I will never eat pizza again !!!

I've seen it a couple of times now and I'm on the it hasn't put me off team as well, I very rarely eat pizza now (well most of us don't on here lol) but I think I had 3 pizza's last year, everything in moderation and we all know pizza is fatty.

It's like the advert they used to have showing someone drinking veg oil and saying that's how much is in a years worth of crisps, yes drinking veg oil would be gross, but crisps taste nice

eeewww made me feel sick seeing that!!

(whats the reipe for potato base pizza :confused:please)x

Did that to me too.

Ingredients

Base
50g smash
sprinkling mixed herbs
small clove garlic, crushed
Topping
Tomato Pasata
Oregano
42g mozarella (HEXA), I chopped this into pizza express style chunks, but could also grate
Free toppings of your choice (e.g. sweetcorn, onions, chicken, ham, peppers, etc)

Method

1. Spray a pizza tray with fry light
  2. Mix the smash, herbs and garlic with boiling water. Add the water a few drops at a time, and mix until you have a dough. Be really careful not to make it too watery - this makes it sticky, which was my first problem
  3. Use your hands to flatten the smash mixture onto the pizza tray - try and get it as thin as possible without it falling apart
  4. Bake in the oven for about 10 minutes, until crispy on one side. Turn over then bake on the other side for 5 minutes
  5. Add the pasata, mozarella, oregano and toppings
  6. Pop back in the oven until the cheese has melted

I've seen it a couple of times now and I'm on the it hasn't put me off team as well, I very rarely eat pizza now (well most of us don't on here lol) but I think I had 3 pizza's last year, everything in moderation and we all know pizza is fatty.

It's like the advert they used to have showing someone drinking veg oil and saying that's how much is in a years worth of crisps, yes drinking veg oil would be gross, but crisps taste nice

Yuk !!!!

The thought of smash based pizza makes me feel more sick than that advert!

That is exactly how it made me feel but this potato base bears no resemblance what- so - ever to reconstituted potato as it is so thin and has added flavour and is baked until it is crispy.

Try it you might be pleasantly surprised like I was.

That is exactly how it made me feel but this potato base bears no resemblance what- so - ever to reconstituted potato as it is so thin and has added flavour and is baked until it is crispy.

Try it you might be pleasantly surprised like I was.

I was imagining the base as quite soft, like burned mashed potato!
I suppose it would be ok if it was crispy. I might just try it one day!

I was imagining the base as quite soft, like burned mashed potato!
I suppose it would be ok if it was crispy. I might just try it one day!

Done properly it cookslike a thin and crispy base. Hubby, who loves pizza but doesn't need SW or any other diet ( grrrrrrr)
really enjoys it.

The secret is not to add to much water and press it out thin,thin.I cook it on baking paper so it does not stick.

Did that to me too.

Ingredients

Base
50g smash
sprinkling mixed herbs
small clove garlic, crushed
Topping
Tomato Pasata
Oregano
42g mozarella (HEXA), I chopped this into pizza express style chunks, but could also grate
Free toppings of your choice (e.g. sweetcorn, onions, chicken, ham, peppers, etc)

Method

1. Spray a pizza tray with fry light
  2. Mix the smash, herbs and garlic with boiling water. Add the water a few drops at a time, and mix until you have a dough. Be really careful not to make it too watery - this makes it sticky, which was my first problem
  3. Use your hands to flatten the smash mixture onto the pizza tray - try and get it as thin as possible without it falling apart
  4. Bake in the oven for about 10 minutes, until crispy on one side. Turn over then bake on the other side for 5 minutes
  5. Add the pasata, mozarella, oregano and toppings
  6. Pop back in the oven until the cheese has melted

Thanks!

Back