I WANT TO STAND ON THE SCALES

kimberleycandukan

Silver Member
I want to peek.
I'm usually an every day weigher- Dukan encouraged several times a day.
I want to peek I want to peeeeeeeek.

But I said I wouldn't, BUT I WANT TO!!!! ARGHHH. Ok, thats enough. Sorry.

Can someone check my food (its only day 4) any pointers would be great. I NEED to see those numbers go down on Wednesday!!!!! (My first weigh in) Otherwise I will be mortified and never return I think.

200ml orange juice (4 syns)
2 crumpets (9 syns), spread (1 syn), whole can of baked beans

2 apples

cup of tea (1/2 syn)

2 oranges

homemade tomato soup- frylight, onion, tomatoes, basil, sweetener

2 slices 400g wholmeal loaf and 30g cheddar (HEx A&B)

Total- 14.5 syns.

This look ok? Breakfast was late and I ate 2 slices of pizza at about 2am incase it seems like I've not eaten enough...

If you ate pizza how is is 14.5 syns? Dependant upon the pizza that could double or triple it and despite that you are not eating enough. How much water did you drink?

I also did Dukan and find this faaaar less restrictive. I'm unclear what in your list is lunch and what is dinner? Are the apples and oranges snacks or part of meals?? If snacks then there is no super free evident with breakfast or dinner assuming that's the bread and cheese. This isn't like Dukan in that Dukan encourages grazing with the whole don't go more than x amount of hours without food. Slimming world is about three good meals, made up of 1/3 super free AND super free (ideally) or free snacks in between

This need to see the numbers go down is a lot of pressure and you are giving yourself the excuse to walk away....you even say it. Be easier on yourself. :)

Last edited:
have a look at breakfast ideas on the sw website as you've used loads of syns there, and make sure you're getting your superfree, :) x

the pizza was at 2am!! As in last night after a night out! They've been bunged on yesterdays syns all 46 of them (as I had had 2 slices earlier in the evening!) Bingerooni.

I was at a friends last night in London.

She fed me crumpets and beans for breakfast. (at around midday)

I ate fruit on the train.

I had tomato soup and cheese sarnie for dinner. The tomato soup was made from scratch- mega super free.

It was kind of a one off last night. I thought I had done well today to be honest. Especially cooking soup! I'd usually have had another takeaway or a ready meal. Hmmm...
I guess I still gots lots to learn :-S

Thanks for your advice lickthelid. I didn't know the 3 meal thing. The woman at my first meeting on weds said eat as much as you want whenever you want day or night!! Obvs if syn free

Looking at your signature reminds me of my diet hopping. None of them appear to have lasted more than a few months. Slimming world isn't a diet in the same way. It encourages healthy eating for life. You have a goal in mind and that's perfect but try and not be too despondent if you get a blip along the wAy. In the past I would let one set back throw me off and years of wh0ring around with weight watchers, Dukan, Atkins, low gi etcetera paid its price and it took a couple of weeks on slimming world before my metabolism gave up resisting and got on with what I was trying
to do. We are all here for support and I wish you luck for wed!!

Don't weigh yourself Kimberley, I did that and I can't stop it now, it is pure torture getting up on the scales and realising either you haven't lost as much as you thought you had or else you had a gain

DONT DO IT

Thanks for your advice lickthelid. I didn't know the 3 meal thing. The woman at my first meeting on weds said eat as much as you want whenever you want day or night!! Obvs if syn free

i think this CAN be true but makes it much harder to track and keep an eye on your food. The idea is you CAN eat what you want in technically unlimited quantities but that you are supposed to eat only until satisfied. There are no restrictions on weighing therefore BUT it doesn't mean eat freely all day every day because no-one could expect to lose weight like that. It's more about common sense and about finding your natural appetite levels. So many people post about binge eating and so on on here and really SW helps to re-establish a natural eating pattern of meals and superfree (or free as 2nd choice) snacks so you shouldn't ever go hungry and therefore feel the need to binge. Including plenty of fibre and lean protein also naturally suppress the appetite so over time your 'fill level' deceases

I weighed myself. Why oh whyyyyy.
If only I had read your post sooner Orla!

I look forward to establishing a relationship with my own self so that I can know when I am full and so on. Bye bye to the binge

I know lots of people say weighing is bad prior to weight day, but for me I find it useful to weigh myself every day or two, just to see how I am doing. The main reason being that I find if I have put on a lb or 2, I will then watch what I eat and get a loss. Same the following week.

I think the advice from lickthelid is great. In terms of the 3 meals a day. For me, I do have 3 meals a day but, if I have a meal that doesn't have any superfree, such as breakfast cereal and don't feel like anything extra, I will make up the superfree later on as a snack. I find this is fine and still see a loss. You can potentially eat when you want when you want (free food wise), but definitely make sure you get that superfree in and eat proper meals as continuous snacking won't really get you into the habit of a healthy lifestyle and you won't feel full and are therefore more likely to syn I think. I find being on the plan has made me realise when I am actually full, and I can apply this to situations where I eat "syn" foods when out.

I have off days like you did, where I over syn, just get back into a more sensible habit the day after. But I think the plan is easy to keep to once you know the ins and outs of it and what works for you. Meals need some time to prep, although the plan does allow for "quick" food if you don't have the time too. I think maybe looking at your food you could do with some more bulk in your meals, so more veg and potatoes, pasta etc. This will stop the need to eat so often! Although I know you had a weekend off, so don't worry as I am sure you usually do.

If that is all your getting up on the scales for and are prepared for bad news as well as good news then that is fine but not if it is not if you have every finger and toe crossed hoping it will be a loss, my consultant said the same to me and I tried getting rid of the scales but my husband wanted it so it is still in the same place all the time

Hi,

I am a recovering serial weigher! I too did Dukan and got obsessive about weighing but I did lose 20lbs in 8 weeks doing it so it felt normal to be weighing a lot and seeing losses.

Last week I started at 12st6, weighed on thurs at 12st3 and was 100% all week so positive it would be 12st 3 or less, and it wasn't :( 12st4 this morning. Rather demoralising but the lesson is that if I hadn't checked all week and got on this morning I was have been thrilled with 2lbs off and carried on but I felt disappointed and ended up screwing up today and eating freely.

Never mind, 100% for 6 days now til weigh in and I'm sure it will be ok x

Oh MrsB!!! 2lbs is a fantastic loss! I see what happened and I don't want it to happen to me. Lets see if I can go scale free til weigh in on wednesday night.

Eating freely isn't screwing up. Syn it and move on.
I think we may have learned our lesson- even if it is the hard weigh (get it?), hopefully it's learnt.

One good thing from Dukan is that a loss is a loss, no matter how small! I used to rejoice at losing 0.2 of a pound, so you should be over the moon with you 2lb-er this week! Apparently its how much a Malayan Flying Fox weighs- congrats!

Hi, thanks for the reply and encouragement!

I will have a good week and avoid the weigh in until it's official Monday weigh in day... That urge to hop on to check is awful!

I lost weight quickly with Dukan so Re-learning that 1-2 a week is brilliant is quite hard to adjust to.

I have a month in the canaries booked for 29 march so if I can lose 1lb a week until then I will be the weight I want to be.... I must repeat this mantra every day. 1lb a week is what I need to achieve!

A healthy weight loss is 2Ibs a week and if only you saw how much that is in fat :yuk:and the less you lose the easier it is to keep it off and apparently if your as big as me (probably not) but if you lose slowly then you tone at the same time, so far I have gone down 3 dress sizes :bliss:

Oh MrsB!!! 2lbs is a fantastic loss! I see what happened and I don't want it to happen to me. Lets see if I can go scale free til weigh in on wednesday night.

Eating freely isn't screwing up. Syn it and move on.
I think we may have learned our lesson- even if it is the hard weigh (get it?), hopefully it's learnt.

One good thing from Dukan is that a loss is a loss, no matter how small! I used to rejoice at losing 0.2 of a pound, so you should be over the moon with you 2lb-er this week! Apparently its how much a Malayan Flying Fox weighs- congrats!

How did u do Hunni.
I love slimming world
I tend to use my a and b for breakfast
Ryvita crunch fruit x2 and half tub of low low cheese with slices of cucumber tomato and occ beans with slices of banana very yummy and satisfying xx
U can make lots of soups that are packed full of Superfree
I have one with
Carrots onions potato pepper mushroom if u want
And what ever veg u have boil it to death with a chicken stock pot and a veg oxo with 1 chicken breast with water to cover veg
Remove breast and chop into small pieces blend veg and add salt and pepper and chilli if u want then add chicken and cook for couple more mins
Add parsley dried or fresh
Boom lovely soup and costs peanuts
Makes loads xx

I have to literally not look at the scales in the morning when I go into the bathroom, I'm terrible for "I'll just have a quick look". It could be only two days into a diet and up I get, devastated then if I don't see a loss. So now what I do is, weekly weigh in (I'm doing it solo at home) Monday morning and then I'll have a little check on Thursday morning to see the progression. The only downside is that if the Thursday weigh in doesn't show a loss, I'm always tempted so say "sod this, pass the chips". I found the last time I did Slimming World I generally lost every two weeks and I lost a stone in 8 weeks so I'm remembering that this time around so hopefully the bad weeks won't put me off!

I weigh myself Monday and Tuesday morning only, have to discipline myself as I too would love to get up on the scales half way through the week (weigh in Tuesday so half way is Friday) but I do this because then I can do something about my body magic and my eating too and often it could be the half pound that gets me an award of some sort.

Back