I'm back. Inchloss here I come:)

Dan8317

Hey all,

Well after messing round the last few months going from one diet to another I have decided that rc is what's going to work for me and starting tomorrow. Recently I've gone from ww, cc and sw then back again and getting nowhere fast.

Unfortunately there isn't a group by me so going it alone and will need all the support I can get to stop me switching again.

Hopefully we can try and get a few more people using this forum as it is very quiet but to keep me motivated will probably have a nosey on the cc one aswel. Well hope to hear from you and wish me luck, I definately need it lol.

Good luck on your journeys,
Dan x

Well weighed myself this morning and its surprisingly less than I thought:) so my starting weight is 15st 5lbs. Will update stats when on my laptop as can't do it on my phone.

I know its only the first day but so far so good. I have resisted the urge to change already when a chocolate craving kicked in and I thought to myself if I was on ww I could have that. Thing is that little piece of chocolate would lead to me eating my points in it within the hour! Hence why I'm back to rc, the way the cals are structured helps to control my binges and doesn't have me thinking about food all the time. I eat my cals for the meal I'm on then piece of fruit in between and don't have to think about it til the next meal time. I'm hoping that after a little while this diet will just become my normal way of eating because I know that I couldn't count points or syns forever at least with cals they're just on the back of the pack:)

Would love to hear from people and how they're getting on even if not on rc as I need as much support as I can get.

Good luck on your journeys,
Dan x

Hi Dan,

Well done with resisting! I prefer RC, I haven't done WW for a long time, I did SW last year but I was too greedy and would eat too much free food!! The number of times stood in the supermarket with low signal trying to find out the syns drove me nuts as well, I much prefer being able to look at the labels and decide.

x

Hi ange_s,

I was to greedy for sw to and because I'm a veggie often felt abit like carb overload with all the rice, pasta potatoes etc. I'm really hoping that this time I can get my head in the right place and stop this switching behavior because I'm getting nowhere:(

I'm thinking about starting a food diary but bit worried that no one will comment so will feel abit like talking to myself. Saying that if it keeps me on track then don't see the harm.

Good luck on your journey,
Dan x

hi dan hows it going?

ive also been on a million diets, but like you said its easier on rc because you dont have to think about it; its give you more control i think.
ive said the same thing to you in my diary, but i think the food diary is definately a good idea to keep on track, its nice to see hows others are getting on and im sure people will be interested- no one commented on my old one for a while lol but it still helps to write things down to keep you on track and it can motivate others as well- i love having a nosy through other peoples lol

good luck x

Just wanted to share my thoughts on the other slimming classes, especially SW!. I have done RC a long time ago, I was 18 yrs old back in 1997, and joined a class near me. I lost 2.5 stones in 11 months! I was happy with my weight then, went from size 18 to size 14 clothes so I stopped going. I did put on a little weight over the years but was always the same dress size. I joined RC again in 2006 but at a different group, the nearest one to me closed down. I wanted to lose half a stone, and I did, but I found I was hungry sometimes and the travel to/from class was a hassle as it was further away, and tiring so I left after almost a year and joined the gym instead, I was good in keeping the weight off as I went gym 2 or 3 times a week and I enjoyed it. I hardly gained and was happy with my weight.

I quit the gym the membership price had gone up, so I joined SW in 2008, hoping to lose the half a stone I put on since leaving the gym (maybe a few more lbs if all went well). But having done that for a year, I did lose the 7 lbs but that went back on very easily. I didnt lose went I did go to SW, compared to other members, because like you, I was over eating on the carbs and some weeks I put on! Also, there seemed to be a lot of competition between members, and since some of them are soo large, they can easily shed a few lbs each week??, whereas me, I be lucky to lose 1 lbs! I weight about 11 stones then. I tried SW again, same group, in 2011, but after a few months quit , hardly lost anything (I was going travelling in 2012 anyway)

So I am back from my travels, and now considering going back to RC, since I was the most successful in losing weight. There isnt a class to me anymore, so I have bought the GI Jeans diet book (a few years old but was cheap buy on amazon). I think RC is much better, since you can easily look up calories anywhere, and if you make your own meals, you can add them up and get your total calorie intake right? I know it takes a little more work than WW or SW, counting calories, but in the long run, its easier, than looking up points or syn values!

Has anyone tried the GI diet book? is it any good, bad etc?
thanks

I have also just returned to rc, i lost 2.5 stone on it 4 years ago but then fell pregnant with twins, well they are 2yrs old now and i have tried many diets including lipotrim lost 19lb but since march i have regained the 19lb id lost plus additional stone have been trying sw the past 3 weeks wk1 i sts wk2 i lost 1.5lb and wk3 ii sts, it wasn't as well s rc does for me so was time to come home to what i know. how are you doing

Hey all,

Well I'm back AGAIN :( well actually starting in the morning and dreading getting on the scales. Like I've said previously there's no club by me so having to go it alone which is why I find it so hard and switch back and forth to different diet clubs. I have to change this behaviour as I really am sick of the way I look and of how much thinking about food and diets take over my life.

Well I've dusted my inchloss book off, got the portion pots and cal book out and I'm good to go. Hopefully there will be some people out there still on rc as this seems to be a quiet forum and would love to hear from you.

Dan x

Good luck for tomorrow. I'm doing exante at the mo but hopefully I a few weeks rc is something I may look into although I currently have no idea how it works!

Back