I'm covered in a rash

Lou

Silver Member
Nothing to do with this diet thankfully, but I've developed an allergy to Piz Buin Sun Tan lotion. I'm really anal about suntan lotion as I hate burning/damaging my skin, I also lecture everyone else to death about it until they slap spf30 minimum on:D.

Do any of you know of any hypoallergenic suncreams that I could use instead?

i don't know of any for sure but i'd imagine the Clinique range is hypo allergenic, and Simple too. But there's bound to be plenty in supermarkets, Boots and Superdrug.

Hey :wavey:

Sorry to hear about your allergic reaction :(

Even though i am mixed-raced i am extremely careful about my sensitive skin.

Last year I was advised by a work mate to use the Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF55 (for the face) OMG it was brill!!! Its non-greasy, and is dermatology recommended.

I went to the Philippines with my best mate for a month last march, it was hotter than when i went to west africa!! I used it every day with no probs, esp with sweat! And since then have been able to use it under make up back here, which for me is a godsend! Wouldnt go out without some make up on! :eek: Yep im a just lil vain ;)

For my body i use Ultrasun Very High All Day Protection: Super Sensitive SPF28 (though u can get a higher SPF also). Its great because u only need to apply it once a day. Its water resistant so its great for holiday/swimming/sports etc. I got mine from QVC and ebay.

Ohhh and i always use either Liz Earle Botanical Aftersun or SBC Aloe Vera Gel which is soo soothing and hydrating for my sensitive skin :cool:

I hope that this has helped somewhat :)

:bestwishes:

Lei xxx

Thanks ladies, that's a great help. Once this rash clears up I'll do some skin test patches with your recommendations :)

sorry to hear abot your allergy. i know it might seem silly but have you thought of looking at any of the ranges that are suitable for children or babies. just thinking they may be ok for you. my 16 year old is very sensitive so we use some baby range stuff at boots and she has been ok. clearly she doesn't advertise tha fact herself - teenager and rhat lol

Back