what I'll be able to prepare for her for breakfast since she isn't allowed any of the Lipotrim products. What can she have? is toast allowed with butter? is she allowed ready break? eggs? please get back as soon as possible.

Hi Yasmine, glad to hear Nasreen is on the mend, you are a wonderful nurse looking after her!

Not sure about ideas for breakfast but what about poached egg on toast (no butter)? Or dippy egg and soldiers? Or an omelette, mushroom or pepper or both!!!!! Lean grilled crispy bacon with mushrooms (I like mushrooms - can you tell?!!!!) Hope this gives you some ideas, sorry I can't offer anymore!

x

Hi Yasmine, glad to hear Nasreen is on the mend, you are a wonderful nurse looking after her!

Not sure about ideas for breakfast but what about poached egg on toast (no butter)? Or dippy egg and soldiers? Or an omelette, mushroom or pepper or both!!!!! Lean grilled crispy bacon with mushrooms (I like mushrooms - can you tell?!!!!) Hope this gives you some ideas, sorry I can't offer anymore!

x
Thanks, I try lol.

So basically I should just prepare her healthy breakfasts then? You got some niiiiiiiice ideas though, yum :D
I'm just so worried that she'll balloon up and all her hard work would have been for nothing.

I made her some Special K cereal Original (30g) with semi-skimmed milk (125ml) and a banana. She couldn't finish it though. Is this alright?

Back