Vegetarian I'm doing 5:2, in for the long haul!

Hellooo

How you doing? Hope it's all going ok. I lost 1.5lb this week, so you're right - the drink/kebab was ok! woohoo xx

hello, sorry forgot to post my weigh in yesterday. 2Lbs more off which is great.it's where I want to be and 1-2 pounds a week is how I want to do it.
very strange as I've been off all week and been extremely lazy. None of those walks came good!
Back to walking to and from work next week hurrah!

Thats great news Sharon, keep it going! x
Levin

Levin said:
2Lbs more off which is great.

You are doing great. Well done on your losses so far Levin. I keep seeing peeps losses on 5:2 and although I am cool with alternate days it's still tempting me to give it a go. x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hello! Weigh-in time this morning, 3lbs this week which is very very cool :)

I'm convinced Im just not eating that much and yet having whatever I want, I just don't want it so much anymore. Brain training without really trying !

yesterday's DD was so hard at one point. Having not eaten since Weds evening someone at work gifted me a box of homemade cookies made to a special recipe from their country... I was so pleased to get them I had one with her (would have been seriously rude not to!) but then that totally ruined my fast! had to hide them away and not take them home because trust me they would all have disappeared.

Im secretly waiting for that "ooh you've lost weight" comment... at the moment my clothes just fit better. I have only done 4 weeks though, excited about what the end of Feb, march April, May and this Summer will bring as I shrink a little more each week!

Hope everyone here is feeling good! Levin x

Hello hello. Friday weigh in time.
This morning I was down 4 pounds. I was shocked! Five weeks into this and since Jan 14th (my first fast day) I am down from 18 st 6 to 17 st 3. My trousers are starting to slip a bit too. Need to get a tape to start measuring myself as it must be inches by now.
I really do stick to my fasts almost religiously and eat far far less on up days. I'm using fitness pal to count calories out of interest but it doesn't stop me from having whatever I fancy. This has been a real education for me. This danish pastry I had was a massive 415 calories!! Almost an entire fast day! I still had it but that has become once a week whereas it used to be once a day!

I am more than sticking to this. I am loving it!

Having a glass or two of red wine tonight and a trip to london tomorrow.
hoping everyone else is having a great weekend!

Levin x

Last edited:
Hello good evening!

Weigh in again and one lb off this week. Much less than before but still great! I was quite slack on my counting for DD's this week, food came to 600 but then there was the oil I used and some milk etc etc, quite slack of me and a good lesson.

i need to get back to hardcore!

still eating reasonably on UD's but with the odd wine or pastry (cant ever seeing me not having any!)

So Ive lost 18lbs since Jan 14th, quite amazing really. Need to refocus this week and think of Summer! Once the weather turns I can attack the garden and get the activity up.

much love to everyone, keep at it - take it seriously and it works!!

You're doing great. Can I ask you - on your fast days do you fast for 24 hours or is it longer cos of the sleep time? Also do you just do 2 fast ( or low calorie) a week? I'm doing alternates but my weight loss has stalled this month. Wondering about shaking it up a bit. :) xx

You're doing great. Can I ask you - on your fast days do you fast for 24 hours or is it longer cos of the sleep time? Also do you just do 2 fast ( or low calorie) a week? I'm doing alternates but my weight loss has stalled this month. Wondering about shaking it up a bit. :) xx

Hi ladybird thanks for posting!

I try to properly fast. On a monday for example (DD) I won't eat from 7pm Sunday night til 7pm or so Monday, then have a really light meal. Then again I wont eat a full meal til Tuesday night what with being busy at work and quite into the whole idea that the fasting really does me good, I'm used to it now and like the idea that there is no food left to burn so its all fat being used for energy. My one meal on a DD will be around 500-600 cals. this week was 600 and then some most likely and so I stalled a little (I think).

the thing is 1lb a week should be a-okay. Ive been spoilt with 3 or 4lb losses to start with.

For me the biggest success has been the realisation that being hungry is okay and will pass. After a DD I'm not that hungry: sure I could eat and have a subway or something but I can also do without. I'm not so strict though and will have maybe 3 coffees through the day (with sweetener). My brain has started to realise that those 4 slices of bread with cheese can equal a whole day's food on a DD. I LOVE bread, cake pastries you name it and I can still have them, just not every day, and I used to have them every day believe me!

i do just 2 days a week but my calorie total is an average of 1500 per day over a week (I use myfitnesspal which is brilliant). Some days will be 2000-2500 but never above that.

My only down side is that I still neglect some veg and vitamins etc, myfitnesspal tells me that my vitamin intake is not great so Ive bought some multi vitamins to help with that.

So all in I think its still a calories in v's calories out affair, only two days of restrction mean I can eat 'normally' on the other 5. Normal of course being a learning curve for me.

My brother btw looks like a surfboard, broad and thin. I watched him last Summer while we had a big family holiday: he stopped when he'd had enough whereas for me leftover food was a crime and being on holiday meant I could pig out publicly which I thought I needed, turns out I don't need it!

Good luck to you and a shake-up is always a good thing. Your body will soon learn who is in charge!

Last edited:
Well done Levin! :)

Xxx

thank you Sofartogo! I too have a long way to go and havent really set any goals, just seeing the numbers on the scales go down every week is as much as I can hope for.

I remember a medical when I was around 20 and I was 95kgs (14s 8), I felt good then and so I reckon I'll aim for that. Only some 2 and a half stone to go!

I am genuinely excited about 5:2 - this is the first thing that has ever worked without being painful and I think I can stick it out.

17st 2lbs now from 18st 6 and thinking about July and being in the low 16's, that would be amazing!

Last edited:
I'm sure you can do that!! I'm excited about it too. Never that hungry anymore and getting out o the habit of eating. My new motto is not to eat unless I'm hungry! And to stop when I'm full!! :)

Thanks for the information.:) My dd are 24 hours 5 pm - 5pm and mainly fasts. I do have semi skimmed milk in coffee but that's it for the whole 24 hours. I do 3 or 4 week depending how the alternate falls. I reckon my calories average out at 1000 a day over a week judging by MFP. I like the idea of doing 2 tho cos I think 3 or 4 is not sustainable long term but may have to do that to maintain as my losses are slow even on the alternates now.

Ladybird I heard that men lose weight a lot faster than women so I may not be the best example for you. Plus my loss is slowing so initial stats may look amazing but that was never going to be the case long term.

Like my diary title says I am really here for the long term, I could starve myself but be right back here in a year or so with extra pounds, that is the worst of all worlds.

I guess finding what works for you is the only thing that really matters. 1lb a week is 52lbs a year, which is pretty spectacular when you put in in context.

Do you have a diary here? I'd love to pitch in with yours like you have here?

much love and everything else Levin xx

Hi Levin, Just catching up on diaries & popped in to say hi & welcome, well done on your losses & you have a great approach so I know you will do well & if you have off days just pop on & whinge like I do.. it all helps :)

Back