I'm covered in a rash

Discussion in 'Lipotrim Forum' started by Lou, 25 May 2009 Social URL.

1. Lou

Lou Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st1lb
    Current Weight:
    14st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.32%)
    Diet:
    W8
    Nothing to do with this diet thankfully, but I've developed an allergy to Piz Buin Sun Tan lotion. I'm really anal about suntan lotion as I hate burning/damaging my skin, I also lecture everyone else to death about it until they slap spf30 minimum on:D.

Do any of you know of any hypoallergenic suncreams that I could use instead?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Elle-Emm

Elle-Emm Gold Member

Start Weight:
    19st7lb
    Current Weight:
    11st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    8st5lb(42.86%)
    Diet:
    Lipotrim
    i don't know of any for sure but i'd imagine the Clinique range is hypo allergenic, and Simple too. But there's bound to be plenty in supermarkets, Boots and Superdrug.

4. Naya19

Naya19 ..doing it!

Start Weight:
    14st7.0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st6.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0.0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st1lb(21.18%)
    Diet:
    Exante :)
    Hey :wavey:

Sorry to hear about your allergic reaction :(

Even though i am mixed-raced i am extremely careful about my sensitive skin.

Last year I was advised by a work mate to use the Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF55 (for the face) OMG it was brill!!! Its non-greasy, and is dermatology recommended.

I went to the Philippines with my best mate for a month last march, it was hotter than when i went to west africa!! I used it every day with no probs, esp with sweat! And since then have been able to use it under make up back here, which for me is a godsend! Wouldnt go out without some make up on! :eek: Yep im a just lil vain ;)

For my body i use Ultrasun Very High All Day Protection: Super Sensitive SPF28 (though u can get a higher SPF also). Its great because u only need to apply it once a day. Its water resistant so its great for holiday/swimming/sports etc. I got mine from QVC and ebay.

Ohhh and i always use either Liz Earle Botanical Aftersun or SBC Aloe Vera Gel which is soo soothing and hydrating for my sensitive skin :cool:

I hope that this has helped somewhat :)

:bestwishes:

Lei xxx

5. Lou

Lou Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st1lb
    Current Weight:
    14st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.32%)
    Diet:
    W8
    Thanks ladies, that's a great help. Once this rash clears up I'll do some skin test patches with your recommendations :)

6. poppy100

poppy100 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    21st11lb
    Current Weight:
    21st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    16st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(3.61%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    sorry to hear abot your allergy. i know it might seem silly but have you thought of looking at any of the ranges that are suitable for children or babies. just thinking they may be ok for you. my 16 year old is very sensitive so we use some baby range stuff at boots and she has been ok. clearly she doesn't advertise tha fact herself - teenager and rhat lol

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.