I think a part of me is afraid to succeed...

ChrissyRiley

Silver Member
I'm loving the plan and really loving my losses, but a part of me saw I was in the 16's this week, and I got a bit scared!
I want to lose the weight, so badly, But a part of me is thinking, what if I get to target and screw it all up and end up back to square 1?
I'm so afraid of that because tbh all my life I've blamed everyone else for my weight, my Mum with her giant portions that I had to finish or I'd be grounded, My grandparent's buying me sweet's and chocolates (not just 1 sweet I'm talking multi-pack's)
I lived on fried chicken and supernoodles when I stayed with the grandparents, that and anything else I could possibly fit inside my ever growing stomach!
And my Mum's meal's where always massive and not very healthy.
So I kind of got used to eating massive portions, and eating a multi-pack of chocolate or crisps was perfectly normal to me.
I'm just terrified that if I succeed, then go back to this I'll have nobody to blame but myself (I dont blame my family as such but even they say it's in part their fault I'm the size I am)

Don't beat yourself up and don't worry about the what ifs, easy said than done im a restarter and I lost and regained because I failed to change te way I thought about food. Yes it will probably be tough, but plenty of people to support you on here and at home :) I am a sweet tooth there's no denying that but I over indulge to feed emotion sometimes but I'm dealing with that, watching supersize superskinny alters the mind, excersise find something you will enjoy build it in as you move up the steps, this is a lifestyle change and can be maintained. If it means getting weighed once a week, to keep an eye on things do that every day on cambridge is another day your in control and your choosing to feed your body healthy, no diets an easy path but do the maintenance and find your calorie amount that keeps you within target, I've seen posts about bmr? I haven't read about it but it might be worth a read :). Keep strong and know that people are here to help :) x

Back