IBS and bananas

Galifreyan

Hey everyone,

I was diagnosed with IBS (irritable bowel syndrome) 9 years ago, certain foods made me ill.

The list could of foods I can't eat is long but I've learnt to control it, avoid the foods that bring on an attack, tried loads of tablets shop bought and prescribed but didn't like any of them.

Anyway I've been discussing my weight loss and exercise plan with my doctor and I told him that I really miss bananas, especially before the gym for energy and he suggested trying some of the foods I had problems with as IBS intolerances can change, I didn't realise this I just thought my list of foods I couldn't eat was gettin longer.

It took me a month to work up the courage to eat a banana as the pain I used to get from one was terrible BUT I've had 2 this week, no prob's! Can't believe, how sad that I'm excited about eating a banana, next week I'm going to try oranges, they used to make me as ill as bananas.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using MiniMins

Hi, I was wondering what exactly IBS is? I hear so many people on here who suffer with it. Are onions a common food for an IBS sufferer to be allergic to?

xxx

I've never had a problem with them personally but many people do, onions can cause a gas build up which is what can become painful.

IBS can affect people differently, it either makes you go to the toilet a lot or makes you constitpated (too much info lol).

I'm the latter so have to make sure I eat a good diet to help me 'go' lol

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using MiniMins

Back