I'm a Total Newbie

ams

Hi everyone, i'm Anne-Marie and i'm a total newbie to Slimming World as well as these boards. I started Slimming World on Sunday and have lost 4lbs already. I have tried WW for the past 14 years on and off and managed to lose 2 1/2 stones but have stuck at this weight for ages. So I decided to try SW.
Finding it OK so far, but do keep getting a bit stuck, mainly for new ideas as I dont eat any red meat only white.
So if anyone has any great tips for me on anything to do with SW they would be greatfully accepted!!!
:D

Welcome to minimins! I've only been on here for a few weeks but have found it really useful. There are loads of really yummy ideas and everyone is really nice and helpful. Anything your not sure of, just ask. There is always someone who knows the answer. Good luck with your weight loss.
Sian. x

Thanks you too! I'm hoping to use these boards for help as I'm not attending a SW class but going it alone!

Welcome Anne-Marie. You will find the forums really useful - there is loads of great advice and inspiration here. Try searching various threads because there are loads of recipes, tips and just general discussion.

I also recommend if you are doing it alone at home, body optimise website. It costs about the same as class (I think) but has loads of recipes, syns calculator etc and prompts you to weigh in every week. I have been doing this at home (for a combination of reasons) and have found it really focuses my efforts to have to enter my weight every week (even though there is no-one else to see that except me !). (I'm not on commission - it's just worked so well for me !!!)

Good luck and hope to see you around here !

Gail x

welcome to the boards and SW - hope you do exceptionally well and get to target as planned. Keep posting and let us know how you are doing.

Best Wishes

Gilly x

Welcome:)

Have a look through peoples food diaries, or look at the recipe section, even the meals that are red meat could be substituted for white meat and there are some really yummy things in there.

Hi :) I am quite new to the boards as well and I can honestly say it has been a life saver!

I started going through the photo thread for ideas, then the recipe threads and went from there :)
I also fill my food diary out as a reference point for how I have been doing and to comment on recipes I have made. Everyone is really friendly so I am sure you will soon be addicted - I even have the app on my phone :eek:

Back