Iceland and slimming world

They were a little dry.....but then I think low synned ones are because of having less fat. The texture really reminded me of Quorn sauasges, if you've ever had them? But they had more flavour than Quorn in my opinion. I had them with breakfast...I think they could be quite nice as a dinner with lots of gravy or in a casserole ;)
No not tried quorn, I don't have sausages often but when I do I have them in a casserole, or with a breakfast so probably some juices around to help with the dryness. Think I might wait hill all the excitement has died down, it sounds to crazy in our local Icelands for my liking x

Whoops forgot to say I usually just syn sausages

No not tried quorn, I don't have sausages often but when I do I have them in a casserole, or with a breakfast so probably some juices around to help with the dryness. Think I might wait hill all the excitement has died down, it sounds to crazy in our local Icelands for my liking x

Whoops forgot to say I usually just syn sausages

Yes I agree...some things are worth synning!!!

Yes which is what I made reference too hun in smash pizza, what you are saying I afraid I just totally disagree with! But everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I have been to 6 different Sw groups and more than one actually spoke about saving syns or your hex a and by not using milk.

Do you go to a current group? Everyone gets different info, at one point tweaks were always allowed, and slowly the advice has changed. And more so with the new sp plan which really has totally taken a whole new stance on "free" food.

My consultant has a stance on synning on sp plan that not all members follow.

Do you go to a current group? Everyone gets different info, at one point tweaks were always allowed, and slowly the advice has changed. And more so with the new sp plan which really has totally taken a whole new stance on "free" food. My consultant has a stance on synning on sp plan that not all members follow.

I do indeed, and I've had the same advice in different towns, it certainly seems to be consistent in Yorkshire, that not using milk in a pasta n sauce isn't a tweak..

I expected it to be crazy/mayhem in my local Iceland when I went yesterday, but it was actually empty! They had nearly all of the SW range in too (disappointed the potato curry wasn't there). I think Iceland must have stocked up and been prepared for the high demand. Could be different in others though? I did get some sausages... not tried them yet. I do prefer the WW sausages over the quorn ones though

It's the potato curry that I want to try, but the nearest one to me is a good 10-15 min drive and a bit out of the way so wouldn't be happy to trek out and not get any haha

I expected it to be crazy/mayhem in my local Iceland when I went yesterday, but it was actually empty! They had nearly all of the SW range in too (disappointed the potato curry wasn't there). I think Iceland must have stocked up and been prepared for the high demand. Could be different in others though?

I did get some sausages... not tried them yet. I do prefer the WW sausages over the quorn ones though

Yes, I actually think WW sausages are quite good for the syns.

SW confirmed to me earlier, that the chicken tikka masala, sweet potato curry, chicken pizzaoli, sausages and meatballs are all gluten free 
For those of you with access to the members area of the SW website there is page about the Iceland foods with some Qs&As
http://group.slimmingworld.com/useful-features/iceland.aspx
The fisrt Q is about gulten/allergens etc which is very useful/
If you don't have access then this is a table of suitability of the products
Iceland Ready Meals Table.jpg

I went yesterday and picked up a load, they had run out of sausages and the noodles, the lady at the till said it had been mad all week, that they'd been filling up the freezer constantly and it's never enough! She said she'd never seen anything like it, haha.

Think i'm going to try the Chicken Tikka tonight :)

Has anyone managed to buy the meatballs in a bag yet?
Please let me know what these are like when you do.
I'm in Spain - but we have Iceland and they have said they will try to get some in - and I love my meatballs Italian style in pizzaola sauce :)
So it will be good to have some syn free meatballs in the freezer.

From the reviews I've seen on the Iceland website the salmon and beef ones seem to be getting good reviews.
I enjoy cooking - and I was very sceptical to start with - but it seems that SW & Iceland have got it right (apart from the sausages by the sound of it)
So I may just stock a few for those days when I've got a late meeting and cba to cook!

Has anyone managed to buy the meatballs in a bag yet? Please let me know what these are like when you do. I'm in Spain - but we have Iceland and they have said they will try to get some in - and I love my meatballs Italian style in pizzaola sauce :) So it will be good to have some syn free meatballs in the freezer. From the reviews I've seen on the Iceland website the salmon and beef ones seem to be getting good reviews. I enjoy cooking - and I was very sceptical to start with - but it seems that SW & Iceland have got it right (apart from the sausages by the sound of it) So I may just stock a few for those days when I've got a late meeting and cba to cook!

I've heard mixed reviews but they are looking a whole heap better than any other ready
Meal, I think it's because there not laden in thin watery sauces which never transpire well in a frozen meal.. I still can't bring myself to have them purely because of the connection with Iceland which is my personal view but I am delighted they are not laden with additives.

I think sausages are hard to get any better because they are traditionally so laden in fat they will not taste like normal sausages.

Meatballs in the meal look
A bit grey, if your buying the bags id say they need a bit of browning off to get some colour to
Them. Please let us know how you get on over in Spain.

The portion look
Huge, I feel full just
Looking at
Some of the portions I've seen. I am looking forward to hearing everyone views on them.

Has anyone managed to buy the meatballs in a bag yet?
Please let me know what these are like when you do.
I'm in Spain - but we have Iceland and they have said they will try to get some in - and I love my meatballs Italian style in pizzaola sauce :)
So it will be good to have some syn free meatballs in the freezer.

From the reviews I've seen on the Iceland website the salmon and beef ones seem to be getting good reviews.
I enjoy cooking - and I was very sceptical to start with - but it seems that SW & Iceland have got it right (apart from the sausages by the sound of it)
So I may just stock a few for those days when I've got a late meeting and cba to cook!

I'm like you...I actually enjoy cooking, especially if I have a glass of wine on the go! ;) But sometimes, just sometimes, its nice to have something you can get out of the freezer and bung in the oven or microwave.

I haven't been able to get hold of much in the way of the new meals. I popped to Iceland on Wednesday afternoon and was faced with an almost empty freezer...not surprising really! They did have some of the pasta and noodle meals there but I wanted the meatballs, sausages and chicken tikka masala and so did everyone else, it seems! I did manage to get the chicken tikka. Then my husband popped in there yesterday morning when he was out and about and he said the freezer was completely empty but they said to go back after 3..which he did, bless him and that's when he managed to get the sausages!! A lot of effort just for some sausages!! lol
I will get some meat balls when they are available, just to try but to be honest, they are really easy to make aren't they? Probably out of all the new meals, they are the simplest ones to throw together.

Has anyone had the noodles? They are getting good reviews but can anyone tell me if the prawns poo shoots are removed out the prawn, I'm hopeless at stir fries so this is one takes my fancy but only if the prawn has been prepped. Did anyone notice?

Has anyone had the noodles? They are getting good reviews but can anyone tell me if the prawns poo shoots are removed out the prawn, I'm hopeless at stir fries so this is one takes my fancy but only if the prawn has been prepped. Did anyone notice?

I've had them. The sauce was nice but the noodles had a funny too soft texture and were overly thick. The prawns are just little despite it saying king prawns so too small for poop shoots to be visible

Have you tried the quorn swedish meatballs? They're free and are yummy if you still struggle to get the SW ones over there x

Oh how I wish I could !!!! All they have in my Spanish Iceland is Quorn mince and sausages and I find them both yukky.
But thanks for the thought

Last edited:
I thought they would of used British meat. :)
My consultant said last night that they actually have been off sourcing sweet potatoes in Spain or the like and that they will be "only the best ingredients".

Someone posted a link to a video on the other fred - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeEkjXyWLlQ
It's under 3 minutes and an interesting watch.

Margaret Miles-Bramwell (SW Supremo) & Nigel Broadhurst (the Joint MD of Iceland) both state that they have searched for quality ingredients throughout the world.
Margaret Miles-Bramwell also elaborates on when she thinks they are useful and can be used - although cooking from scratch is still at the heart of SW Food Optimising.

Back