I really need to get motivated!!!

108kirsty

Hi

So I thought I'd start a diary as I really need to improve my motivation. I try really, really hard with slimming world for a few days then just eat rubbish because I'm busy or hungry but mainly because I'm bored! You always get told that if you know why you eat it will make it easier to stop. I eat rubbish because I like the taste of it but mainly because I'm bored, sadly knowing this has not yet stopped me.

A bit about me:

I started slimming world this time weighing 14st (my heaviest ever) and I am 5ft4in so my BMI is obese. I have been doing slimming world properly(ish) for about a month and now weigh 13st5lb. I am 27 and married but no children yet. My husband and myself moved to Australia 18 months ago so I can no longer go to a class (slimming world doesn't exist in Australia). I would like to get to target or close before we start trying for a baby at the end of this year but my main target is to be slimmer for our holiday to America in August and also to have finally picked up better eating habits so I can hold back from eating all the yummy but very unhealthy food while we're on holiday.

Australia:

I absolutely LOVE living in this beautiful country. We spend much more time outside enjoying the weather and having barbecues. I've found it a lot harder here to do slimming world as the food is different, there are no muller yoghurts and minimal fat free low sugar alternatives. Some baked beans are syns!! And it's harder to eat out healthily. I thought Australia was a healthy country but I think it's a country of extremes, they are either really excessively exercising and healthy eating or obese. I have found a few alternatives for food but miss some of my staples like quark and low sugar breakfast cereals and cereal bars. We have recently got quorn though which was very exciting!

My journey:
:sigh: :sigh: :sigh:

I go through phases of being really motivated to lose weight and have been on and off slimming world for about 3 years now. I couldn't even find the motivation to lose all of the weight I want before my wedding but I did lose some so I felt a lot better about myself. The problem is I put it all back on and more! I did get down to about 11st 10lb for my wedding which is the lowest I've been in sometime.

My problem now is that when I stick to it I know I can lose the weight but because I've been doing it on/off for so long I'm getting bored and a bit fed up. I really want to get the energy and motivation to lose the weight and keep it off. I feel like I should be exercising but I don't have anyone to go with and so every time I think to go I put it off and just never do.

My aim with this diary is to put some pressure on myself to have to write down what I'm eating and to motivate me to want to push myself, I will try to write here at least 3 times per week. Hopefully I'll be able to!

xx

Ok so today's food has been:

Breakfast: Banana
Lunch: Jacket potato with tuna & Lf cottage cheese (2 syns). Grapes.
Snack: Apple
Dinner: Chilli con carne with rice and ff yoghurt, mini calippo (2.5 syns)

no exercise though yet sadly. x

Back