Iceland and slimming world

You know what really makes me laugh about all this fuss is that some people use their SYNS on utter crap. Sweets, crisps, chocolate and the like. That is fine, people can use them how they see fit and if that keeps them on plan, so be it but I don't see anyone having digs at that!! Personally I use mine on mayo, gravy and wine :)
Eating FREE frozen foods does seem to be a problem for others though and I just don't get it!! lol

I have never used a HEX A when making a Pasta and Sauce, just use water....wouldn't ever waste precious milk in something like that. I don't know anyone that would!!

I follow sp so don't eat these but my understanding was if its not made as intended it's a tweak. And therefore not free, we've always been told these are self limited by making them with milk. But again things like tweaks are personal choice, it's just interesting to see how other ppl achieve their goals. :)

You know what really makes me laugh about all this fuss is that some people use their SYNS on utter crap. Sweets, crisps, chocolate and the like. That is fine, people can use them how they see fit and if that keeps them on plan, so be it but I don't see anyone having digs at that!! Personally I use mine on mayo, gravy and wine :) Eating FREE frozen foods does seem to be a problem for others though and I just don't get it!! lol

What do
You mean by fuss. No one causing a fuss. It's a discussion there's no right or wrong answer. My friend follows her own diet and eats things I wouldn't be ok eating on sw, on reverse she thinks it's crazy that you can eat unlimited foods.
Doesn't stop us discussing each of our plans and goals. :)

I follow sp so don't eat these but my understanding was if its not made as intended it's a tweak. And therefore not free, we've always been told these are self limited by making them with milk. But again things like tweaks are personal choice, it's just interesting to see how other ppl achieve their goals. :)

Well 'Ive heard it all now!! Substituting water for milk is not a tweak!! Its made exactly the same and eaten as intended but without milk!!!!!Seriously....???? I would be questioning your consultant...she has some odd advice!!

They do well our consultant does. And pasta n sauce is limited anyway by virtue of needing a hexa to make it.

And the movement to the sp plan certainly does show sw are shifting the ethos of eat as much free as you like as on sp the idea of free food is very limited.

Food is only free under certain rules, 1/3 speed and stop eating when you are full. And even then ppl don't always loose and are advised to cut back on free and up there speed.

Though anyone who does it these everyday please do let us know on losses, it's s really interesting discussion and no one knows unless they did just eat these as to what would happen.

You don't use a HEX A to make Pasta and Sauce if you make it with water, which is what I have always done. I have lost 8.5 stone following the Green plan and have maintained for almost 2 years by sticking to it so I think I have a little insight into what works for me, which is why I will continue to eat these SW ready meals/Pasta and Sauce/ Batchelor's Savoury Rice etc as part of my balanced diet.

Your first sentence highlights what I think is wrong with the SW business- Consultants seem to vary wildly from group to group, sometimes giving their own opinions out with no actual backing from SW Head Office. Until SW release an announcement stating that these meals (and other ready meals) should be aproached with caution and only eaten under certain circumstances, then I will continue to eat and enjoy them with gay abandon.

I also don't understand (as others have said) why people are getting so upset about what other people are eating!

You don't use a HEX A to make Pasta and Sauce if you make it with water, which is what I have always done. I have lost 8.5 stone following the Green plan and have maintained for almost 2 years by sticking to it so I think I have a little insight into what works for me, which is why I will continue to eat these SW ready meals/Pasta and Sauce/ Batchelor's Savoury Rice etc as part of my balanced diet.

Your first sentence highlights what I think is wrong with the SW business- Consultants seem to vary wildly from group to group, sometimes giving their own opinions out with no actual backing from SW Head Office. Until SW release an announcement stating that these meals (and other ready meals) should be aproached with caution and only eaten under certain circumstances, then I will continue to eat and enjoy them with gay abandon.

I also don't understand (as others have said) why people are getting so upset about what other people are eating!

Amen to that ^^^^^

You know what really makes me laugh about all this fuss is that some people use their SYNS on utter crap. Sweets, crisps, chocolate and the like. That is fine, people can use them how they see fit and if that keeps them on plan, so be it but I don't see anyone having digs at that!! Personally I use mine on mayo, gravy and wine :) Eating FREE frozen foods does seem to be a problem for others though and I just don't get it!! lol

Who said it was a problem? Or had digs?
Ppl are discussing these because it was a big thing for sw to go into the ready made market having always been big promoters of cooking from scratch. That's given a platform for ppl to have a discussion about pros cons, losses, gains,

Good reasons bad reasons, positives negatives.
It's all about talking about what works, for each other that's what forums are. No one is right or wrong

My consultant also advises against using syns on food that contains elements of free food on sp.

But no one here is upset. Every point that everyone raises is valid and neither right or wrong.

This is a forum we all take an interest in what each other is eating and that is why we are all members of the forum isn't it?

A tweak would be a smash pizza or making own crisps.. Not using milk in a pasta sauce, well that's a new one, I wonder if it's the same if you don't use butter ;)

Well 'Ive heard it all now!! Substituting water for milk is not a tweak!! Its made exactly the same and eaten as intended but without milk!!!!!Seriously....???? I would be questioning your consultant...she has some odd advice!!

It's what I've always been told, same stance with rice pudding. Pudding rice is only free made as intended with
Milk. When someone was eating it made with water/cream soda etc the stance was its a tweak. It's intended to be made with milk and therefore is self limiting.

I'm only saying what I've been advised. I'm sorry your getting so
Upset but that is what I have been told.

Who said it was a problem? Or had digs?
Ppl are discussing these because it was a big thing for sw to go into the ready made market having always been big promoters of cooking from scratch. That's given a platform for ppl to have a discussion about pros cons, losses, gains,

Good reasons bad reasons, positives negatives.
It's all about talking about what works, for each other that's what forums are. No one is right or wrong

But they haven't always been big promoters of cooking from scratch! I'm not sure how long you have followed SW but be advised, the plan has not always been about cooking from scratch and still isn't as far as I'm concerned all the time they have a Syn Directory filled with convenience foods!

Personally, I cook from scratch most days but then I don't make my own sausages...so is that wrong? Are they classed as convenience foods? Yes they are but no one discusses that!!

It's what I've always been told, same stance with rice pudding. Pudding rice is only free made as intended with
Milk. When someone was eating it made with water/cream soda etc the stance was its a tweak. It's intended to be made with milk and therefore is self limiting.

I'm only saying what I've been advised. I'm sorry your getting so
Upset but that is what I have been told.

Im not getting upset....I'm having a discussion.

I popped in to see the reaction to the meals here and was a bit disappointed the past two or so pages have been filled with things that aren't critiquing them. Thanks to those that did mention something about the taste and value of the foods, but I think I'll stick to the one in general discussion which seems a bit less like a war zone!

A tweak would be a smash pizza or making own crisps.. Not using milk in a pasta sauce, well that's a new one, I wonder if it's the same if you don't use butter ;)

No a tweak is using any free food, not made by or used in the way it is intended.

By making a pasta in sauce with water, ur altering the way it is made in order to make a limited food unlimited free food and potentially over eat. This is what I've been told and I agree sw downfall in leaders interpretation.

I went to one meeting for them to tell ppl not to exercise it makes you gain on scales. Total utter nonsense and very ill informed.

No a tweak is using any free food, not made by or used in the way it is intended. By making a pasta in sauce with water, ur altering the way it is made in order to make a limited food unlimited free food and potentially over eat. This is what I've been told and I agree sw downfall in leaders interpretation. I went to one meeting for them to tell ppl not to exercise it makes you gain on scales. Total utter nonsense and very ill informed.

Yes which is what I made reference too hun in smash pizza, what you are saying I afraid I just totally disagree with! But everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I have been to 6 different Sw groups and more than one actually spoke about saving syns or your hex a and by not using milk.

I popped in to see the reaction to the meals here and was a bit disappointed the past two or so pages have been filled with things that aren't critiquing them. Thanks to those that did mention something about the taste and value of the foods, but I think I'll stick to the one in general discussion which seems a bit less like a war zone!

I have given my opinion of the Chicken Tikka masala, not sure if its on this thread or the other one.

I have also tried the sausages this morning and have to agree with others...they really don't taste any different to other low synned ones but as they are totally free, I'll probably have them again.

I have given my opinion of the Chicken Tikka masala, not sure if its on this thread or the other one. I have also tried the sausages this morning and have to agree with others...they really don't taste any different to other low synned ones but as they are totally free, I'll probably have them again.

Did you find the sausages dry? I have seen a few reviews saying that they are, but still taste good x

But they haven't always been big promoters of cooking from scratch! I'm not sure how long you have followed SW but be advised, the plan has not always been about cooking from scratch and still isn't as far as I'm concerned all the time they have a Syn Directory filled with convenience foods! Personally, I cook from scratch most days but then I don't make my own sausages...so is that wrong? Are they classed as convenience foods? Yes they are but no one discusses that!!

I'm
Not going to say again, no one has said anything is right or wrong. Please discuss things on the forum politely everyone has a right to a view, a suggestion and to offer up there advice, guidance and support. No one is saying they or others have to agree, listen or take it on board it's simply a discussion.

Ppl can follow weight watchers and eat a McDonald's once a day for all I
Mind, but there would be plenty of ppl to offer advice and support on if this was good thing or not.

Please don't keep saying that ppl are having digs or right or wrong because no one is. It's just a point of discussion :) x

Did you find the sausages dry? I have seen a few reviews saying that they are, but still taste good x

They were a little dry.....but then I think low synned ones are because of having less fat. The texture really reminded me of Quorn sauasges, if you've ever had them? But they had more flavour than Quorn in my opinion.
I had them with breakfast...I think they could be quite nice as a dinner with lots of gravy or in a casserole ;)

Back